Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against DJI Over Firmware Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they have issues sometimes with firmware updates and mine included. But they have fixed mine free of charge both times and this last time mine was out of warranty and they still fixed it free of charge so I have no complaints with Dji at all[emoji106][emoji16]
Yah they fixed mine too. Take a look at the shotty workmanship. They say they replaced parts and did not they did not even hook up cables correctly and frayed another set of cables now I need a whole new centerboard, this was the DJI LA Service Center. See pictures from San Francisco center and their findings. DJI Sucks and will be sued, again.

Attachments

• IMAG0004[1].jpg
    IMAG0004[1].jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 461
  • IMAG0006[1].jpg
    IMAG0006[1].jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 429
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 10.53.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 10.53.03 AM.png
    46 KB · Views: 407
Class action suit? Hmmm... don't spend your three bucks all in one place. The legal profession says thanks.[emoji389]

Reactions: BigAl07
So how so how does one get on board this class action? I suffered the same problem in Canada. (P2V+ v3)

Well I can't speak specifically on this possible case but be prepared for 2-3 years. It's an 'application' (are you a class member) and then vetting/approval to move on with more selective applications. (Layman speak)

But first... there has to be a judgement!

It's really unrealistic to even consider you'll receive a dime. Certainly not a new P6, 7, or 8 (by the time you'd be awarded a settlement).

It's really unrealistic to even consider you'll receive a dime. Certainly not a new P6, 7, or 8 (by the time you'd be awarded a settlement).

How true. A woman I used to work with lost her husband to mesothelioma. She was a part of a class action suit. Once the lawyers took their cut they then charged for incidentals (paper clips, paper, pencils, lunches, expert witnesses, and every other expense they could think of). In the end she got very little.

Anybody know how we can start a class action without having to rely on big firms? I have never experience such bad customer service and product. I'm ready to do anything to start a class action. My unit's camera started going nuts after a firmware update and I see tons of people having the same issue and they're so indifferent about it.

Anybody know how we can start a class action without having to rely on big firms? I have never experience such bad customer service and product. I'm ready to do anything to start a class action. My unit's camera started going nuts after a firmware update and I see tons of people having the same issue and they're so indifferent about it.
I’m not indifferent to it, on the contrary, I’m very frustrated about it. I’ve got a brand new condition $1300 drone sitting in my closet that is useless. I just know that class action lawsuits are designed to make lawyers rich. I’ve recieved my share of $2 - $5 checks over the years. Not worth the hassle.

I believe you agreed to dispute resolution thru Arbitration by acceptance of the usage Terms & Conditions.

I’m not indifferent to it, on the contrary, I’m very frustrated about it. I’ve got a brand new condition $1300 drone sitting in my closet that is useless. I just know that class action lawsuits are designed to make lawyers rich. I’ve recieved my share of $2 - $5 checks over the years. Not worth the hassle.
That's why when I see class action suits, I really don't care about it. This kind of arbitration is to make lawyers rich and every customer don't get nothing. It's useless from a compensation point of view.

Reactions: N017RW
this is not a phantom only issue but a DJI spark and possibly Mavic Pro issue as well.

The firmware for the remotes are responsible for the issues NOT the pilots, in most cases DJI has and will ignore what alerts you heard from your remote because they would then have to admit the alerts where not power failure or RTH alerts but rather autopilot alerts with batteries that are still more then 50% capacity.

A Class action is the best thing to get the issue resolves when a manufacture is playing it by ear to see who figured it out so they can convince the public they are isolated cases!

Good Luck, and don't hold your breath.
better then nothing, this company can afford to cover employee cost, production and losses., with that said why should they profit of fails when they are covered, merely for profit? why would you not want the this to be dealt with...if no one does anything thousands of other victims will for short of been ripped off, so this is a cause.

If you have an issue with DJI you should stop buying their products. There is no value in suing the company to give them less resources to solve their problem.

Last edited:
If you have an issue with DJI you stop buying their products. There is no value in suing the company to give them less resources to solve their problem.
No healthy minded human being would ever suggest NOT to sue a manufacture for damages caused by their engineering team due to poor programing in the firmware, software or actual product., especially something worth the price range between 1k-4k.

And since when did filing a class action suite cost anyone to get enough signatures?

I am sure you agreed when GoPRo had to recall Karma, maybe DJI does not but have to do recalls and can isolate the issue with their remotes, either way they are responsible for the damages!

I personally don't care for suing anyone. Look what over zealous lawyers have done to the cost of health/medical care with frivolous suits. Companies respond to sales long before they respond to legal action.

No healthy minded human being would ever suggest NOT to sue a manufacture for damages caused by their engineering team due to poor programing in the firmware, software or actual product., especially something worth the price range between 1k-4k.

And since when did filing a class action suite cost anyone to get enough signatures?

I am sure you agreed when GoPRo had to recall Karma, maybe DJI does not but have to do recalls and can isolate the issue with their remotes, either way they are responsible for the damages!

What’s your experience or participation in past CA suits in the USA?

So why discourage anyone from suing for their rights now?

i used to work for apple, we got asked to say things like you...hope its not the case.

What’s your experience or participation in past CA suits in the USA?

I've received many letters to join in class action suits. I reject the entire concept. It just makes products/services I like more expensive. It also, as said by another above, puts too large a share of the settlement into lawyer's pockets. Finally, it diverts money from product engineering/research pockets which prevents a more rapid solution to the problem.

So why discourage anyone from suing for their rights now?

i used to work for apple, we got asked to say things like you...hope its not the case.

I simply asked if you had experience.

I would generally discourage any readers of this forum from taking the class action direction. It may make those who are mad at DJI feel a little better, but I think it will only distract DJI for attending to the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl