Convert Phantom 2 FC & NAZA M Lite to NAZA M V2 v4.06/v4.02

I'm trying to put NAZA-H firmware on Phantom FC and Naza Lite FC.
Does anyone has a backup of NAZA-H firmware?

So if i upgrade my P2V would this be of any use, would I see different settings tabs in the software or is something totally different

The software from NAZA M V2 is not compatible with P2V hardware, because the LEDs stop to work, NAZA uses external LED, etc.

After some long sleepless nights finally got it.

It's ready the software to upgrade Phantom 2 FC and NAZA M Lite with firmware from NAZA M V2 lastest version 4.06.

I tested in a Hexacopter (with NAZA M Lite with NAZA M V2 v4.06 firmware) and Quadcopter (with Phantom 2 FC with NAZA M V2 v4.06 firmware).

Flash both flight controllers with NAZA M V2 firmware v4.06 and all went ok, the images show the bootloaders from each controller and the DJI Assistant for NAZA M V2.

The motors start ok, no problem with serial key, they fly good, can't find any problem so far.

Here is an image of the software and the ZIP with software inside.

After all this work I think I deserve a free cup of coffee
smile.gif
(if you like my job use PayPal donation inside software).

Hi there thanks for this,this is great !!!,also good for p2 owners who dont want to spend $250 au on dji smart battery and use any lipo even 4s,the naza lite led is sufficient given the simple fact it displays info you require and no more red lights in non gopro camera,also opens up options for ppm and traditional RX tx setup,this should have a post in the p2 non dji batteries listings if not already,can't believe anyone is negative about new options,your a true lifesaver for my p2,thank you

Reactions: thaixeon76
Hi there thanks for this,this is great !!!,also good for p2 owners who dont want to spend $250 au on dji smart battery and use any lipo even 4s,the naza lite led is sufficient given the simple fact it displays info you require and no more red lights in non gopro camera,also opens up options for ppm and traditional RX tx setup,this should have a post in the p2 non dji batteries listings if not already,can't believe anyone is negative about new options,your a true lifesaver for my p2,thank you

Thanks for your words. I'm currently working to see if we can use the firmware of NAZA-H on these flight controllers, the hardware seems the same, but know I don't have a spare flight controller to make all the tests, I have to try to buy a new one to continue.
So if you all like my work don't forget to donate something to help.
Thanks.

It's ready the software to upgrade Phantom 2 FC and NAZA M Lite with firmware from NAZA M V2 lastest version 4.06.

I tested in a Hexacopter (with NAZA M Lite with NAZA M V2 v4.06 firmware) and Quadcopter (with Phantom 2 FC with NAZA M V2 v4.06 firmware).

Flash both flight controllers with NAZA M V2 firmware v4.06 and all went ok, the images show the bootloaders from each controller and the DJI Assistant for NAZA M V2.

The motors start ok, no problem with serial key, they fly good, can't find any problem so far.

smile.gif

Congratulations for your work.!!!!!

Over the weekend, I'll try it on my Naza.

Greetings.

i have tried this on a naza m lite that was a v2 and it put it back to a naza m lite that needed firmware update.

i then tried it on a P2 and it just says its not there.

so for me its a no go

i have tried this on a naza m lite that was a v2 and it put it back to a naza m lite that needed firmware update.

i then tried it on a P2 and it just says its not there.

so for me its a no go

OK Great got the P2 to Naza V2 Thanks, still no naza m lite upgrade tho

OK Great got the P2 to Naza V2 Thanks, still no naza m lite upgrade tho

HERE WE GO AGAIN.......

If your doing a Naza M Lite to V2 4.6 make sure the naza is not already done to v2. i put mine back to M Lite 1.0 and then it worked.

Great stuff im well happy

So I'm trying to follow this thread, is this compatabile with the Phantom 2 (not vision or plus, ie, can't connect to the app?)

Also would it be possible to downgrade firmware with these tools?

My P2 I can't override warning areas because there's no app, so several miles from an airport or even a bunch of tall buildings (including some tall farm building structures) I can't even take off and fly low. I'm a private pilot, so I'm actually all for certain reasonable restrictions, but latest firmware has made it so I can't take off anywhere hardly that's not a wide open wilderness. Any suggestions?

Also, when it says serial connection, do you need a special serial cable to do this, or is that referring a serial cable within the system? Thanks!

Last edited:
HERE WE GO AGAIN.......

If your doing a Naza M Lite to V2 4.6 make sure the naza is not already done to v2. i put mine back to M Lite 1.0 and then it worked.

Great stuff im well happy

I'm going to give a few answers my own post below. After a couple hours of digging around I can say I have a much better handle on this.

Things I've learned/understand now:

Phantom II controller (brain) is basically a Naza V2 controller with some tweaks specifically for the Phantom II.

Once you change your Phantom II controller into a Naza V2 controller, you have to switch to Naza Software assistant (or so it seems) but I haven't gotten this to work. My P2 seems to have flashed correctly, but it's not connecting to the Naza Software Assistant. Tried flashing to both 4.04 and 4.06.

Original Post:
Can you give a bit more explanation as to how you got this to work with your P2? I have a P2 and I'm not sure what Naza version it has, but bottom line is my P2 is currently unusable in almost any populated area due to flight restrictions. I would love to just go back to FW 2.0 for my P2, but there doens't seem to be a way to do that. Up til this point I haven't really taken my P2 "off the rails" so I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to updating the flight controller, figuring out my Naza version (not even exactly sure if I have a Naza controller, as it says Phantom II on the orange flight controller.)

Any insight you can give me would be most appreciated!

Last edited:
I have read somewhere = before seeing this thread - that DJI had changed things in both the M Lite and the M v2 - that both now require the use of the DJI Phantom battery - which would seem to say that anybody building a DIY multu Rotor machine - would need to buy and use a $250 battery rathe than a $50 or so Lipo! Any truth in this??

I have read somewhere = before seeing this thread - that DJI had changed things in both the M Lite and the M v2 - that both now require the use of the DJI Phantom battery - which would seem to say that anybody building a DIY multu Rotor machine - would need to buy and use a $250 battery rathe than a $50 or so Lipo! Any truth in this??

There’s no mention of this on the DJI site.

Last edited:
There’s no mention of this on the DJI site.
I never thought to check !! I was out flying I had my P3P and a little 450 frame for "manual flight "playtime"and met a guy with a similar machine but with a GPS "puck" and the Naza M Lite - "upgraded" to m2. He said that since he first did this it was OK - but since DJI (understandably) working some barriers being first a serial requirement and then this battery condition. I was just pondering that the M2 on sale now- and some discounts given - was not a bargain for those without the Phantoms batteries - which cost me au$250 a time!

smile.gif

I tested out this software to upgrade an Phantom 2 FC to Naza M V2 and it worked great. One question thought, I did this upgrade on a FC that is still in a phantom 2, but now the LEDs don't seem to work. The blink briefly after powering up but then that is it. And they don't seem to indicate when I try to do the compass calibration. is that to be expected? is there some way to configure external lights on the Naza assistant that I'm missing?

So I'm trying to follow this thread, is this compatabile with the Phantom 2 (not vision or plus, ie, can't connect to the app?)

Also would it be possible to downgrade firmware with these tools?

My P2 I can't override warning areas because there's no app, so several miles from an airport or even a bunch of tall buildings (including some tall farm building structures) I can't even take off and fly low. I'm a private pilot, so I'm actually all for certain reasonable restrictions, but latest firmware has made it so I can't take off anywhere hardly that's not a wide open wilderness. Any suggestions?

Also, when it says serial connection, do you need a special serial cable to do this, or is that referring a serial cable within the system? Thanks!
I've tried this on p2 vision,the vision app and litchi app work perfectly,the only thing is you use a normal battery(non dji)you won't get battery telemetry(info) on app,all other telemetry is working and camera image as well,if you use dji p2 battery you will get telemetry

Reactions: thaixeon76
I tested out this software to upgrade an Phantom 2 FC to Naza M V2 and it worked great. One question thought, I did this upgrade on a FC that is still in a phantom 2, but now the LEDs don't seem to work. The blink briefly after powering up but then that is it. And they don't seem to indicate when I try to do the compass calibration. is that to be expected? is there some way to configure external lights on the Naza assistant that I'm missing?
I used naza v2 led on my p2,works fine,you can also make wiring from naza led port to pin 4 on ESC if you want use original leds

So if i upgrade my P2V would this be of any use, would I see different settings tabs in the software or is something totally different
I trying connect p2 with DJI NAZAM Assistant_2.40, So It can't, How to upload fw Naza M to P2 ?
Reed.

I trying connect p2 with DJI NAZAM Assistant_2.40, So It can't, How to upload fw Naza M to P2 ?
Reed.
If you are using windows you have disable driver signing,hold shift and click restart,then in boot menu click startup settings then after restart press 7 and next menu,then install dji driver again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.