HUGE Inconsistancy with range and connection.

Reaction score
Hi,

First off, I did a search about this topic, inconsistent connection, and didn't find my exact problem. Not to say the answer hasn't already been dealt with but I probably missed it. Any links would be greatly appreciated.

I have the new P4P, latest update as of 4/1/18, no aftermarket modification, use an apple mini iPad (latest update) with DJI's Go app (fully updated) and live in a fairlly remotre area near the CT River. The unit has never had as much as a rough landing.

Like a lot of other folks here I get good and bad range from time to time but today was the worst yet. Once past 100yds I simply couldn't keep connected. All with direct sight line; no trees buildings, etc. The iPad was on "Airplane" mode and there were no cell phones or towers in the area. The screen lagged miserably, green flicker, and at times total disconnect. I don't think I had a straight 10 seconds of clean screen. Never went farther than 500 yds and 300' altitude. During the flight I checked the channels and "auto" seemed fine. At one point I shut down the DJI Go altogether and went over to Lichi and found the same connection problem. I didnt do any other troubleshooting as I simply wanted to bring it back in one piece. I've had maybe 20 flights in the same location on this P4P and have never had this big of a problem before.

What concerns me is that not two weeks ago I had a good 1.5 mile connection with no problem. All my previous flights have been "relatively" OK but today was, like I said, miserable.

Any thoughts or links to a discussion that I might have missed would be great.

Many thanks in advance.

ST

Have you tried another device? and see if the signal issue is better. I pad mini might struggle with the latest DJI GO4 app.

Reactions: Sprague
Let us know how it works out. Mines been doing the same thing right out of the box. Only had it 3-days now.

Hi,

First off, I did a search about this topic, inconsistent connection, and didn't find my exact problem. Not to say the answer hasn't already been dealt with but I probably missed it. Any links would be greatly appreciated.

I have the new P4P, latest update as of 4/1/18, no aftermarket modification, use an apple mini iPad (latest update) with DJI's Go app (fully updated) and live in a fairlly remotre area near the CT River. The unit has never had as much as a rough landing.

Like a lot of other folks here I get good and bad range from time to time but today was the worst yet. Once past 100yds I simply couldn't keep connected. All with direct sight line; no trees buildings, etc. The iPad was on "Airplane" mode and there were no cell phones or towers in the area. The screen lagged miserably, green flicker, and at times total disconnect. I don't think I had a straight 10 seconds of clean screen. Never went farther than 500 yds and 300' altitude. During the flight I checked the channels and "auto" seemed fine. At one point I shut down the DJI Go altogether and went over to Lichi and found the same connection problem. I didnt do any other troubleshooting as I simply wanted to bring it back in one piece. I've had maybe 20 flights in the same location on this P4P and have never had this big of a problem before.

What concerns me is that not two weeks ago I had a good 1.5 mile connection with no problem. All my previous flights have been "relatively" OK but today was, like I said, miserable.

Any thoughts or links to a discussion that I might have missed would be great.

Many thanks in advance.

ST
Uninstall every thing, and re-install. May need to do this 2 -3 times, but mine came right in the end.

Uninstall every thing, and re-install. May need to do this 2 -3 times, but mine came right in the end.
Well, I did just that; I uninstalled and then reinstalled and the thing flew as good as it ever had. Cant figure how something can "degrade" when it's not being used (my iPad is dedicated to only the P4P). But then again, if I could figure that out I'd be a very rich man!

Many thanks to this great community and yes, I'm going to get a more powerful iPad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl