Did dji cap the top speed?

I'm telling you, at one point dji go 4 was displaying the speed wrong, showing the drone going faster than it really was. I hit 66 mph with my first p4p in sports mode, which I honestly believe was a inaccurate reading in dji go 4 while using android, I know this because I was also switching between a Samsung s7 edge & iphone 7 plus at the time . Dji go 4 would show I would get more speed while using android compared to when I used iOS. I suspect the iOS version to be more accurate.
Whether you have and Android or Apple device, it simply shows the speed that the Phantom's telemetry gives it.
Neither will be any more accurate.
But it is possible that you had one configured in Km/hr and the other in mph.
Check the flight records.

Whether you have and Android or Apple device, it simply shows the speed that the Phantom's telemetry gives it.
No I was and have always been in mph. I tested it personally, like I said between iOS and Android, same area, one flight after another and while flying with android it would display a faster reading.

61mph
94f4a0dbeee36bdf918c5e2be5ea30a5.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry when I said 66mph, it was
OK ... now find the individual record for 10/11/2016 and see if you can find where it was doing 61 mph.
You won't be able to. I'm guessing the fastest it shows is about 38mph.
It's a well known bug in the top speed feature that gives the numbers in km/hr even though it says mph.

Reactions: KingDad1985
OK ... now find the individual record for 10/11/2016 and see if you can find where it was doing 61 mph.
You won't be able to.
It's a well known bug in the top speed feature that gives the numbers in km/hr even though it says mph.
I think you are misunderstanding me. I've always said it was a bug or glitch. I never said it was actually going that fast, quite the opposite.
What I'm trying to say is while flying with android it would say I was going 61mph , and when flying with iOS it would say 45mph. So the android version of DJI go 4 must of been inaccurate at the time.

What I'm trying to say is while flying with android it would say I was going 61mph , and when flying with iOS it would say 45mph. So the android version of DJI go 4 must of been inaccurate at the time.
But that's not possible.
The app (whatever version) only displays the telemetry provided by the Phantom.
It doesn't generate the data.
There must be another explanation.

But that's not possible.
The app (whatever version) only displays the telemetry provided by the Phantom.
The explanation must be something else.
I really should of recorded everything that day. So we could go over it. My wife was with me that day and both of us were upset at the fact that android version would glitch like this. Also check this out. It says I was 26000 ft at top altitude which I understand is top altitude above sea level. I've never taken off anywhere near that height. I love in Southern California, altitude here is 2300 ft, nowhere near 26,000 ft. So if there is a glitch with this. Than it's very possible a speed glitch could of existed.

Yes ... very few people would have flown that high, probably no-one ever has.
But the data in the individual flight records should all be accurate.
That's true. I agree. My whole point was dji go 4 is inaccurate though. Haha. Anyways have a nice night

;) I love this hobby! Hahaha You too!
HI Yip so addictive,,,we'll it's good to know there's a bit of funny numbering going on across the phantoms,,was reading some yesterday in the p3 posts,,I got a few phantoms so I think my headache went bit further, all the best for future flights:)

Reactions: KingDad1985
HI Yip so addictive,,,we'll it's good to know there's a bit of funny numbering going on across the phantoms,,was reading some yesterday in the p3 posts,,I got a few phantoms so I think my headache went bit further, all the best for future flights:)
You too!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl