Could someone help me with my flight record? Please?

Reaction score
I have flown my P#S for a couple of years and never had any issues till my 'last flight'. I was about 2,000 feet out and about 150' altitude when I lost connection and RTH was initiated. About 1/2 way home I took control but had a terrible time flying because while the sticks seemed to make some difference, the drone seemed to continue on with little or no response. I finally lost it in a field and found it needing a new case. All seems 'OK' now but would someone be so kind as to look at the flight record and see what happened? I don't know how to read one! Thanks and any insight would really be appreciated.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-06-25_[20-26-26].txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,634
Reactions: flyboy73
Basically it looks like compass errors all over the place right after RTH initiated and this log looks really odd. Just saying.....

Rather than explaining how to upload the log. Here is your uploaded and decoded log. You can view it for yourself if you like.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
thanks so much for doing that...its the first time I have seen a flight record...pretty amazing.
However, while i see a ton of 'yaw errors' and a few speed errors, I am clueless as to a reason why
this happened. Can you see anything that would give me insight as to what i need to 'correct'?

I am clueless as to a reason why
this happened. Can you see anything that would give me insight as to what i need to 'correct'?
The yaw and speed errors are usually seen with a compass error. Giving you a "why" would be difficult to say. The aircraft switched to ATTI at one point then back to P-GPS. It appears that you only lost uplink from the RC, due to the fact there were no interruptions in the data, time wise, which is odd. Most of the time it is the other way around. I would have to go through the full .csv to give you a little more info, however, to really make a more definative explanation would require pulling the .dat file from the aircraft itself. Unfortunately I'm a bit short on time at the moment, but will look at the .csv and try to get a little more info for you. It will take a while though and may not be today.

Absolutely no rush...Im grateful for your input. I do remember taking it out of gps p mode hoping
that might change something, and then possibly returning to gps. nothing seemed to make it respond.
Thanks so much,
Mike

@Sparta Jr ......I only uploaded the .txt file that was provided. If you wish to upload your own device data, see the link below. Instructions are on the link. The aircraft .dat files are a completely different animal.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

Looking around the satellite map of the flown area... I notice several potential problems. Microwave central? The notifications of STRONG interference may be a giveaway. At least 2 FM stations, but the TV station with its 200' mast near the flight path
Microwave central.png
is a real eye opener. (2nd FM station is to the left on map not in view in this pic.)

I sincerely appreciate ANY suggestions and will take your word that the area could be a bit problematic. I must say tho that I have flown that area probably 100 times (literally) with no issues. My ‘last flight’ was a trail I have flown consistently for the past year. I am never closer than you can see during this ‘trip’. I’m NOT discounting your observation one bit!
thanks so much.
Mike

@Sparta Jr ......I only uploaded the .txt file that was provided. If you wish to upload your own device data, see the link below. Instructions are on the link. The aircraft .dat files are a completely different animal.

DJI Flight Log Viewer
Sparta.....am i just dense? I don’t see the link you are referring to, but if you will resend....I’d be glad to give it a shot!
Mike

I don’t see the link you are referring to, but if you will resend.
This is a link utilized all the time but there is no need for you to upload because it is already there. I gave you the upload link for future reference in Post#8.

This is a link utilized all the time but there is no need for you to upload because it is already there. I gave you the upload link for future reference in Post#8.
So sorry....I misunderstood i thought you wanted me too get some info from my drone for your investigation....the ‘.dat’ file maybe? If that’s the case, I cant try to learn to send you the dat file till my drone is returned from ‘the shop’...probably Thursday. As I said before...any other info you come up with would be sincerely appreciated. The dat file in a few days as well.
Mike

So sorry....I misunderstood i thought you wanted me too get some info from my drone for your investigation....the ‘.dat’ file maybe? If that’s the case, I cant try to learn to send you the dat file till my drone is returned from ‘the shop’...probably Thursday. As I said before...any other info you come up with would be sincerely appreciated. The dat file in a few days as well.
Mike

The DAT file from your mobile device will be good enough in this case - it contains the magnetometer data.

Mike
Fearing to look like a total dumb a#@..i just don’t understand what you are saying....as soon as my p3s is returned, i was going to try to obtain the dat file from my drone and provide it to you for some suggestions. I have no idea how to obtain the dat file and i thought you said you had included a link to help me obtain it. If you included it, i do not see it. If i am becoming a pain..please excuse. I’m trying to get some help but I’m stymied, I simply am concerned about flying my drone when i get it back from getting a new case without having some idea if the identical issue will occur again without some input. I have no idea if this is appropriate but ill be more than happy to provide you my phone number if you wouldn’t mind calling. Again...thanks for your patience

I have no idea how to obtain the dat file and i thought you said you had included a link to help me obtain it.
If this post was directed to me, it's not a problem. The link I provided you in Post#8 is for the .txt record from your device as a future reference should you need to utilize it. And no, I did not provide a link for the aircraft .dat file. I will place that below. But first, if you are having the bird repaired, it is quite possible that the old .dat files that were on the aircraft may be wiped clean in the repair process. If you returned this to DJI for repair, it is entirely possible that you will recieve a different refurbished aircraft. That is the way they work at times. Anyway, below in the link for getting the .dat files from the aircraft. Sorry if you misunderstood what I said.

How to retrieve a .DAT

If this post was directed to me, it's not a problem. The link I provided you in Post#8 is for the .txt record from your device as a future reference should you need to utilize it. And no, I did not provide a link for the aircraft .dat file. I will place that below. But first, if you are having the bird repaired, it is quite possible that the old .dat files that were on the aircraft may be wiped clean in the repair process. If you returned this to DJI for repair, it is entirely possible that you will recieve a different refurbished aircraft. That is the way they work at times. Anyway, below in the link for getting the .dat files from the aircraft. Sorry if you misunderstood what I said.

How to retrieve a .DAT
The drone is being repaired by a 3 party business in Dallas and is on its way now...should have tomorrow.. ill see if i can get the dat file and send to you ask soon as possible...
i know i have already said this, but i sincerely appreciate your time and patience...ill be back in touch...
Mike

But you can retrieve the DAT file from your iOS device,
A P3S doesn't create .dat device files, does it? I thought it was only P4's and above.

A P3S doesn't create .dat device files, does it? I thought it was only P4's and above.
All P3 models create DAT flight logs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4