Crash and problem with the roll motor gimbal

Reaction score
I had an accident recently with my phantom 3 and luckily still fly , but the camera gimbal not stabilized horizontally. (in the video you can see how it behaves ) . I disarmed the yaw motor and in that moment fell like dust parts of the magnet, that was the reason why when one moved his with the hand a cratchy noise was heard .
If the camera is tilted sounds and looks the motor unsuccessfully tries to straighten , but if I help him with my hand to straighten then is heard trying to stop.
With these symptoms that you think is the problem? the magnet ? the motor? the motor controller?
The other axes work well , I'm thinking to verify my diagnosis the roll motor exchanging in place of the yaw motor, but I'm not sure that can be done .
I listen to suggestions, thanks and regards !!!!
Excuse my bad English , I hope it is understood .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I had an accident recently with my phantom 3 and luckily still fly , but the camera gimbal not stabilized horizontally. (in the video you can see how it behaves ) . I disarmed the yaw motor and in that moment fell like dust parts of the magnet, that was the reason why when one moved his with the hand a cratchy noise was heard .
If the camera is tilted sounds and looks the motor unsuccessfully tries to straighten , but if I help him with my hand to straighten then is heard trying to stop.
With these symptoms that you think is the problem? the magnet ? the motor? the motor controller?
The other axes work well , I'm thinking to verify my diagnosis the roll motor exchanging in place of the yaw motor, but I'm not sure that can be done .
I listen to suggestions, thanks and regards !!!!
Excuse my bad English , I hope it is understood .

contact @hunch on this forum-- he can help you with this.

Reactions: LamboH
not yet, i`m working in that. my progress was to stay still when you turn now to upload a video later with what I tell them

you were able to fix it?
i have the same Problem:
fy0gno.jpg

not yet, i receive a few days ago a roll motor with the arm, have to changeit and probe, today i`ll try to do that and post if works.

finally i could make the time to change the roll motor carefully. and this is the result.

tomorrow i`ll do a fligh test. but i`m pretty happy that it`s working the gimbal.
i think that the failure of the motor was one of the hall efect sensors. (i`ll try to fix that old motor just in case).
this video show how i`t works before de change

and this are the image of the motor where you can see the magnet a little damaged.

Reactions: Taylorstyl8z
how did you fix this problem i have the same one ? I've managed to push it together but with a slight pull it detaches ?

finally i could make the time to change the roll motor carefully. and this is the result.

tomorrow i`ll do a fligh test. but i`m pretty happy that it`s working the gimbal.
i think that the failure of the motor was one of the hall efect sensors. (i`ll try to fix that old motor just in case).
this video show how i`t works before de change

and this are the image of the motor where you can see the magnet a little damaged.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31