Come on in....its a free for all!

At the risk of being fricasseed, I get Nvr2fst's points & agree with him. You put to pen what our inner orphanages have been screaming about all long but the civil adult in us would dare not say. Bravo! Admittedly you've been a bit harsh on one or two here and there, but for the most part the schoolmaster in you keeps it civil yet sharp. Again, bravo!

This was a good forum for awhile, very friendly, very accommodating, plenty of veteran RC'ers & new P2V'ers sharing experiences & solutions, educated guesses & theories alike, and for awhile the threads were relatively tight and stayed together (like Uncle Fester's More Powerful Repeater thread), and most of what anyone needed to know could be found on Page-1 of the Vision Index.

It seemed like this could work. Unfortunately it didn't take more than a few months to deteriorate into redundant topics, questions, answers, and chaos. Add to that the dis-information posted by trolls, and their impersonation of contributing members for the sole purpose of harassing others to upset & confuse them and I'd say the place has lost some of its shine, bohemian free-for-all sex-appeal aside.

I'm a founding member & contributor in an automotive forum that's going on a dozen years now. My Sticky still stands and other founding members continue to maintain the thread to help newcomers. The key to its success was a handful of moderators who wrote the rules and never hesitated to unceremoniously remind the forgetful to show them the Search Engine or move their posts to the appropriate thread where life would continue. There are no trolls. It's a waste of time for them to even try. Avada Kadabra... poof! There are no trolls, period. And the beauty of it all is that it attracted a lot of contributors with knowledge & experience and gave them a safe place to share it forward & educate the less empowered & less fortunate.

So I take Nvr2fst's points to heart, I even appreciate his Fargo'esque humor. I seriously wouldn't classify him as a bully. Save that mark & your angst for the troll who continues to freely lurk among us impersonating DJI's representatives or members such as yours truly for weeks at a time before being squashed by our forum founder, only to reappear incarnate for another few weeks under a different identity or two or three.

If you want high-quality useful information and generous contributors who'll take their time to help those who could do with some help, cleaning-up the forum and sweeping out the trash is a good place to start. At the moment, this forum is in its infancy. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

iDrone (the Very) :|

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 305
Well, as it turns out, this is the first major thread that I read on this forum. :eek:

It sounds like there are definitely some frayed nerves here. I have seen this in a number of forums across the net over the years, however, I must admit I'm a bit surprised to see the "war torn veteran" cards being played by people with so short (less than a year) of membership to a forum.

At the same time, I am amused that I've watched some of your Youtube videos prior to finding the site. The UAV world is new to me, I must confess. I am, however, no stranger to RC aircraft (started when I was a teenager) or the real variety (Private Pilot, Instrument Rated).

While I've greatly enjoyed the first two flights with my P2V, I can understand why there are a myriad of confused people. Clearly, most are not coming to the table with with similar skill sets, as the Phantom can appeal to a multitude of people for different reasons. From my recent experience, DJI's website is definitely lacking now that the tutorials are absent.

The demographics of the board are kind of interesting as well. Currently there are 204 member pages, at 25 members per page. Bringing the grand total to approximately 5,100. When sorted by the total number of posts, by the time you get 175 members deep, the total number of posts averages at 50. Journey out to page 29 (725 members) and you're already down to 10 posts. At page 45 (1125 members) you're down to 5 total posts. And all the way out page 125 (3125) where I sit with 1 post. The person below me has zero posts and joined November 30th, 2013.

So nearly 40% of the board's members, have never once bothered anyone, asked for help, posted a question or uttered a single word, shared a single thing or consumed any resources. In fact, 96.7% of the members have posted 50 or less times here and only 14.2% have posted more than 10 times. :ugeek:

Clearly, based on this analysis, you've got less than 10% of the membership asking the majority of the questions! :lol:

At any rate, hello!

Nvr2fst said:
If the regular helpful Henrys would stop catering to these people and instructing them to post appropriately, before you know it, a new order would ultimately and automatically take over. No kidding I have seen it happen. It was on the internet somewhere.

True that, it starts getting a little tiresome seeing the same EXACT question asked a half dozen times in less than a month and answered already in depth.

Morning all! No flying in the UK again this morning, **** rain. We like to maintain the stereotype, though.

Right, refreshed after a good night's sleep can we all agree on the following:

1. The Forum has no published posting policies/rules/code of conduct;
2. The Forum, notwithstanding point 1, has no moderation team, only one person;
3. The Forum isn't a democracy/collective/commune, it's owned and run by one person;
4. The Forum changes that could be made can only be made by the forum owner/operator.
5. Until and unless the owner/operator decides to make any changes/tells us this is how they like it/other, then we either have to put up, shut up or ship out?

With all that in mind I've dropped a brief email to Adam asking him to come have a look in here (skirting around the cross-dressing and comedy insults (shame, I enjoyed some of that)). I would imagine that the nature of any response, or the absence of one, would then let us know where things might go from here, and therefore whether people who are getting a bit frustrated need to pick one the flavours of "up or out" in point five above?

MadnessFPV said:
Nvr2fst said:
Who is stopping you from going and doing what you want to do?
You dropped in my lair to antagonize me. So who's the flaming troll here?
I was done my deal.

I now have a 4 reply limit so make your next one good.

You're the definition of a troll. You come on here pretending to be a P2V pilot, when really you don't even own one. Then you assimilate into the community for the purpose of starting flame wars.

You guys are seeing this, right? He is now copying his own posts and placing them everywhere. You do see the troll, right.

MadnessFPV said:
Nvr2fst said:
Who is stopping you from going and doing what you want to do?
You dropped in my lair to antagonize me. So who's the flaming troll here?
I was done my deal.

I now have a 4 reply limit so make your next one good.

You're the definition of a troll. You come on here pretending to be a P2V pilot, when really you don't even own one. Then you assimilate into the community for the purpose of starting flame wars.

Your right, I don't own one, I own two. :lol:

When did this forum jump the shark? This reminds me of "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" but I can't figure out who's Nicholson and who's Nurse Ratched. It's pretty obvious that it's spiraling out of control.

Talk about a flyaway... Anybody know where the RTH switch is for this thing? We only seeing four satellites? WTF???

:(

-slinger

Slinger,
Just look at this guys posts. He came on here yesterday. Instead the usual latching on to you, he has latched on to me.

Well I feel I've contributed to some of the negativity in this post, and for that I apologize. The OP's post just came off wrong I guess, but that doesn't mean I don't understand what he's trying to say and get at either. Just didn't agree with the presentation of it. Maybe if I had more time here I'd know more about his style and pick up the fact that he can come across a little harsh and maybe looking back I should've thought about that more before chiming in. Bottom line is I am new to RC for the most part and was glad to find a place like this where I could learn and ask questions from those with experience. Help from anyone that can help , including Nvr2fst, is always appreciated.

BigPig said:
Well I feel I've contributed to some of the negativity in this post, and for that I apologize. The OP's post just came off wrong I guess, but that doesn't mean I don't understand what he's trying to say and get at either. Just didn't agree with the presentation of it. Maybe if I had more time here I'd know more about his style and pick up the fact that he can come across a little harsh and maybe looking back I should've thought about that more before chiming in. Bottom line is I am new to RC for the most part and was glad to find a place like this where I could learn and ask questions from those with experience. Help from anyone that can help , including Nvr2fst, is always appreciated.

Thank you sir.
And in the future I will tone it down a bit.

I could not bear to read thru all of that but i understand the frustration of not understanding how to deal with people from other demographics than you....it's hard to realize everyone does not like to hunt or sit for hours sipping on a latte under the sun.

I remember 15 years ago or so i made fun of someone who had many mistakes in the spelling and punctuation in his post, What the hell was i doing paying attention and allowing someone else's spelling bother me. I took it upon myself to tease him and tell him he should use spell check.

What an idiot i was......who cares about his spelling, who cares about what he wrote because i dont have to respond? but i was young and stupid, bored, not feeling the love so i made fun of someone for no reason, i bullied, and it was horrible and i really have a hard time when i see it today....and the reason was

The guy was not American, Did not speak very good english, was very young and was simply seeking out information that i could have easily given without the insults

What a friggin prick i was!

But while we are here i just saw this video of a guy who took his Phantom 1 parts and put them into a Phantom 2 Body with larger battery and it seems like its gonna work. wondering if anyone else has tried.

http://youtu.be/gTlR1dUpT9c

DONT FLAME ME BRO!!!! lol

Well maybe you could have read through it all and you would have seen that it really didn't have anything to do with demographics.
You may have also seen that, as the thread progressed their became somewhat of a better understanding of it all.
Kind of hard to reply to things you admittedly did not read.

As far as correcting peoples language skills, I have never been one to do that even though learning has become a national tragedy in recent years. At least here in the States.

All of this said with a smile. :) *I should make this my new sig*

MadnessFPV said:
Nvr2fst said:
Well maybe you could have read through it all and you would have seen that it really didn't have anything to do with demographics.
You may have also seen that, as the thread progressed their became somewhat of a better understanding of it all.

As far as correcting peoples language skills, I have never been one to do that even though learning has become a national tragedy in recent years. At least here in the States.

Trolls are not welcome here. Please leave.

Ok, this is getting old. Can somebody do something with this guy? I mean this isn't even close to being productive.

BigPig said:
MadnessFPV said:
Nvr2fst said:

Trolls are not welcome here. Please leave.

Ok, this is getting old. Can somebody do something with this guy? I mean this isn't even close to being productive.

I thought he was gone but he is making his rounds again. I believe he is also going under Mycargotransport.
He is also back to calling people moron.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing