Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against DJI Over Firmware Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right so bad publicity is the answer no one buying the five it's their fuel.stop the fuel and any fire will go out .but every unknowing new. Customer gives them more fuel there is nothing anyone who bought their junk just use what you've learned to stop anyone who is googling ove a DJI product spread the word their junk
Junk ??
If their products were junk they wouldn't have a market share of >70%.
People buy DJI in great numbers because they work and are way ahead of any competing product.
Ive owned several and none were junk and neither were any that my friends owned.

One of the problems with a class action lawsuit is that you don't really have any control over the beast, it's not responsive to any particular wishes of class members. So if it makes the lawyers rich and you only get a nickel, the question becomes does it actually have the reverse effect from what you were hoping to accomplish? I.e., does dji then take steps to protect itself in the future (for example, institute a mandatory waiver of right to file a suit, in favor of arbitration and a waiver of class action arbitrations). While such a change would only affect new purchasers, it's doubtful that's a direction the rest of us would like to see dji move. It means you save the hammer for some truly egregious conduct by the manufacturer, not for a firmware flub on a several years out of date drone. What's the realistic value of that year's dji, assuming total loss of the craft? And is that enough to warrant the risk of driving the manufacturer away from its product users? Maybe yes, maybe no. But the train's already left the station now.

Come the hell down man it's a forum you were asking for compensation by a corporation you invested in and there's no way in hell they will and I'm glad you've had good luck but there are thousands that have stress cracks that they knew they would get but no recall no reimbursement for poor firmeware from a leader in technology yea they do produce a lot of crap I have four of them nine total and I run a shop I will sell you anything that's legal but i can't help my customers if the producer refuses to cooperate with me for parts or stress crack on inferior plastic that robots overlooked as they were produced

Have you read the DJI go app waiver before you can fly you have to waive any legal action against them before you can use it

Have you read the DJI go app waiver before you can fly you have to waive any legal action against them before you can use it

Just because it may say that doesn't make it enforceable. There is a lot of overly broad and uneforcable language in unilateral, so-called, "Terms of Use" document provisions.

The subject say's it all. This started with a Phantom2 but I think it's only a matter of time until others join the class on several models.

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against DJI Over Firmware Issues
I just received my new P3 standard. I have yet to do anything to it or use it, still way too cold here in upstate NY. On most all things electronic I do the updates to programing/firmware. Now I'm worried about this, should I fly it out of the box or update before I fly?

Just because it may say that doesn't make it enforceable. There is a lot of overly broad and uneforcable language in unilateral, so-called, "Terms of Use" document provisions.
Yep. Illinois has a "Lemon Law" provision in regards to consumer protection that allows a judgement against a manufacturer even if something is out of warranty or the fine print says "You can't sue us" if it's determined that the product is in fact faulty and there are many cases of similar circumstances.

They do have a point of presence here in the US so actions can be taken against them through their local office.

Unless the users were unable to roll back to an earlier firmware version and the drones weren't bricked I doubt this lawsuit will go anywhere.

I'm not the litigious type and, I feel most of the class action goes to lawyers. It's an unacceptable overhead for a business and, usually has little impact. A better way to get the attention from a manufacturer is to cease buying their products or promoting them to others.

Having said that, I feel you would be diverting DJI from funds that should be invested in both quality control and user support.

Reactions: BigAl07
You should purchase from an authorized DJI distributor and Service Center in the US. Then you won't have so many problems dealing directly with DJI China

I missed the discussion.
What was the problem caused by the update?
Got lost in legal-jegal.
Both my Vision and Vision Plus had the video feed to the tablet physically burned out on the camera board in the quadcopter so you could not see any video on the tablet, making the Phantoms useless for video. The only way to repair them was to replace the affected circuit boards and none were available for replacements. They had never been crashed or damaged in any way, not even a damaged propeller. DJI remedy was to buy a newer model, which I already had. I was taking the Visions out of storage to give them to my grandson. They both worked fine before being stored away when I got the newest model.

You guys are fools. Both sides, just fools. If you take this action and DJI can't sell in the U.S. for the duration, who wins? Not me, not if I want to buy a product that for the vast majority of people works just fine. Not the enterprise user who can no longer get a Matrice 200 to do bridge inspections, or the Search and Rescue First Responder who's Thermal Camera Equipped Inspire got back-ordered. Not the colleges and universities who wish to buy products that WORK for their programs. Like it or not DJI is the 800lb gorilla of the industry, and there is really no viable competition.

I have participated in these more than once, and they are utterly useless to the end user. In the mean time what are we going to do for products? Buy a Solo? Ohhhh wait we can get a KARMA!!!

I strongly urge you think about this, Because if we can't buy DJI, for the most part we are through. If Yuinicee is laying off virtually all of it's U.S> Staff after 60 million dollars in seed money from Intel, 3DR is done doing consumer after blowing through 400 million dollars of venture capital, and even a giant like GoPro can't make it work, there is no way some tiny pissant company is going to be able to step in and fill the gap. Sorry, it is reality. Wish it wasn't.

Reactions: Meta4 and mdowney58
You only get your $2.50 if they prevail, and I don't hear no fat lady singing--actually not now and not later. In any event that's one lawsuit opportunity I'll take a pass on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik