DBS Mod

Since we are on the topic, how do you correctly position those dipoles to get the optimal signal?
The ones hanging down stay like that and the others I loosen and turn out to the side like if you were holding your arms up and out to the side to go long . I leave them like they are and can get 1 1/2 miles .

So the ones hanging down are 2.4GHz?
And you got the antenna mounting kit from here as well? Antenna mounting kit for the Phantom Vision 2+
Yes the ones down are 2.4 and that mount I have on my P2V .Does not work on this one . He sent me what looked like shelf's
for each side and I just traced out what I wanted and cut them out .Had to do the others for spacers .
Can't find nothing since I tried to clean my PC but did find these just now .How I have them .
Some of this you just have to rig if ya know what I mean .
in.JPG How I usually keep them and when trying those long runs like this out.JPG
I have pictures of everything if I can find where I stashed them :) lol

Last edited:
Yes the ones down are 2.4 and that mount I have on my P2V .Does not work on this one . He sent me what looked like shelf's
for each side and I just traced out what I wanted and cut them out .Had to do the others for spacers .
Can't find nothing since I tried to clean my PC but did find these just now .How I have them .
View attachment 40293 How I usually keep them and when trying those long runs like this View attachment 40294
I have pictures of everything if I can find where I stashed then :) lol
I did try and do them like on the other bird with one 2.4 up on one side and one down and one set up front and one back . The spirals .
I found this to get Me my best and have both sets on the back legs .

Added / This is how I tried them to start with . The big spirals are 2.4's
Mia 2 | DJI Phantom Forum

Last edited:
View attachment 40293 How I usually keep them and when trying those long runs like this View attachment 40294
I have pictures of everything if I can find where I stashed them :) lol
Got it. Thanks for the pictures, which help a ton. I know what to do now.

Reactions: dirkclod
Got it. Thanks for the pictures, which help a ton. I know what to do now.
IF you do decide to do this with those do be sure and request to have 90 degree connecters on the 5.8's or the will come like on his site .
That's how I got the first ones and then had to order again . They didn't work well with them all hanging down .
I did try . Also tried Fat Sharks as well as others but these just seemed to do the best .
I do think there is a better combination but you just have to spend a lot of time trying not to mention money to find it .
We are getting way more distance than they said we would and that's all I was after .
This mess takes up a lot of time :)

Reactions: mandalay
IF you do decide to do this with those do be sure and request to have 90 degree connecters on the 5.8's or the will come like on his site .
That's how I got the first ones and then had to order again . They didn't work well with them all hanging down .
I did try . Also tried Fat Sharks as well as others but these just seemed to do the best .
I do think there is a better combination but you just have to spend a lot of time trying not to mention money to find it .
We are getting way more distance than they said we would and that's all I was after .
This mess takes up a lot of time :)
I see that in your picture. Thanks for the guidance. I hear you about time and money invested in this hobby. But I think it's worth it since I always enjoy flying it. Hopefully I won't get bored down the road [emoji13]

Reactions: dirkclod
Wow Dirk this is great tech advice. This needs a sticky.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl