DBS or FPVLR? again...

Don't have a lot of trees nearby, so a test like that may or may not happen but it's a worthy test scenario. Hopefully I'll have a chance at some point to try. Maybe use houses/buildings in the way as a similar test.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Not yet, it has been raining till today but was busy. :( Tomorrow MIGHT be an okay day to try...so cross your fingers!

Reactions: dirkclod
Ok, I would like your opinions and help. I installed the Itelite yesterday on my P3S remote. Took her out for a test fly tonight. I was in a neighboorhood standing on the front of my friends house. He does have electric power lines above his driveway but the sort that feeds electricity to your house... not high power ones.I flew the bird beyond his house to a ball field and I was 120ft alt. Got a couple of signal losses at the ball field and right over my head. Had data loss here. HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters And I kept getting signal loss not very far from me. But I still had control of drone. When I was at furthest point, I still had full signal bars but kept getting the red signal loss notification..
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

On my 2nd flight tonight, I had no signal issues as I was at the back of the house and some trees in the area. Sometimes the red signal warning would flash on the GO app but never lost control and RTH never initiated. Is this normal for the Itelite to behave this way? I don't remember getting so many signal loss warnings before with the old antenna.
I have only had the drone for 2 weeks. Mod was done last night by myself.

Ok, I would like your opinions and help. I installed the Itelite yesterday on my P3S remote. Took her out for a test fly tonight. I was in a neighboorhood standing on the front of my friends house. He does have electric power lines above his driveway but the sort that feeds electricity to your house... not high power ones.I flew the bird beyond his house to a ball field and I was 120ft alt. Got a couple of signal losses at the ball field and right over my head. Had data loss here. HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters And I kept getting signal loss not very far from me. But I still had control of drone. When I was at furthest point, I still had full signal bars but kept getting the red signal loss notification..

On my 2nd flight tonight, I had no signal issues as I was at the back of the house and some trees in the area. Sometimes the red signal warning would flash on the GO app but never lost control and RTH never initiated. Is this normal for the Itelite to behave this way? I don't remember getting so many signal loss warnings before with the old antenna.

i have a phantom 3 4k and i don`t know which dbs antenna to buy for my p3 4k dbs 01, dbs01 v2 or dbs02 can you help me

i have a phantom 3 4k and i don`t know which dbs antenna to buy for my p3 4k dbs 01, dbs01 v2 or dbs02 can you help me

Rick, the ITE-DBS02 panel is for the Phantom 3 Adv/Pro or Inspire 1. It only has 2 connections vs the 3 that the P3 Standard or P3 4K need.

I feel like you could contact DBS or
Itelite.net and ask them of they could sell you a ITE-DBS01 panel with the metal mounting bracket for the P3 Adv/Pro controller.

DBS has a video up on youtube for the P3 4K but nothing on his store yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick, the ITE-DBS02 panel is for the Phantom 3 Adv/Pro or Inspire 1. It only has 2 connections vs the 3 that the P3 Standard or P3 4K need.

Itelite.net and ask them of they could sell you a ITE-DBS01 panel with the metal mounting bracket for the P3 Adv/Pro controller.

thks a lot for the info,,,i`ve seen a video that has dbs 0

thks for the info,,,i`ve seen a video with the p3 4k and a ite dbs01(3connectors) but i was not sure ! .dbs told me they dont have a kit for my p3 4k for now but with your infos and the video i`ve seen ,,i`m gonna buy the dbs01 and try it on my 4k ,,,and i`ll post the infos , if it works good,specs ect,,,, it will help other 4k owners in the future,,,thks again

Took my bird out today on a VERY windy day (18-20mph winds) for another ITElite (DBS) panel VS. FPVLR antenna comparison

Semi-rural area...again, super windy. THIS time around, looks like the FPVLR bested the panel by about 100'. So, what I noticed this time around is that the panel just disconnected FPV without a whole lot of warning. UP until then, as usual, the RC control looked strong. Initiated RTH with controller no problem.

The FPVLR on the other hand, got a few weak RC controller readings BEFORE the FPV signal disconnected. Re-aiming quickly brought the strength back up to almost full bars...that happened 2-3 times until FPV disconnected and I started RTH.

Strangely, looking at the CONTROL>Rudder Map info for both flights-they were green the entire way until RTH kicked in (even with the weak RC warnings at the end with the FPVLR).

Starting to think there's not whole lot of difference as far as long range between these two. Will try and find some interference likes trees, buildings for more testing. Flight Records from today below!

ITElite (DBS) Panel- 7,389 feet
- HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
FPVLR-7,497 feet - HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Last edited:
So what I want is better range of course, I'd like 1 - 2 Miles. But it needs to be really strong in the 1 - 1.5 mile range. What kit would be best for this. Yes trees, buildings, neighborhoods, sometimes water and island flying. Not really going for "max distance" really i just want strong signal in the 1 - 1.5 mile range. One thing I've noticed about the DBS is it's a clean install, wouldn't need to worry about the antenna as much as the FPVLR, but that isn't a deal breaker...

I mean, am I really gonna have to wire up my radio for external antennas and buy both kits and see which I like better? Or is there some real info on this?
6051c7d80eb8e6f5a25f09fcdea810dd.jpg

I go 3 miles every time with never losing a signal and I live near the city not in miles of open desert. Would definitely recommend fpvlr!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

6051c7d80eb8e6f5a25f09fcdea810dd.jpg

I go 3 miles every time with never losing a signal and I live near the city not in miles of open desert. Would definitely recommend fpvlr!!

I'm going to assume this is amped with FPVLR, am I wrong? I wonder how much your range is aided by the water there.

I think he has an Advanced, which has longer distance than a Standard by default.
Thanks Mandalay. Advanced is coming this week so I will be able to compare that stock too!

What kind of range do they get on a phantom 3 pro

Nice to have all the toys huh? Congrats [emoji106]
Well, we will see how things go. Not SUPER excited about what I read regarding range in the ADV/Pro forums, many of them are having issues with relatively short range in congested/higher interference areas.

Many complain about no more than 1000ft with the Lightbridge so I am very interested to see what the deal is. The P3S is an outstanding value IMO with a DBS or FPVLR antenna, easily more than double stock range (which in theory is >2Km then).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues