Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against DJI Over Firmware Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would generally discourage any readers of this forum from taking the class action direction. It may make those who are mad at DJI feel a little better, but I think it will only distract DJI for attending to the problem.

Once one learns about the ‘fine print’, sort-of-speak, these sentiments often go away.

I simply asked if you had experience.
While working for a few companies i was subjected to singing confidential agreements about contractors responsible for firmware, hardware etc etc which where the reason they where been sued., these where also companies involved with innovative products with a super hot market and time table exactly like DJI.

Companies in such positions have to be careful and not end up in class action suites because eventually their share holders will take class action as well, we all heard of called GoPRo so just look what takes place if a company abuses their policies, uses deceptive ways to conceal issues and refuses to take responsibility as with my case where there is NOTHING in writing indicating any explanation for why the aircraft never RTH after loosing video connection yet they deliberately avoided discussions about the remote.

GoPro is in such hot water now, they have competition, they had class actions over Karma and their shareholders are suing them for all this stuff you need to read about it., companies who resort to lying are usually facing a slow death....eventually they lie to employees and never keep their promises.

CA cases can be between employees, customers, shareholders, contractors who provide parts and services etc etc., it can cause a domino effect., all DJI has to do is make be fair with their customer agreements, their care-fresh clearly states to cover damages drones but not lost drones, which are covered from malfunction or defect with the proof of purchase for up to one year., even if it flew away and its their fault.

RM LAW Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against GoPro, Inc.

GoPro facing securities class action suit over drone malfunctions

Its the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Federal Aviation Administrationwho fines manufactures of drones with non pilot related un explained fly-aways.

Last edited:
I would generally discourage any readers of this forum from taking the class action direction. It may make those who are mad at DJI feel a little better, but I think it will only distract DJI for attending to the problem.

Are you willing to cover all the damages and lost aircraft?
Based on a few people here i already see around 7k, we would be glad to send your our remotes and left overs from malfunctioned errors.

you should not even talk if you cant buddy! its like telling someone not to report a rape because it causes YOU more pain to see the responsible person behind bars., your obviously not the victim aka customer.

Last edited:
This seems more like a place for you to vent. I appreciate the discussion but feel I have nothing else to offer. I’ll be looking out for an announcement should you initiate action(s).

Cheers.

Once one learns about the ‘fine print’, sort-of-speak, these sentiments often go away.
read the reply i sent you about GoPro, its not a good time to mess with fire if your DJI and wrong...btw i love Zappa lol

it seems like for someone who is not participating in a class action, the info i am sharing here will help others who where victims decide if they can recover the losses of their investment due to poor firmware updates with their remotes.

Most class action lawyers do not get paid unless the case is successful.

How to Start a Class Action Lawsuit | ClassAction.org

so you know the steps for a CA, you only need more then one person injured by the same issue with the same product.

This seems more like a place for you to vent. I appreciate the discussion but feel I have nothing else to offer. I’ll be looking out for an announcement should you initiate action(s).

Cheers.

it seems like for someone who is not participating in a class action, the info i am sharing here will help others who where victims decide if they can recover the losses of their investment due to poor firmware updates with their remotes.

Lastly to address your accusation... in the first sentence, you never asked me. I suppose I would be more intrigued by your campaign if I didn’t know the truth about CA suits. From that you should be able to surmise I am a participant and on 3rd year of waiting. My eligible claim is about $500 and I expect to get about 8% of that once the lawyers and administration costs are subtracted. That works out to be about $5/hr I invested to file.
Im gonna be rich!

Zappa Rules!

Cheers.

Lastly to address your accusation... in the first sentence, you never asked me. I suppose I would be more intrigued by your campaign if I didn’t know the truth about CA suits. From that you should be able to surmise I am a participant and on 3rd year of waiting. My eligible claim is about $500 and I expect to get about 8% of that once the lawyers and administration costs are subtracted. That works out to be about $5/hr I invested to file.
Im gonna be rich!

Zappa Rules!

Cheers.
there are no legal fees in a class action...nice try though

The judgement may not be enough for the members to receive enough to make them ‘whole’.
Yes the defendants pay out but the Lawyers typically get paid first. Then the remainder is divided amongst the class members.

The judgement may not be enough for the members to receive enough to make them ‘whole’.
Yes the defendants pay out but the Lawyers typically get paid first. Then the remainder is divided amongst the class members.
sounds like you have not spoken to a lawyer about a class action,Typically, class action attorneys earn their income by charging on a contingency basis. A contingency fee means that you will not have to pay anything up front but your lawyer will take a percentage if you win your case. If you don't win, your lawyer won't receive any payment.

btw i honestly had no idea someone started a class action already before posting here after my own experience, DJI Drone Manufacturer Hit with Class Action Lawsuit Over Firmware Update | Data Privacy + Security Insider

Last edited:
Yea, they get paid first. You get the rest. Been very consistent in my posts but I’m tired of repeating myself.

yoru not repeating your
Yea, they get paid first. You get the rest. Been very consistent in my posts but I’m tired of repeating myself.
you did not repeat yourself but your trying to discourage the idea anyone should seek justice for un fairness with DJI right? why else are you debating anything with me.

the fact is that you said they get paid first, they dont, they have to win the case to get paid, not the same thing,

a class action case may contain less then 40 people yet the fines are in the millions, the victims only get what they lost, the lawyer gets a percentage, the company may find a good solution for everyone so the lawsuit gets dropped and the problem is gone.

fallow the GoPro case and see for yourself what happens.

sounds like you have not spoken to a lawyer about a class action,Typically, class action attorneys earn their income by charging on a contingency basis. A contingency fee means that you will not have to pay anything up front but your lawyer will take a percentage if you win your case. If you don't win, your lawyer won't receive any payment.
Your statements are all over the place. First you say there are 'no legal fee's' in a class action (come on, of course there are!) then you say there are contingency fees - which are of course legal fees. Getting paid only if you win is fairly common practice, and has been for a long time.

Reactions: N017RW
Of course you have to win. I’m not teaching a legal course here.
Just pointing out CA suits are laborious, time-consuming, and the payout is typically slim.... IF YOU WIN.

I’m done here.

Your statements are all over the place. First you say there are 'no legal fee's' in a class action (come on, of course there are!) then you say there are contingency fees - which are of course legal fees. Getting paid only if you win is fairly common practice, and has been for a long time.
so far no one here has been clear to wether or not they believe if that DJI should be under the same scrutiny as any other company, i never said there are legal fees for the victim the other person did, my posts where clear from the start, google up class action and read the info yourselves., the fines for such type of deceptive practices by any company refusing to admit their responsibility are in the millions, some paid hundreds of millions., why not DJI?

i dont care if its DJI or Apple, IF they did it they should pay back the people they caused suffering to for losing their money and time.

agreed?

And pay outs are not slim, if anything usually triple damages if deceptive practices where involved.

And pay outs are not slim, if anything usually triple damages if deceptive practices where involved.
You seem to have missed the point that lawyers don't work for free.
Their fees are big and they take the majority of any payout, leaving small change for the claimants.

Reactions: Pete Leare
it depends if there was deception involved, the damages just cover the main losses, this you may have to split but if a recall is the final outcome everyone will have to be satisfied, example Apple had to recall all macbook pro models between --- and people who have them bring them into a apple store to have the video card repaired., in this case DJI will have to provide a remedy to satisfy their victims if they are found guilty of deceptive practices.

All you have to do is sign up if you had the same damages as someone else., you dont pay anything at first, nothing to loose.

Owed money from a class action settlement? How to find out — and get your cash
You seem to have missed the point that lawyers don't work for free.

.[/QUOTE

in this case DJI will have to provide a remedy to satisfy their victims if they are found guilty of deceptive practices.
In what case? What deceptive practices?
You've obviously joined the forum because of some beef with DJI and revived an old thread but not explained how you believe that DJI is guilty of deceptive practices or what victims need a remedy.
I've reread your first post (#71) a few times and still can't work out what the problem is that you want to remedy.

Reactions: With The Birds
so far no one here has been clear to wether or not they believe if that DJI should be under the same scrutiny as any other company, i never said there are legal fees for the victim the other person did, my posts where clear from the start, google up class action and read the info yourselves., the fines for such type of deceptive practices by any company refusing to admit their responsibility are in the millions, some paid hundreds of millions., why not DJI?

i dont care if its DJI or Apple, IF they did it they should pay back the people they caused suffering to for losing their money and time.

agreed?

Why are you even considering class actions when you have other remedies available to you? If one of DJI’s AC crashes because of a hardware/software issue they replace or repair it. If there are issues with a FW release they correct it in an update. No high tech product manufacturer I can think of doesn’t have glitches in their code on occasion.

In what case? What deceptive practices?
You've obviously joined the forum because of some beef with DJI and revived an old thread but not explained how you believe that DJI is guilty of deceptive practices or what victims need a remedy.
I've reread your first post (#71) a few times and still can't work out what the problem is that you want to remedy.
you are been dishonest, i joined the forums because i purchased several DJI drones, i only share my two cents with this thread because i had no idea there where class actions against DJI to begin with, and you guys are acting like the Apple discussion forums, BTW Apple got fined during one CA case as they where caught asking employees to cyber troll users in the discussion forums to divert a recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT