DBS or FPVLR? again...

Can anyone tell me if they actually install the dbs system. I called the guy at fplvr. 253 a steep price to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
You saying you called Tony and asked him to install an itelite panel on your TX ?

You saying you called Tony and asked him to install an itelite panel on your TX ?
Considering that DBS is their main competitor I bet they do want a ridiculous amount of money. Thats how Tony is. :D

Can anyone tell me if they actually install the dbs system. I called the guy at fplvr. 253 a steep price to pay.

Hey Tony, send (2) itelite panels my way and your controller I'll mod it up and send it back to you and keep (1)panel for myself

No. Hehe I'm not saying that. I called and for his system it is 154 for the long range kit and 99 to install. Plus shipping. I'm not trying to spend close to 300 for just a couple extra hundred feet of distance. I only paid 499 for the entire system. Not counting the extra battery. The case. The 64g sd card. And another remote. 139. ****. Now another 253. If dbs is cheaper. I will go that route. Just wondering about the install.

No. Hehe I'm not saying that. I called and for his system it is 154 for the long range kit and 99 to install. Plus shipping. I'm not trying to spend close to 300 for just a couple extra hundred feet of distance. I only paid 499 for the entire system. Not counting the extra battery. The case. The 64g sd card. And another remote. 139. ****. Now another 253. If dbs is cheaper. I will go that route. Just wondering about the install.
Sorry I misunderstood what you posted and thought it was funny :)
FPVLR and DBS sorta don't mix :D

Yes no amps. I do have the birdside dipoles Mile so that's what gets me what I get as well as changing all my cables
to better insulated ones . I average on good days between 2.25 to 3.04 miles on long straight runs over fields with some trees and lot's of creeks .
I have the Panel and I have boosters and that's about the distance I get, what do you think I'm doing wrong? It is pretty open area where I'm flying.
I was thinking of trying the FPLVR but I dunno.

Oh okay, so you are referring to the FPVLR P3S antenna setup he offers. Gotcha. The DBS & FPVLR are both decent antennas. The FPVLR will require a more precision aiming of the antenna but they both will require that to some extent.

I have the Panel and I have boosters and that's about the distance I get, what do you think I'm doing wrong? It is pretty open area where I'm flying.
I was thinking of trying the FPLVR but I dunno.
Never have used amps so no help to you the but the way I look at it you can have all the power you want in your hand but if the antennas on the bird can't pick that up then you are were your at .Is why I choose to have better antennas on the bird than stock .
There is no set or certain set up I have found except trying different things to see what I can get .
Your TX is modded so switching over to try the others will only cost you money and time trying to see which you like the best .
My weak link is the antennas on the bird . The ones I have are the best one's I have tried so far but gonna try and find better .
5.8 is still what I lose . Never FPV

Never have used amps so no help to you the but the way I look at it you can have all the power you want in your hand but if the antennas on the bird can't pick that up then you are were your at .Is why I choose to have better antennas on the bird than stock .
There is no set or certain set up I have found except trying different things to see what I can get .
Your TX is modded so switching over to try the others will only cost you money and time trying to see which you like the best .
My weak link is the antennas on the bird . The ones I have are the best one's I have tried so far but gonna try and find better .
Hey dirkclod, my best control antenna birdside was a 5 turn facing rear at 45%. Problem is it will go out farther than your battery and when you turn around to come back it wont pickup your front antenna til bout 2miles which means your cruising a mile or more in slooww motion RTHmode. I dont use that setup anymore but man is it a strong signal! Coulda came back backwards i guess

Hey dirkclod, my best control antenna birdside was a 5 turn facing rear at 45%. Problem is it will go out farther than your battery and when you turn around to come back it wont pickup your front antenna til bout 2miles which means your cruising a mile or more in slooww motion RTHmode. I dont use that setup anymore but man is it a strong signal! Coulda came back backwards i guess
5 turn ?

So Dirkclod, let me ask you a question. When you lose 5.8-but not FPV, do you just basically watch her RTH then? What I'm getting at...is if FPV is still working-are you still also getting instrumentation readings (altitude, speed, etc.) and do the controls on the DJI Go App still work (camera, change Home point, RTH, etc.) even if you have no RC control?

So Dirkclod, let me ask you a question. When you lose 5.8-but not FPV, do you just basically watch her RTH then? What I'm getting at...is if FPV is still working-are you still also getting instrumentation readings (altitude, speed, etc.) and do the controls on the DJI Go App still work (camera, change Home point, RTH, etc.) even if you have no RC control?
When it hits RTH with me I am usually at about 70% with my battery and that's all I will go out anyway so I do let it just come back. I do see all my readings and when I do regain control signal I will just leave it in RTH but will start lowering it and might yaw around take a few pictures or whatever . As far as changing HP I don't as I am where it is coming .
You do have to have RC control to do anything other than just watch the ride .
Hope that answers ya Tanger :)

Yes...that clears it up, so I guess all the telemetry data comes via the 2.4 antenna and so if you have FPV, you have all that-just not RC control since that's a different frequency. Thanks-new to RC and just trying to wrap my head around how this stuff works.

Yes...that clears it up, so I guess all the telemetry data comes via the 2.4 antenna and so if you have FPV, you have all that-just not RC control since that's a different frequency. Thanks-new to RC and just trying to wrap my head around how this stuff works.
Yes all the telemetry comes from the 2.4 .
I'm not new but this Go app is way new to me. I let it overwhelm me at first then just took it apart 1 thing at a time .
Still finding stuff in it :) lol

So what does the inside of dbs antennas look like and are either of these dbs or fpvlr made to handle amps or is amps a bad idea and should I just do a bird side antenna upgrade? If bird side how does the standard bird side antennas work and what would be best cost effective way to do it?

Which antenna do you use now? If you don't mind me asking. Maybe a bi-polar antenna so you wouldn't have to Auto RTH? and Are the 5.8Ghz Antennas on the bird Modded as well?
Thanks

Which antenna do you use now? If you don't mind me asking. Maybe a bi-polar antenna so you wouldn't have to Auto RTH? and Are the 5.8Ghz Antennas on the bird Modded as well?
Thanks
Is in my signature .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl