DBS Mod

Cool. Same here, as far as the video still being weaker, and still dropping out for seconds at long distance, while transmitter signal is rarely ever actually lost, so no RTH issues like before. As I understand it, the video feed can really only be improved by a birdside mod that costs about $150, and it can be made 18x stronger than it is now. I'm considering it.

So is it true then that an amp on the 2.4 side would not increase range for my video signal?

Sorry to revive old thread but was there a definitive theory on increasing the video stream on p3p/a? Sounds like the 2.4ghz signal from the transmitter has been optimized efficiently with the DBS mod... but the problem is with the P3P onboard video transmitter? is that correct? And this problem is overcome with a bird side mod?

Also, how are you increasing your battery life on the dji transmitter? Are you just connecting a 9v plug adapter into a lipo? I have a many spare 3200 3c e-flite lipo's around. Curious if the transmitter will turn on and transmit while being plugged into the wall charger now...

Lastly, flight time can be increased with side mounted lipo's and a mod to the oem battery, is this the current best method? What are our options?

I just bought P3P DBS from ebay for $109 includes antenna and sma cables (no amp, no battery). Anyone know where I can get a battery mod to extend my p3p transmitter battery life? and where do I get the higher quality blue sma cables?

Would you share the link you got your itelite from Nobile .
Look in my search for battery mod and you will find what you ask on that .

You are awesome!

upload_2016-1-9_22-10-20.png

Itelite DBS Flight Range Extender Antenna ITE-DBS02

Yikes that would suck. Thanks for checking on me. You guys are cool cats.

What length and orientation blue Ana cable do I need for the RG402 phantom 3 pro itelite dbs mod?

Also dirk I didn't see the search for the battery. I got a bunch of random threads. Can you post?

Reactions: dirkclod
Stupid Question 101:

If these things work so well and provide major performance increases...

Why are they not standard? / Or at least a purchasable upgrade?

(Even for the improved close range signal response)

Not knocking these things, as I will order one. But do wonder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
@Trickster, I think
#1 is that DJI has the market by the balls. Phantom 3 has the longest range of any other brand out of the box. They did need to spend +$50 per transmitter to double the range. So they cut cost and put on the reliable and effective bat antenna's. Takes man power and engineering and testing and buying the parts from a wholesaler...
#2 DJI probably has a large warehouse full of unpurchased DJI inspire's transmitter parts which could assemble and include with the Phantom 3's. This also cuts costs and allows us mid range guys to get the inspire remote. Pretty good deal.
#3 I strongly feel there is pressure from the FAA and FCC, secret service, and the Gov to decrease the effective range and altitude of these UAV's- they already told us line of sight only, which is horse $h!^. So DJI knows were going mod the crap out of them and just wants to make the DJI brand marketable to the masses.
#4 It is also perhaps the DBS mod takes up too much battery from the transmitter and they wanted us to get 2-3 flights out of the transmitter before charging to reduce the amount of fly aways.
#5 Its not likely but possible DJI cut R&D costs by using the inspire transmitter and not having to look into better alternatives. So its possible DJI didn't know the DBS range mod is cheap and effective!

Sorry that was so long winded. I was just talking to a buddy of mine about all this stuff. He thinks DJI are a bunch of knuckleheads. I think my logic is pretty sound, DJI gave us a better remote, its the inspire. It costs as much as the P3S. What more could we ask for?

@Jay, Thank you. You are a kind person!!! I am also looking for instructions to do this myself as I have all the tools. I just need to swing by RC shop and buy the wire and connectors.
Also, I'm wondering if any genius has invented or MacGyver'ed a transmitter battery mod to extend the amount of flight time on the transmitter for long flights?

@Jay, Thank you. You are a kind person!!! I am also looking for instructions to do this myself as I have all the tools. I just need to swing by RC shop and buy the wire and connectors.
Also, I'm wondering if any genius has invented or MacGyver'ed a transmitter battery mod to extend the amount of flight time on the transmitter for long flights?

I havent seen anything about a remote battery mod. when i had the p3s, i was getting a solid amount of flights per charge.

Im pretty sure its just a lipo battery . Probably could get one with more mAh but I have no idea what would be compatible.

Maybe use a portable usb battery pack to connect to the bottom of the remote instead of switching out the battery itself?
img_7516-jpg.32032

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4