Problem with GPS, NAZA upgrade

Reaction score
Hi, I have problem with Phantom (1). My first from second hand a pitiful state. Problem is GPS, that does not work. Dron should flicker during initial use case for green, but only flashes orange. When he joined the Naza assistant and shows me version of naza, and under the filed of GPS is not nothing. Questions I had: that somehow ruled out that the problem is GPS module, or Naza; when it to be tested, it is necessary to have connected to GPS compass, or should the module read without it?
A more questions to NAZA upgrade. So it is a phantom one, on stickers its version 1.2. NAZA its without marks NAZA M/LITE/V2. It is also the possibility flash to the V2? When I joined the ASSISTENTE, so it was in FW 2.X, and offered the update to 4.06. This is actually already FW what uses V2, or is it still V1 but with the new FW?

Could be the module is bad or the switch in the remote can go bad also. You will have to do a bit of troubleshooting first. It is tough to help you without pictures. Read these to get started:

GPS issues with Phantom

GPS not working

Here is a video when I switched to d-bus.
The transmitter has not connected/paired with receiver.

Have you owned the P1 for some time, or have you just got it? Has it been crashed at all? If it has it might be worth checking the GPS module itself to see if it has been damaged?

This is my first. Previous Owner of them had a crash, but said after the GPS had stop working. GPS module visible damage did not.

From your video it looks like the switches are working and are seen in flight assistant so unless anybody else gives advice I would think about taking the top shell off to check that the connecting wires from the GPS are plugged into the NAZAM and also peel-away the shielding on the top shell to inspect the ceramic GPS module itself. Sorry I can't be more help!

GPS wires is plugged into NAZA, wires are OK. Ceramic plate looks OK. GPS module its not present in NAZAm, if the ceramic plate its broken, or entire modul is false?

The only conclusion I can come to is that either there is a problem with GPS or not properly plugged in. If plugged in properly it always registers, even if you are connected to NAZA while doing it.

Unless someone else says different, I believe the P1 and P2 GPS modules are the same. You said earlier that you looked at the ceramic antenna underneath. If it is cracked then getting a 4mm thick replacement should do the job although this involves desoldering the original. From what I can gather this is the most common breakage on the GPS side. If it looks OK check that the cable linking the module to the NAZAM is in good condition. Hope this helps

Ceramic plate looks OK. I have a good offer for GPS modul(40euro),but from P2+, and I was not sure if its same. Oki, thanks for reply

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl