Did dji cap the top speed?

Sounds way too complicated, unless there are issues with your quad which you would pick up straightaway. 1766 mtrs high is outrageous and I reckon you would see stupid numbers pretty much from take off. Why would you have two different names unless you had a refurbished drone?
Names,,,I thought I just had one name ,,:)

Sounds way too complicated, unless there are issues with your quad which you would pick up straightaway. 1766 mtrs high is outrageous and I reckon you would see stupid numbers pretty much from take off. Why would you have two different names unless you had a refurbished drone?
I
Sorry I thought you said you had two different names for the one P4 for you account.
1493977706070-76621815.jpg 1493977753421-207522385.jpg 14939778005991375524404.jpg 1493977840691-328176833.jpg 1493977884666841691321.jpg here are some pics I just take,,ianzone and go media are same ac.. getting more confused,,,what have I done or is app doing this to me:oops: :)

Goss hope pics ok should have put big pics so can see,,,today's flight date wrong to,,,
I have read elsewhere regarding modifying and consolidating your history, need a bit of time to check the forum. What is GB media? I've heard of two different accounts being activated for the one phantom but cannot remember the story behind it. Maybe there are some smarter folk that can chime in.

I have read elsewhere regarding modifying and consolidating your history, need a bit of time to check the forum. What is GB media? I've heard of two different accounts being activated for the one phantom but cannot remember the story behind it. Maybe there are some smarter folk that can chime in.
Yip thanks,,apparently gb media is somehow the name of my p4 which very strange because I named it ianzone,,,that's why it got 2 names???????I not know either,,,we'll have to drink on it,,,,cheers and thanks,,ian

View attachment 81638 this flight here things start to go odd,,,notice it changeING modes,,,,battery warning,,rth because flat batterie but landed with 30%,,,,
It wasn't saying you had low power - it was saying you only had enough power to safely return home according to how you have your critical level set.. You were almost a mile out - so the app determined that you needed to come home at that point with the power consumption it was seeing..

It wasn't saying you had low power - it was saying you only had enough power to safely return home according to how you have your critical level set.. You were almost a mile out - so the app determined that you needed to come home at that point with the power consumption it was seeing..
Very good info,,,,thanks,,,

The Top Altitude figure will be the height above sea level.
So you've flown from somewhere that was 1200 or more metres above sea level.
Max height ever flown was 1315ft,,I not know where 1700plus mtrs came from:),I haven't climbed any mountains yet,have,,me have study day today try work out all these numbers etc,,,thanks again ,,ian

Ha yep looking good sun pumping

HI just a update test flight good ,sport mode working but not sure if speed accurate,,,,1=5mph wind ..10km visibility,,20.4 m/s ( 95:2kph ) ,,,,airdata just shows couple interference warnings but good,,,,good good ,,,:):) and thanks for idea,,,,happy flying again,,,,,what a stupid problem that was,,,thought I was going mad,,got few more Grey hairs for that,,,,not sure how parts inside but it seems there's hundreds of things that can happen,,,
HI update,,,just had best flight ,,here there ever where at top speed,,awsome,,finnally got past,,,
Ha yep looking good sun pumping

HI just a update test flight good ,sport mode working but not sure if speed accurate,,,,1=5mph wind ..10km visibility,,20.4 m/s ( 95:2kph ) ,,,,airdata just shows couple interference warnings but good,,,,good good ,,,:):) and thanks for idea,,,,happy flying again,,,,,what a stupid problem that was,,,thought I was going mad,,got few more Grey hairs for that,,,,not sure how parts inside but it seems there's hundreds of things that can happen,,,
Well that's good news, I only use the Airdata info as a guide in case something weird happens. Maybe fly again using the dji go4 app and compare speed readings. I try not to worry about al the others things that can go wrong, fly it and fix it when it doesn't fly....
Well that's good news, I only use the Airdata info as a guide in case something weird happens. Maybe fly again using the dji go4 app and compare speed readings. I try not to worry about al the others things that can go wrong, fly it and fix it when it doesn't fly....
HI, update best flight ever this morning ,,here there,,everywhere,,top speed,,was awsome :) only numbers I now look at is growth of value,,finnally got past the 6000001494108252785-1905318373.jpg,,,weather changing again,,been catching up on flying:)

Reactions: tevek
HI update,,,just had best flight ,,here there ever where at top speed,,awsome,,finnally got past,,,

HI, update best flight ever this morning ,,here there,,everywhere,,top speed,,was awsome :) only numbers I now look at is growth of value,,finnally got past the 600000View attachment 81759,,,weather changing again,,been catching up on flying:)
Nice work, did you figure out why you had so many different flight records?

