Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against DJI Over Firmware Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
very interesting. I know how this story ends. frustration abounds. It is best to cut this off at the pass

Reactions: BigAl07
It just makes me wonder tho.... I mean... This is a massive and popular site used through out the world... You would have thought their would be at least 5 DJI staff permanently on this site to study about the problems happening. I know I would if I owned DJI
DJI don't even have proper moderation on their own forum.
Their people are very rarely seen here.

Reactions: DC_Dr0ne
This could wake DJI up though and start paying more attention to their customers. Perhaps taking care of those stress crack complaints.

DJI don't even have proper moderation on their own forum.
Their people are very rarely seen here.
I disagree there. You often see them chime in, especially the Support forum.
If they have DJI prefix in their handle, that's a DJI rep.

Only lawyers win, participants in the lawsuit will check a check for $25 two years from now.

Reactions: Droneted
Not literally though but if the conversation takes a bad turn it could result in some disciplinary action by Staff.

When each of us joined PhantomPilots we agreed to the forum's Community Guidelines. Specifically this one comes to play here:

Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

BigA- I 100% Disagree with your sentiment here. We absolutely need to discuss these things. Not get nasty and rant- but certainly be able to discuss and see any relevant information related to problems we are all affected by.
Ok, sales from private parties, maybe not. But issues with manufacturers including DJI must be able to be talked about.
And if we have to worry about being censured or disciplined by the mods for this, Shame On Them.
The firmware issues are a major problem. I'm having them today after updating to v1.10. It may turn out to be a huge hassle for me.
And I want to hear ALL about what's happening.

BigA- I 100% Disagree with your sentiment here. We absolutely need to discuss these things. Not get nasty and rant- but certainly be able to discuss and see any relevant information related to problems we are all affected by.
Ok, sales from private parties, maybe not. But issues with manufacturers including DJI must be able to be talked about.
And if we have to worry about being censured or disciplined by the mods for this, Shame On Them.
The firmware issues are a major problem. I'm having them today after updating to v1.10. It may turn out to be a huge hassle for me.

With all due respect, it doesn't matter whether you agree or not. This is a privately owned forum and as such the owners have laid down the rules of which we all are to abide by. If you disagree and wish to take it up with the Admin then by all means I urge you to do so.

There is a WORLD of difference in talking about a possible FW issue and discussing a Class Action Lawsuit against the manufacturer and jumping on that bandwagon.

If you have a personal problem with me or something I've done, I invite you to discuss it in PM with me and not on the open forum.

I urge each member to spend a few minutes and read the Community Guidelines that we ALL agreed to when we joined this site. Then slide over to read the Terms of Service agreement we also agreed to.

Any other discussion about this will be deleted by PP Staff.

Might be helpful if you posted a list of Forbidden Subjects we can't discuss so we don't cross the line inadvertently.

Good luck with that....they have enough money to burn dohometown! [emoji6] plus... they're in China... not sure how that plays out. Thoughts?
China has laws that prevent any international lawsuits or extradition so it would be impossible to prosecute as long as the headquarters is there not a. Nance in hell

China has laws that prevent any international lawsuits or extradition so it would be impossible to prosecute as long as the headquarters is there not a. Nance in hell

True , but the potential loss of revenue from blocked sales in the USA by a court order ,could lead them to pay some attention to the issue

Big A did say that if things spiraled downhill - or did you miss THAT part - THEN would be the time to moderate.

Enough said from me and you too;)

Yes. I actually misunderstood what he was bothered about.
I'd spent literally 5 hours that day dealing with firmware update issues and thought he was saying we couldn't discuss them. And that was upsetting.
Apologies to all

Reactions: deltamike
My Vision Plus was killed by the update and they refused to help stating warranty was out and they don't have any parts available to fix it. They suggested I update to the P3. Yeah, I'll get right on that... I'd be in on this suit if it takes hold.

Have you ever heard the words "principles" or "ethics" or in a simpler term, "doing what's right"?

Just because it may be difficult, or not very profitable, doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.

Bud

The sad part is usually class action lawsuits like this make a lot of money for the law firms fighting the case and very little compensation for the many class plaintiffs the lawsuit is supposed to be all about.

That's really my point. Doing what's right is compensating the party affected by the problem. In this case that would be the end user.

It really doesn't seem right for the 3 or 4 law firms in the case to receive millions of dollars each and the end user in the case receive less than $40 if they jump through all the hoops needed to collect that money.

True , but the potential loss of revenue from blocked sales in the USA by a court order ,could lead them to pay some attention to the issue
Yea sale interruption is key for instance a court to suspend sales. For the duration of a lawsuit order.
That's really my point. Doing what's right is compensating the party affected by the problem. In this case that would be the end user.

It really doesn't seem right for the 3 or 4 law firms in the case to receive millions of dollars each and the end user in the case receive less than $40 if they jump through all the hoops needed to collect that money.

That's right so bad publicity is the answer no one buying the five it's their fuel.stop the fuel and any fire will go out .but every unknowing new. Customer gives them more fuel there is nothing anyone who bought their junk just use what you've learned to stop anyone who is googling ove a DJI product spread the word their junk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav