Descending the P3 Standard from high up.

Reaction score
I was flying my P3 a couple days ago and flew it up 334 feet. I started to descend and I took almost 2 minutes to get back, close to the ground. I was trying to lower it pretty quickly but I was scared if I lowered it to quickly it would start to go out of control or I would accidentally disarm the motors mid flight. As I was lowering it, it started to rock side to side a little bit. Should I be worried about lowering too quickly? Also, can you accidentally disarm the motors in flight and have the Phantom drop out of the sky like a brick?

There is a theory that a straight decent can cause turbulence and los of control. They advise adding some side to side movement
I heard that you can do a manual shutdown in flight, but never tried it

Reactions: abobroff8
As I was lowering it, it started to rock side to side a little bit.
Rocking is a sign of VRS. If this happens, you are descending too quickly. If you slow the descent and you still see it rocking, you should immediately start moving in a horizontal direction. VRS will eventually cause your Phantom to plummet straight down into the ground.

When descending, all should be well if you're not moving more than 4 MPH. If you need to come down faster, make sure you're moving in a horizontal direction as you're descending.

can you accidentally disarm the motors in flight and have the Phantom drop out of the sky like a brick?
This can only be done by doing a CSC. Holding the left stick in the full down position will not shut off your motors if your Phantom is moving.

Reactions: abobroff8

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20