Nice work, did you figure out why you had so many different flight records?
Not, yes very strange ,,just happy that it Flys normal ,,if something should come up ,,I look it over it,,some posts yesterday in p3 postings about flyers having incorrect dates ,,,was watching thread in case idea come up,,,they mentioned a crystal in the drone that does time date is broken,,,no idea scared me off ha,,not sure if p4 has or not,,,what I thinking somehow with my new tablet when I first download djigo4 it brought all my information from other phantoms I have aswell,,,if I could just have one app for one drone somehow I might be right,,not one device that has multiple readings,,,,,:)

Not, yes very strange ,,just happy that it Flys normal ,,if something should come up ,,I look it over it,,some posts yesterday in p3 postings about flyers having incorrect dates ,,,was watching thread in case idea come up,,,they mentioned a crystal in the drone that does time date is broken,,,no idea scared me off ha,,not sure if p4 has or not,,,what I thinking somehow with my new tablet when I first download djigo4 it brought all my information from other phantoms I have aswell,,,if I could just have one app for one drone somehow I might be right,,not one device that has multiple readings,,,,,:)
I also saw those posts and was hoping for an answer. I would be thinking that you would be running both dji apps since you are running both the P3 and P4 phantoms and you simply open up the one matched to the drone you are using. Am I missing something?

I also saw those posts and was hoping for an answer. I would be thinking that you would be running both dji apps since you are running both the P3 and P4 phantoms and you simply open up the one matched to the drone you are using. Am I missing something?
Um I just have djigo4 on this this tablet and dji for p34k and p3s on another tablet so I don't know how it got all muddled up,,,I think that where the fun begins,,

Regarding the flight speed question. I bought a p4p when it was released in November. That P4P would read 45 mph in p mode with all sensors on and 60 mph in sports mode. I sold the p4p in January. I recently bought a new p4p in April and top speed is 30 mph in p mode with all sensors on, I haven't tried sports mode yet. I think the the problem is not that the drone is going any slower but that the reading in dji go 4 has changed and is displaying a more accurate speed reading than before. My wife's P4 used to read 35mph in p mode, now it reads 28mph I believe. I think the change came from one of the updates of DJI go 4 to display a more accurate reading. My 2 cents

Regarding the flight speed question. I bought a p4p when it was released in November. That P4P would read 45 mph in p mode with all sensors on and 60 mph in sports mode. I sold the p4p in January. I recently bought a new p4p in April and top speed is 30 mph in p mode with all sensors on, I haven't tried sports mode yet. I think the the problem is not that the drone is going any slower but that the reading in dji go 4 has changed and is displaying a more accurate speed reading than before. My wife's P4 used to read 35mph in p mode, now it reads 28mph I believe. I think the change came from one of the updates of DJI go 4 to display a more accurate reading. My 2 cents
You're probably right as I did a high speed run yesterday with a nice tailwind and was expecting another 10 kph from the read out. It may have been a fine tuning of app with the last update, doesn't really matter and probably explains some earlier posts of people clocking 90 mph!

You're probably right as I did a high speed run yesterday with a nice tailwind and was expecting another 10 kph from the read out. It may have been a fine tuning of app with the last update, doesn't really matter and probably explains some earlier posts of people clocking 90 mph!
Exactly ;)

If your P4 pro could do 45 mph in P-GPS mode it was very special
The published specs have not changed since the P4 pro was released. They show:
Max Speed
S-mode: 45 mph (72 kph)
A-mode: 36 mph (58 kph)
P-mode: 31 mph (50 kph)​
Perhaps you had the app set to show km/hr?
It's easy enough to go back and look at the flight records from your first machine and check what speed it really did.
Your Phantom should get 36 mph in P-GPS with OA disabled.
The speed data has always been from GPS and is no more accurate now than before.
It may have been a fine tuning of app with the last update, doesn't really matter and probably explains some earlier posts of people clocking 90 mph!
No-one has ever flown their Phantom at 90 mph.
If they did, they never brought it back.

If your P4 pro could do 45 mph in P-GPS mode it was very special
The published specs have not changed since the P4 pro was released. They show:
Max Speed
S-mode: 45 mph (72 kph)
A-mode: 36 mph (58 kph)
P-mode: 31 mph (50 kph)​
Perhaps you had the app set to show km/hr?
It's easy enough to go back and look at the flight records from your first machine and check what speed it really did.
Your Phantom should get 36 mph in P-GPS with OA disabled.
The speed data has always been from GPS and is no more accurate now than before.

No-one has ever flown their Phantom at 90 mph.
If they did, they never brought it back.
I'm telling you, at one point dji go 4 was displaying the speed wrong, showing the drone going faster than it really was. I hit 61 mph with my first p4p in sports mode, which I honestly believe was a inaccurate reading in dji go 4 while using android, I know this because I was also switching between a Samsung s7 edge & iphone 7 plus at the time . Dji go 4 would show I would get more speed while using android compared to when I used iOS. I suspect the iOS version to be more accurate.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav