Another newbie to the F1 game- Having trouble installing Naza-M 2.2v and DJI Win driver.

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am sure the train passed me a long time ago but here I am trying to catch up. If anyone is able to shed some light on what I am doing wrong I'll be grateful. I recently bought a Phantom-1 that i was able to fly with no issues. however I have bought a brush-less gimble and wanted to connect it to the P-1.I understand that you have to access the Naza assistance software to turn on the switch for the pitch controller. Thus is where my problem start. I have no naza software installed on my computer. I am running window XP. the only software I found on the DJI site is the Naza-M 2.20 installer and the Naza- M Lite installer1.1. also I found the driver for DJI Win-installer and the DJI Naza-M Lite installer driver. I attempted to install the Dji Win- driver 2.2v and the Naza-M 2.2v software, after installation and while the USB cable is connected to the micro USB connection on the bottom of my P-1, I attempted to try to test the software by running the motors, nothing happened, a small window kept telling me to plug the controller, I am assuming its the USB connector which is already plugged in. I attempted to search youtube, and various forums but no found nothing even close. I would appreciate anyones inputs. Thanks in advance.

Never done it myself but most tap in to the balance wire on the battery for power

Thanks for the reply, I am aware of this as i was planing yo use the balance wire to power the gimble, however you still have to run a separate wires from tha naza controler to the gimble to adjust camera pitch from the transmitter, I also bought the kit that hooks up to the back of the transmitter that allow you to control the pitch. but from most of the videos i have seen on you tube refers to the assistance to switch the gimble on and allow a value for the speed of the pitch. my problem is I am not able to find the rite software or use the software mentioned in my original message to connect to the P-1.

Hello everyone, I am sure the train passed me a long time ago but here I am trying to catch up. If anyone is able to shed some light on what I am doing wrong I'll be grateful. I recently bought a Phantom-1 that i was able to fly with no issues. however I have bought a brush-less gimble and wanted to connect it to the P-1.I understand that you have to access the Naza assistance software to turn on the switch for the pitch controller. Thus is where my problem start. I have no naza software installed on my computer. I am running window XP. the only software I found on the DJI site is the Naza-M 2.20 installer and the Naza- M Lite installer1.1. also I found the driver for DJI Win-installer and the DJI Naza-M Lite installer driver. I attempted to install the Dji Win- driver 2.2v and the Naza-M 2.2v software, after installation and while the USB cable is connected to the micro USB connection on the bottom of my P-1, I attempted to try to test the software by running the motors, nothing happened, a small window kept telling me to plug the controller, I am assuming its the USB connector which is already plugged in. I attempted to search youtube, and various forums but no found nothing even close. I would appreciate anyones inputs. Thanks in advance.
I suppose your problem is in the driver.
You should download Naza-m assistant and Windows driver from the official DJI site:

The uninstall the driver and Nazam you have already installed and reboot your PC.
You should not have issues with Windows XP. However, just in case, you should move your date and time back in 2014, make the installation and then go back to the current date and time: this procedure is mandatory if you want to install on Windows / or Windows 10, but on Windows XP you should not have problems even with the current date and time.
DO NOT TRY TO UPDATE THE ASSISTANT you download, even if you receive a warning to do it!!!!!!
Remember that, in order to use the assistant, you have to create a DJI account: it is free, but mandatory.
When you are successfull in the connection, you have to enable the Gimbal in the assistant. Then it is necessary to connect the F2 output signal to the gimbal: if you use the Phantom battery for both the quadcopter and the gimbal, only the signal wire is necessary, otherwise the signal wire and the ground. Never connect the power supply wire.

Good luck.

I suppose your problem is in the driver.
You should download Naza-m assistant and Windows driver from the official DJI site:

The uninstall the driver and Nazam you have already installed and reboot your PC.
You should not have issues with Windows XP. However, just in case, you should move your date and time back in 2014, make the installation and then go back to the current date and time: this procedure is mandatory if you want to install on Windows / or Windows 10, but on Windows XP you should not have problems even with the current date and time.
DO NOT TRY TO UPDATE THE ASSISTANT you download, even if you receive a warning to do it!!!!!!
Remember that, in order to use the assistant, you have to create a DJI account: it is free, but mandatory.
When you are successfull in the connection, you have to enable the Gimbal in the assistant. Then it is necessary to connect the F2 output signal to the gimbal: if you use the Phantom battery for both the quadcopter and the gimbal, only the signal wire is necessary, otherwise the signal wire and the ground. Never connect the power supply wire.

Good luck.
Thank you so much for getting back with me. I have created an account with DJI and downloaded the software already. However my problem was having the P-1 communicating with the assistance software. I tried several other things, but it turn out that I had a faulty intermittent USB cable that was causing all the problems. I used a new one, powered up and that did the trick. All working now, however I'hve learned some valuable info from your reply and will sure keep it in mind. And I thank you for taking the time and helping out. I would sure try to pay for that forward.

Reactions: Nocentis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.