DBS Mod

That is exactly what I was thinking. I was going to try velcro on an E-flight 3C 3200mah and plug it into the AC adapter port on the transmitter. Do you think the transmitter will fly the drone while plugged in?

I havent seen anything about a remote battery mod. when i had the p3s, i was getting a solid amount of flights per charge.

Im pretty sure its just a lipo battery . Probably could get one with more mAh but I have no idea what would be compatible.

Maybe use a portable usb battery pack to connect to the bottom of the remote instead of switching out the battery itself?
img_7516-jpg.32032
Never needed to use it but have a battery bank and like you said just Velcro it under the TX and plug it in the charging port and is way good enough. Can charge up my Mini if necessary also

Okay if I buy this for my P3S will it go really far and only have to worry about battery life ? Im just scared If i invest 200$ into this and it will only just go a little farther can someone explain this whole thing in alot of detail like whats the range i should expect thanks

@secret, the DBS mod for P3S will double the range. I don't know the specific range of P3S but since it comes without light bridge and relays over a built in wifi transmit and receive... So I expect the P3S gets around quarter mile range and you might be able to go a mile or two with the upgrade. But again I avoid the standard like the plague. The advanced and pro can get around 6 miles with the DBS mod.

Okay if I buy this for my P3S will it go really far and only have to worry about battery life ? Im just scared If i invest 200$ into this and it will only just go a little farther can someone explain this whole thing in alot of detail like whats the range i should expect thanks

@secret, the DBS mod for P3S will double the range. I don't know the specific range of P3S but since it comes without light bridge and relays over a built in wifi transmit and receive... So I expect the P3S gets around quarter mile range and you might be able to go a mile or two with the upgrade. But again I avoid the standard like the plague. The advanced and pro can get around 6 miles with the DBS mod.
That's right you don't know and if you avoid the Standard like the plague why do you keep posting in this section .
Maybe post in the Pro/Adv one and you won't get the Plague .
People come to the Standard section to learn about them from Folks That Have One .

Reactions: SCREWZ
I added the FPVLR Stage 2 kit and more than doubled my range. I suspect DBS is similar. I was going 3,500 feet and losing signal before and now I'm going over 7k...but I keep chickening out before I lose signal, if that helps.

It just a Christmas present and I'm trying to take full advantage of it.
I can dig it. You won't be disappointed. Antenna mod is the best upgrade you can do.

Sorry Dirk I didn't realize I was in the wrong section. But I did read the DBS does increase the range of P3S about double its stock range. The stock range is 1km. So your range with DBS P3S mod with out amps is going to be around 2km in optimal conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry Dirk I didn't realize I was in the wrong section. But I did read the DBS does increase the range of P3S about double its stock range. The stock range is 1km. So your range with DBS P3S mod with out amps is going to be around 2km in optimal conditions.

Yep 8239'.jpg It does .

Standard without mod 5700 feet
Standard with mod 9066 feet

Reactions: dirkclod
Standard without mod 5700 feet
Standard with mod 9066 feet

Nice hand :)
Standard with 2 mods 16,601'
in a drizzle ;)

Hey Dirkclod, did you buy one 2.4 and one 5.8 dipole to attach to your bird? Looks like Tony has them for sale but only 2x 2.4 or 2x 5.8 but I suppose he could mix/match? How does the installation go? Do you have a pick of your craft with the dipole antennas attached? Sounds like it adds a nice gain in addition to the ITElite panel.

You need all 4 dipoles after looking at a GIF image he posted in post 531 (http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?threads/Phantom-3-STANDARD-antenna-upgrade.51543/); 2 for FPV and 2 for the transmitter. I think you have to take off the gimbal to install the 2 pigtails for FPV. For the other 2, you have to open the top of the drone to get to them. But I have no idea where they are located. I have tried to search in this forum and YouTube but not seen anything for P3S. There is one video for the P2V+ on YouTube but I doubt the location is the same for P3S.

Hopefully Dirk has some pictures to share since I'm interested to know in case I decide to do this mod too.

Reactions: dirkclod
Wow, ok thanks Dirkclod! That's too much work for me LOL. Worried about I'm hearing all of a sudden with NFZ and Go app version 2.5. Lots about that in other boards. Thanks again for those pics-pretty impressive...huge upgrade I'm sure. Another $120 or so for both sets of cables though...getting pricey, ugh.

Not cheap and did try cheap ones but these worked the best .
Is really not that hard if you have been going in P2's like I have bro.
Hardest part for me on this one was those clips holding the shell together but don't have to worry with them no more .
And I know what ya mean about the NFZ stuff . I'm lucky where I live .

Not cheap and did try cheap ones but these worked the best .
Is really not that hard if you have been going in P2's like I have bro.
Hardest part for me on this one was those clips holding the shell together but don't have to worry with them no more .
And I know what ya mean about the NFZ stuff . I'm lucky where I live .
Since we are on the topic, how do you correctly position those dipoles to get the optimal signal?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik