Did dji cap the top speed?

I think if you had an esc issue the drone would either be flying all over the place with one or more motors not playing the game. I know what you mean when something is not quite right, had a gut feeling yesterday that I'd forgotten something and flew anyway. Turned out I'd forgotten to turn on the battery pack for the antenna booster, had a signal disconnect and just about smacked a tree as the drone attempted a RTH. Time to put a sticker on the RC to remind me....
Curious about the sport mode banner not popping up when engaged, doesn't sound right, I'm assuming the other modes pop up when engaged?
Um yes others modes and prompts come up

View attachment 81638 this flight here things start to go odd,,,notice it changeING modes,,,,battery warning,,rth because flat batterie but landed with 30%,,,,
The low battery warning is pretty conservative and happens to me quite a bit. You can either ignore and cancel the RTH if you are confident of going further or turn around and head back. If you look at your time line at the top of the app, you'll see the battery time remaining increase as you get closer to HP and I use that as much as the battery % level. I am assuming that the low battery RTH setting is based on the amount of power used to get to a certain distance and calculates how much is needed to get home safely.

The low battery warning is pretty conservative and happens to me quite a bit. You can either ignore and cancel the RTH if you are confident of going further or turn around and head back. If you look at your time line at the top of the app, you'll see the battery time remaining increase as you get closer to HP and I use that as much as the battery % level. I am assuming that the low battery RTH setting is based on the amount of power used to get to a certain distance and calculates how much is needed to get home safely.
I'm on 30%warning and 10%critical,,,,,,do you notice all the changes in flight ,,,only engaged sport mode once I think when I was ready to go,,I think 36ft I change,only time I touch switch till I come in to land,,,,yes no flag comes up

I'm on 30%warning and 10%critical,,,,,,do you notice all the changes in flight ,,,only engaged sport mode once I think when I was ready to go,,I think 36ft I change,only time I touch switch till I come in to land,,,,yes no flag comes up
I'll get test flight in soon wind dropping,,no flying nearly 2weeks,,I will be pedal to the metal:) I hope

Reactions: tevek
Actually had a closer look at the other mode changes and apart from the low battery RTH which is automatic if you don't cancel it, it looks like you are switching in between modes. I have noticed in the Airdata logs that I check that I have seen similar changes in flight which I haven't initiated. Be interesting to see what that flight looks like in the phantom view log that many use on this forum, wouldn't be surprised if it is different to the Airdata info.

Actually had a closer look at the other mode changes and apart from the low battery RTH which is automatic if you don't cancel it, it looks like you are switching in between modes. I have noticed in the Airdata logs that I check that I have seen similar changes in flight which I haven't initiated. Be interesting to see what that flight looks like in the phantom view log that many use on this forum, wouldn't be surprised if it is different to the Airdata info.
Wow I look at that when I home,,Yeh it looks like it preselecting my flight mode for me,,,I think this where me trouble with sport mode started?????and I is hanging to fly:)just redone my stick calibration,,,,got a help somewhere,,,

Yeh that rth I couldn't cancel,,was pressing cross on me screen to cancel and head back anyway but it keeps initiating,,stopped rth very close to hp

Yeh that rth I couldn't cancel,,was pressing cross on me screen to cancel and head back anyway but it keeps initiating,,stopped rth very close to hp
That doesn't sound right, you should be able to cancel and continue. Wonder if it is an issue with the app more than a problem with the drone. Might be worth uninstalling/installing the app. Sync your flights first though.

That doesn't sound right, you should be able to cancel and continue. Wonder if it is an issue with the app more than a problem with the drone. Might be worth uninstalling/installing the app. Sync your flights first though.
Yip scary moment it was to live next to BIG pine tree ,,took off from under it but apon rth process it would have landed on top:eek:,glad I re got control,,good idea reinstall,,I do that,,practice what I preach,,:)

Update just reinstall djigo4 ,,I got sport logo come up on screen,,choice,,,test soon,,,

Love a happy ending!
Ha yep looking good sun pumping
Love a happy ending!
HI just a update test flight good ,sport mode working but not sure if speed accurate,,,,1=5mph wind ..10km visibility,,20.4 m/s ( 95:2kph ) ,,,,airdata just shows couple interference warnings but good,,,,good good ,,,:):) and thanks for idea,,,,happy flying again,,,,,what a stupid problem that was,,,thought I was going mad,,got few more Grey hairs for that,,,,not sure how parts inside but it seems there's hundreds of things that can happen,,,

HI just a update test flight good ,sport mode working but not sure if speed accurate,,,,1=5mph wind ..10km visibility,,20.4 m/s ( 95:2kph ) ,,,,airdata just shows couple interference warnings but good,,,,good good ,,,:):) and thanks for idea,,,,happy flying again,,,,,what a stupid problem that was,,,thought I was going mad,,got few more Grey hairs for that,,,,not sure how parts inside but it seems there's hundreds of things that can happen,,,
Airdata isn't much use if you want to see what's happening.
You'll get a much better idea by going to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

Well that's good news, I only use the Airdata info as a guide in case something weird happens. Maybe fly again using the dji go4 app and compare speed readings. I try not to worry about al the others things that can go wrong, fly it and fix it when it doesn't fly....

Well that's good news, I only use the Airdata info as a guide in case something weird happens. Maybe fly again using the dji go4 app and compare speed readings. I try not to worry about al the others things that can go wrong, fly it and fix it when it doesn't fly....
Yip true that,,,been looking also at me flight records,,even though I sync them still seems a bit out,,,like I don't remember flying 1766m high,,somehow all me drone data getting so mixed up,,I have one p4 with 2 names for it with 2 different readings,,,confused yet,,,me to,,,I don't want to dig any deeper ,,,:)

Yip true that,,,been looking also at me flight records,,even though I sync them still seems a bit out,,,like I don't remember flying 1766m high,,somehow all me drone data getting so mixed up,,I have one p4 with 2 names for it with 2 different readings,,,confused yet,,,me to,,,I don't want to dig any deeper ,,,:)
Gezz only wrote half me post,,here other bit,,I got a few phantoms not sure why but dji is storing them all on one one device even though I only use this tablet for p4 but they all here ,,I think this is how information screwed up,,that's it beer time :)

Sounds way too complicated, unless there are issues with your quad which you would pick up straightaway. 1766 mtrs high is outrageous and I reckon you would see stupid numbers pretty much from take off. Why would you have two different names unless you had a refurbished drone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20