Boosted ItElite getting the same distance as it was before being boosted?

Reaction score
Ok, I have posted a few times lately to make sure I ordered the correct DBS antenna, the best 2.4 and 5.8GHZ amps, and the best performing battery to run the amps. Unfortunately, I am not getting the performance I was expecting... :(

I purchased the ItElite DBS Antenna for my P3S. Then flew it out to a maximum distance of 9000 ft. I was very happy, but I wanted more and since this was a plain antenna, I figured it was time to BOOST IT!! I researched and bought 2 of the gold 2.4 GHz Sunhuns amps and 1 - 5.8 GHZ sunhuns amp. I also got the Battery and splitter listed below so I could hook them all up at the same time.

Amazon.com: DC 12480 4800mAh DC 12V Super Lithium Polymer Dual Lead Battery Pack: Computers & Accessories
Amazon.com: 3 way 12V DC Battery Pack power splitter, 3 to 1 DC adapter: Computers & Accessories

Then I purchased 2 different mounting brackets for the amps and battery before I found the one I liked that felt comfortable. Don't know how much all the accessories cost me and really do not want to at this point...

Then I set out to fly and destroy my 9000 feet max distance when I was using the ItElite antenna alone... I noticed immediately a issue on the radio status screen that comes up on the same screen where you calibrate the drone. all of a sudden the Radio Channel Quality said "POOR"... and there was a note that said "strong interference. Fly with Caution". I decided to go ahead and fly since the signals on the main screen seemed fine..

I flew out to about 2500 feet with no problem and had few issues out to 6000 feet, but started to lose signal at 6500 feet. Since that initial flight, subsequent flights have basically been the same with little difference even at significantly different areas.

Any help is welcomed. I guess I may need to stop upgrading my older drone and buy a new model, but I like everything else about this drone...

#1 Are you sure you have them connected correctly, radio end to RC?
#2 Both RC and external battery charged to 100%
#3 Are you running any software mod?
#4 Are you flying in an urban, suburban or rural area?
#5 Are in a CE or FCC area?
PS: Adding amps are not going to double your range, but an extra 2000 or 3000 feet, yes.

Last edited:
#1 Are you sure you have them connected correctly, radio end to RC?
#2 Both RC and external battery charged to 100%
#3 Are you running any software mod?
#4 Are you flying in an urban, suburban or rural area?
#5 Are in a CE or FCC area?
PS: Adding amps are not going to double your range, but an extra 2000 or 3000 feet, yes.

#1 yes, everything is set up correctly. I double checked several times.
#2 yes, everything is charged.
#3 I am running DJI Go and have only done the required updates.
#4 the area I am flying is over houses and businesses.. not a huge city, but there are power lines and other things that cause some interference
#5 i am not sure what CE and FCC are...

#4 the area I am flying is over houses and businesses.. not a huge city, but there are power lines and other things that cause some interference
#4 flying over homes or businesses is probably the worst place you could fly interference wise and probably the main reason why your distance is not increasing with added boosters. That's the reason I asked that question because boosters will amplify all signals in that frequency range including ones you do not want from those residences and businesses. You need to be getting out in a rural type of setting to see any real benefit from adding amps.

#5 maybe a simpler question would be what country are you flying in? Your remote changes its power output based on its GPS location.

I know most likely you have hooked all the coax wires correctly but did you also check the pins? that is, check that each connection each has a male pin going into a female hole in each connector. A simple glance is not enough. It's easy to connect 2 connectors that don't really connect. That caused me a headache with my sunhans amps. Once corrected, all good.

I know most likely you have hooked all the coax wires correctly but did you also check the pins? that is, check that each connection each has a male pin going into a female hole in each connector. A simple glance is not enough. It's easy to connect 2 connectors that don't really connect. That caused me a headache with my sunhans amps. Once corrected, all good.
Good point, I forget the way the treads work (male vs female) and the male vs female connections can be reversed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31