Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against DJI Over Firmware Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you even considering class actions when you have other remedies available to you? If one of DJI’s AC crashes because of a hardware/software issue they replace or repair it. If there are issues with a FW release they correct it in an update. No high tech product manufacturer I can think of doesn’t have glitches in their code on occasion.
They refuse to take responsibility for errors on their part, when they cant find an error to blame on the pilots they simply pretend not to know what happen when they are obliged to then replace the product or return the money.

all companies doing this end up in class action cases, its normal, they can cover the damages but are risking the chance.

I am not the one who created a class action thread and i dont see the logic in anyone debating this if there is an issue, you dont loose any money to sign a paper sharing your experience if DJI or any company screwed you the way i mentioned above.

Last edited:
They refuse to admit and take responsibility for anything for their own part, they only offer something if they can find an error with the pilot., they deny finding anything wrong on their part, example bad software programing causing a fly away is not a pilot error, bad motors or parts is not a pilot error, this is the issue..and they did this to hundreds if not thousands of people.
Rather than come here and just making sweeping accusations about how evil DJI is, perhaps you can go back to the beginning and explain why you think that.
How about some details about your problem with DJI?

Rather than come here and just making sweeping accusations about how evil DJI is, perhaps you can go back to the beginning and explain why you think that.
How about some details about your problem with DJI?
your a troll for dji, why are you posting this in a class action thread, why not mind your own business if you have no problems with dji, this is a thread about class action, get it? if your going to have a forum with honest subjects whats the point of arguing with another persons opinion when in fact its the law.

Who started this thread? look

you guys are acting like the Apple discussion forums, BTW Apple got fined during one CA case as they where caught asking employees to cyber troll users in the discussion forums to divert a recall.
your a troll for dji, why are you posting this in a class action thread, why not mind your own business if you have no problems with dji, this is a thread about class action, get it?
You can start by leaving that crap outside.
It's not going to get anyone onside with you.
This forum is independent of DJI and no-one here has any reason to do what you suggest.
So, how about telling us what DJI has done that's upset you so much?

Stop trying to make it appear as if im here to rant, this is not my thread and it is starting to look more like an attempt to discourage people who lost thousands of dollars from taking action against a company, all i read is people trying to convince me that going up in a CA is not worth it when all you do is sign a paper proving your rights as a consumer where violated, if you where not then stay out of it., so why are you even arguing with someone who is the victim here?

i lost money, i am not going to let anyone tell me its too expensive to file a CA, then later say its legal fees, then ok after you win, not fair, be honest, lets here what other people have to say besides loyal DJI fans., you want to kick people off the forums because they have something that reveals a negative aspect of this business go ahead but its your reputation too.

You can start by leaving that crap outside.
It's not going to get anyone onside with you.
This forum is independent of DJI and no-one here has any reason to do what you suggest.
So, how about telling us what DJI has done that's upset you so much?

Stop trying to make it appear as if im here to rant
You've done a pretty good job of that without any help.
all you do is sign a paper proving your rights as a consumer where violated, if you where not then stay out of it., so why are you even arguing with someone who is the victim here?

i lost money,
How have your rights been violated?
How did you lose money?
you want to kick people off the forums because they have something that reveals a negative aspect of this business go ahead but its your reputation too.
Kick people off forums? Where did that come from?
What is the great mystery that reveals such a negative aspect of the business?
What is it that you are complaining about?

They refuse to take responsibility for errors on their part, when they cant find an error to blame on the pilots they simply pretend not to know what happen when they are obliged to then replace the product or return the money.

all companies doing this end up in class action cases, its normal, they can cover the damages but are risking the chance.

I am not the one who created a class action thread and i dont see the logic in anyone debating this if there is an issue, you dont loose any money to sign a paper sharing your experience if DJI or any company screwed you the way i mentioned above.
Please provide some further explanation, preferably an example, to enlighten us as to what DJI might deny or blame for.

In my experience and from what I have observed with respect to others DJI is very generous with honouring warranty claims. The notable exceptions seemingly are where the cause of the event can’t be evidenced, typically where the AC is lost and the AC was flown with a third party app so there is no GO app flight record or AC .dat file available.

Please provide some further explanation, preferably an example, to enlighten us as to what DJI might deny or blame for.

In my experience and from what I have observed with respect to others DJI is very generous with honouring warranty claims. The notable exceptions seemingly are where the cause of the event can’t be evidenced, typically where the AC is lost and the AC was flown with a third party app so there is no GO app flight record or AC .dat file available.

First off with regards to fly-aways, all drone manufactures are required to explain their technical reasons for this, if they can not explain why the RTH malfunctioned its a serious concern for public safety., not to mention refuse to replace the aircraft even if it was purchased within 5 days.

Anyone who disagrees is only ranting because if its not dealt with drone sales will be banned, its already starting in the EU with France and Germany.

Second, DJI is known to not honouring their warranty when it comes to fly-aways, the main reason for this is because it is like admitting their drones pose a threat to public safety on paper, so in the end the customer loses at least $700 (been a DJI spark is the cheapest with a remote malfunction)

No one is blaming anyone, its simply their responsibility, an obligation, they signed into dozens of agreements between their manufactures, parts providers, state and federal authorities etc

as for your comment about people using 3rd party stuff i am not referring to such cases, i am talking cases with pilots using the aircraft and remote accordingly out of the box, the RTH function is not stable and thousands of users who lost their aircraft beyond recovery because of this have lost money time and trouble only to find out that DJI will claim they can not see any fault on their part when the RTH malfunctions and its their responsibility.

No one can disagree with all this and to be honest i had shared the link to this thread with people on facebook who found it a joke to hear anyone blunty stand up for these practices by any company.
I hope they cure their issues fast because the DJI spark and Mavic pros left a trail of owners abandoned.

Here is one person posting the same thing since 2016 News in Brief June 29 - Pepsi, IKEA and More

Last edited:
You've done a pretty good job of that without any help.

How have your rights been violated?
How did you lose money?

Kick people off forums? Where did that come from?
What is the great mystery that reveals such a negative aspect of the business?
What is it that you are complaining about?
RANT, read again before RANTING..save your breath

First off with regards to fly-aways, all drone manufactures are required to explain their technical reasons for this, if they can not explain why the RTH malfunctioned its a serious concern for public safety., not to mention refuse to replace the aircraft even if it was purchased within 5 days.
Really? This is something that no-one has ever heard of.
Perhaps you can point out a source for this information.
Second, DJI is known to not honouring their warranty when it comes to fly-aways, the main reason for this is because it is like admitting their drones pose a threat to public safety on paper, so in the end the customer loses at least $700 (been a DJI spark is the cheapest with a remote malfunction)
On the contrary, we've seen plenty of members have lost or malfunctioning drones replaced.
Your ideas on this don't match with what actually occurs.
No one can disagree with all this and to be honest i had shared the link to this thread with people on facebook who found it a joke to hear anyone blunty stand up for these practices by any company.
I hope they cure their issues fast because the DJI spark and Mavic pros left a trail of owners abandoned

When you speak nonsense, lots of people can disagree.That someone, somewhere on facebook agrees with your twisted premise doesn't mean any thing.
You can find people on Facebook that will agree with anything.
i am talking cases with pilots using the aircraft and remote accordingly out of the box, the RTH function is not stable and thousands of users who lost their aircraft beyond recovery because of this have lost money time and trouble only to find out that DJI will claim they can not see any fault on their part when the RTH malfunctions and its their responsibility
Now you are touching on something that I have a lot of experience with.
RTH is a very reliable system but it's very common for users, not properly understanding how a Phantom works and how to fly it safely, to claim that RTH didn't work.
The usual causes are such things as flying behind a building or mountain and having the drone attempt to RTH through the obstacle ... or flying high and downwind in a wind that is too strong for the drone to make headway in RTh.
We see examples of these every week and the recorded flight data clearly shows the cause of the incident.
That someone claims RTH didn't work is more often due to a problem with the operator than the Phantom.

Here is one person posting the same thing since 2016 News in Brief June 29 - Pepsi, IKEA and More
https://www.classaction.org/blog/news-in-brief-june-29-pepsi-ikea-and-more
really? And that shows what?
Here's the "relevant" part:
I'll translate that for you:
A drone owner who didn't understand how to operate his new drone is blaming the manufacturer for his mistakes that lead to the loss of his drone.​
I don't see anything there to prove that the loss was due to any manufacturing issue.
And I don't see any flight data to prove anything one way or the other.
But simply claiming RTH didn't work proves nothing and seeing things like that every week but with the flight data, I'd say that in all probability, the cause was operator related.

Now ... how about some specifics about your complaint?
What happened to your drone?
Do you have any flight data to back up your claim?

Really? This is something that no-one has ever heard of.
NO ONE!! and ill make sure no one does!

Your ideas on this don't match what i want people to think of DJI

When you dont speak nonsense i will

lots of people can disagree and many on facebook, youtube, viamo in fact all over the internet may agree but not here, we dont agree, i love DJI long time.

Now you are touching on something that I have a lot of experience with. the name DJI

RTH is a very reliable system but when it does not work its pilot fault, NEVER DJI, not firmware, not remote, even if alert on remote says no sync, flyaway, its pilot fault, yes, you used the remote.

but it's very common for users, not properly understanding how a Phantom (and mavic, spark) works and how to fly it safely, Its pilot fault RTH did not work when video signal cut 150m, not DJI firmware or remote, i repeat pilot fault!, i know its not logical to say but if you love DJI as much as i do...pilot fault, keep money and go DJI ! even if the same problem exists with other drones because of remote.....go DJI

Do you have any flight data to back up your claim? i know you shared links but want to pretend you said nothing to expose DJI yet, i love DJI long time.

I understand you where trolling but i had no idea you sort of worked for DJI to get free props and promos?

calm down, take a deep breath, read the prior posts i shared with the links and maybe DJI can also compensate you for your losses, if you had none i dont know why your on this thread, there are many threads you can praise DJI for doing good, i was there before it happened to me too....really. calm down...

So, to get back to the subject here, are the remote and firmware issues which caused a malfunction with the RTH a wide issue or isolated to the DJI Spark and Mavic?

I have yet to see this with a P4P, i heard of this with earlier phatoms but so far my P4P is doing just fine.

I understand you where trolling but i had no idea you sort of worked for DJI to get free props and promos?
The part you got right was saying that you have no idea.
I let you off the first time with those insinuations but his time there's no excuse for your ignorant trolling.
Suggesting I'm paid by DJI because you disagree is very wrong and a stupid and pointless tactic.
read the prior posts i shared with the links ..
The only links I can find are irrelevant.
How about some actual flight data to show what you are complaining about?
are the remote and firmware issues which caused a malfunction with the RTH a wide issue or isolated to the DJI Spark and Mavic?
I'm not familiar with what you are talking about.
You'll have to show some specific cases with flight data rather than a vague claim that there's something wrong if you want an answer..

The part you got right was saying that you have no idea because i ignored all the facts since i love DJI long time.
I let you off the first time with those insinuations but his time there's no excuse for my ignorant trolling.

Suggesting I'm paid by DJI because you disagree is very wrong and a stupid and pointless tactic because i am working for free, im a fanboy

The only links I can find are irrelevant facts that do not agree with my fanatical blind support for DJI, ill pay you all the money you lost if i had it to prevent exposing DJI.

How about some actual flight data to show what you are complaining about? data i saw in the links did not satisfy me, i need to say the data is fine so no one finds out the remote disrupted the flight data.

I'm not familiar with what you are talking about.
You'll have to show some specific cases with flight data rather than a vague claim that there's something wrong if you want an answer..
The links contained flight data, DJI confirmed NOTHING was wrong with the aircrafts, flight data disrupted and they do not know why the RTH function failed.

But they said this because the RTH function failing is a huge concern for the public and safety authorities...the only conclusion is what alert the remote sounded off.

So if it was not a RTH alert, why a autopilot alert?

this is a malfunction and concern for both consumers and public safety authorities as it means the product can fly away if remotes randomly de sync themselves and go into auto pilot mode while drifting.

Bit im sure you will ignore this as you did all the threads about it and insult anyone who shares it because your trolling a class action thread to contest it even if you sound like the biggest hypocrite and sell out on the site.

You have failed to prove me and the public safety authorities your right so far, and the people who lost their drone due to this firmware glitch with the remotes should be compensated.

I dont know if you work for DJI or just a blind fanatic, either way the (authorities who investigate consumer fraud) can find out if deceptive practices, corruption, bribery and favoritism where used to harass and target their victims, i worked for Apple and in one case they revealed that Apple used their paid staff to troll away anyone posting in the discussion forums noticing issues with their production line to prevent recalls., also not all complaints are accepted as every one has to have the same issue, so far only 42 signed.,

So stop trolling and stay on the subject please, its not even my thread.

Class action suits are a part of our American society. Our society feels that nothing is there fault and it must be the fault of the successful business. As Dire Straits once wrote everyone wants their “ money for nothing and their chicks for free”. Perhaps DJI is at fault but for my money and I have had several different company’s drones including Yuneec, DJI is a great product and if we will stop being impatient and expect everything now all will go well with you. I have been satisfied by DJIs customer service and stand as a loyal customer.

The links contained flight data, DJI confirmed NOTHING was wrong with the aircrafts, flight data disrupted and they do not know why the RTH function failed.
But they said this because the RTH function failing is a huge concern for the public and safety authorities...the only conclusion is what alert the remote sounded off.
So if it was not a RTH alert, why a autopilot alert?
this is a malfunction and concern for both consumers and public safety authorities as it means the product can fly away if remotes randomly de sync themselves and go into auto pilot mode while drifting.
Sorry, If there was any flight data, I didn't spot it. Please point me to the right place to see it.
I know quite a bit about flying DJI drones and I've investigated many cases of drones that did not return after lost signal.
But i'm not sure what you are saying about the sound the remote makes.
I can't really see how that would make any difference.
Point me to flight data and it might make sense.
you sound like the biggest hypocrite and sell out on the site.
You have failed to prove me and the public safety authorities your right so far, and the people who lost their drone due to this firmware glitch with the remotes should be compensated.
What??
All I've done is to ask you to explain what you are ranting about so I might be able to address it properly.
I don't know what the problem is that has you so hot to sue DJI.
I'd like to see some specifics because your words haven't made it clear.
I dont know if you work for DJI
Obviously telling you twice hasn't got that message through to you.
No-one here works for DJI or has any connection to DJI.
the (authorities who investigate consumer fraud) can find out if deceptive practices, corruption, bribery and favoritism where used to harass and target their victims, i worked for Apple and in one case they revealed that Apple used their paid staff to troll away anyone posting in the discussion forums noticing issues with their production line to prevent recalls., also not all complaints are accepted as every one has to have the same issue, so far only 42 signed., .
I don't care if you worked for Apple or if Apple used underhand tactics.
We're not trying to discuss Apple so that's not relevant.
There are no paid DJI staff here - have you got that yet?
Please explain what deceptive practices, corruption, bribery and favoritism you believe might be used.

You're unhappy about something to do with DJI.
You think they engage in deceptive practices, corruption, bribery and favoritism.
Just point to something specific.

Anyone who disagrees is only ranting because if its not dealt with drone sales will be banned, its already starting in the EU with France and Germany.

No one is blaming anyone, its simply their responsibility, an obligation, they signed into dozens of agreements between their manufactures, parts providers, state and federal authorities etc

as for your comment about people using 3rd party stuff i am not referring to such cases, i am talking cases with pilots using the aircraft and remote accordingly out of the box, the RTH function is not stable and thousands of users who lost their aircraft beyond recovery because of this have lost money time and trouble only to find out that DJI will claim they can not see any fault on their part when the RTH malfunctions and its their responsibility.

I hope they cure their issues fast because the DJI spark and Mavic pros left a trail of owners abandoned.

For reasons unknown you stil haven’t provided any detail of an incident or incidents that might assist in anyone here in understanding what your concerns with DJI are.

Perhaps you might share a link to Facebook or another source so we might get some clues?

From what I can work out a DJI AC lost connection in flight and didn’t return. If it lost connection there would be no flight data recorded after the time of the disconnect so no flight log for DJI (or anyone for that matter) to allow for determination of what happened. Expectation of a full refund in those circumstances is unreasonable. Imagine if you were DJI and you provided a refund to every person who claimed their AC was lost with no evidence of the incident or what caused the loss.

Reactions: BigAl07
when a manufacture of a drone does not know why the RTH function did not work and refuses to discuss what the alert from their remotes meant when their aircraft flew away its not only their obligation to replace the drone or refund the customer but they should be confronted by the public safety authorities.

You guys are hypocrites, i never liked the idea of the GoPro Karma but im sure you agree that any drones falling from the skies are hazardous whether its a GoPro Karma, a Mavic Air, a Spark or even a car manufacture where part causes a crash, you really believe that a car manufacture should get off he hook by telling customers they have no idea why their cars drove off the road by themselves , seriously?

Class action suits are a part of our American society. Our society feels that nothing is there fault and it must be the fault of the successful business.
Sounds like your from China, in america we have courts, equal rights, justice, agreements signed between manufactures that have to be met, its actually illegal to make people work for 1 dollar a day like China....try selling this story elsewhere. maybe North Korea will fall for the idea america is liek this.

As Dire Straits once wrote everyone wants their “ money for nothing and their chicks for free”.
Dude you need to tell us if you smoke now, funny one., Van Hallen song?

I stand as a loyal customer. really? hahahahahahaha, bet you have no idea they are laughing at you about this sorry pathetic little poem you wrote, dont take offense from me, i used to work at apple and the help desk staff used to save recordings of sorry fools who wrote the exact same things about them and they had no idea that it was the help desk who earned bonuses whenever they dodged a case and your now helkping DJI do it too? hahahahahahahhahahahaa!, sorry its too funny!

Last edited:
For reasons unknown i will ignore all the links you provided and pretend they dont exist.

Lets continue your DJI pro blind folded fan support.

You said:
Perhaps you might share a link to Facebook or another source so we might get some clues?
Maybe you shoudl read the actual posts and search the threads here and on DJI forums..but you wont lol

From what I can work out a DJI AC lost connection in flight and didn’t return. If it lost connection there would be no flight data recorded after the time of the disconnect so no flight log for DJI (or anyone for that matter) to allow for determination of what happened. hugh? full of crap, there are dozens of perfect flight data records which are stored on the phone when the remotes loos connection and the RTH fails, the reason it fails is due to wifi issues that interfere with the remote's radio, watch out mavic air owners!

As your finally starting to get closer to why a recall is necessary on remotes with wifi you now have finally admitted that DJI is lying abou tthis issue, you are correct that the flight data is disrupted when the remote malfunctions and abandons the flight, for example this flight of a dji spark Spark video signal lost during sport mode, never RTH! shows that everything was perfect, 64% battery life, yet the wifi cut off sync with the aircraft leaving it in autopilot mode, DJI ignored the questions to what the alert beeps f the remote indicated and instead insisted they did not know why RTH did not work.

If you do not know you need to replace or refund the product because you manufactured it!
Of course i love their products---WHEN THEY WORK!, but then they do not i expect them to be responsible for the money i spent., NO ONE will convince me to be a fool, i worked for Apple int he past and i cant tell you how many people where un aware of their rights.

Expectation of a full refund in those circumstances is unreasonable. Imagine if you were DJI and you provided a refund to every person who claimed their AC was lost with no evidence of the incident or what caused the loss. if it was lost because of a DJI component yes.m its caleld malfunction., example lost to over heating, burned.same thing.

Sorry but if you built a car that crashes because of a faulty motor, wheel, gears, you are responsible as a manufacture, a drone flying away or crashing because of a remote glitch is the responsibility of the manufacture, same with GoPro and ther karma., also a public safety concern.

when a manufacture of a drone does not know why the RTH function did not work and refuses to discuss what the alert from their remotes meant when their aircraft flew away its not only their obligation to replace the drone or refund the customer but they should be confronted by the public safety authorities.

You guys are hypocrites, i never liked the idea of the GoPro Karma but im sure you agree that any drones falling from the skies are hazardous whether its a GoPro Karma, a Mavic Air, a Spark or even a car manufacture, you rally believe that a car manufacture should get off he hook by telling customers they have no idea why their cars drove off the road by themselves or when child locks fail? seriously? its the same exact thing ok, every manufacture is responsible for malfunctions, this is exactly what it is when the RTH function not only does not work but the aircraft goes into auto pilot with 60% battery.
Perhaps you might tell us what the alert from the remote was? To the extent there was an alert there should be some depiction of the subject event in the GO app flight log.

Post the log file or a link to it on phantomhelp log viewer or airdata. People here will likely help you understand what happened. It might even enable you to successfully settle your sldispute with DJI if an AC hardware/firmware issue is evidenced.

Your argument is silly. How might a car manufacturer explain why a child lock failed or a vehicle left the road if they didn’t have the vehicle for analysis to be performed?

Many (me included) have experienced extreme frustration with DJI customer service and support. There is plenty of evidence of them honouring warranty when failures occur and little to suggest otherwise. Understanding what occurred in your instance would be a good start.

Is there a reason why your preference is to make accusations about our motivations here rather than say what happened?

I’m not getting it.

Perhaps you might tell us what the alert from the remote was? To the extent there was an alert there should be some depiction of the subject event in the GO app flight log.

Post the log file or a link to it on phantomhelp log viewer or airdata. People here will likely help you understand what happened. It might even enable you to successfully settle your sldispute with DJI if an AC hardware/firmware issue is evidenced.

Your argument is silly. How might a car manufacturer explain why a child lock failed or a vehicle left the road if they didn’t have the vehicle for analysis to be performed?

Many (me included) have experienced extreme frustration with DJI customer service and support. There is plenty of evidence of them honouring warranty when failures occur and little to suggest otherwise. Understanding what occurred in your instance would be a good start.

Is there a reason why your preference is to make accusations about our motivations here rather than say what happened?

I’m not getting it.
you realise that the links i shared already have flight logs, DJI already confirmed that the drones had no issues at all, the pilots did nothing to cause a problem and while doing so they refused to discuss what the remote alerts of single long beeps indicated on for example the wifi dji spark remote.

again, WATCH OUT MAVIC AIR OWNERS AS THE REMOTES ARE the same and will cause the same issue, you wont see this with a mavic pro, acusync is safe, robust and autopilot only kicks in with mavics due to battery life to land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31