Phantom 3 Advanced with DJI GS Not doing waypoint mission.

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been using this type of bird for 7 years to take progress videos, document roof conditions and general building surveys for our architectural firm. It's been pretty good. One of the tasks I use this for is to take waypoint videos over several months time to document progress in construction phase of our projects. With a few hiccups this has been working out well. Now for our last fly around I needed the final loop to complete the video that will transition from beginning to the end as the buildings in the site come up.

I use the DJI GS app on the 5th Generation iPad throughout this and just when I am about done with a last video, I run into a roadblock. Selecting the mission in the DJI GC app, switch to DJI GO as it warms up to check all settings in the DJI GO app to be sure battery is healthy and no issues with compass and IMU exist, Then I switch back to the DJI GS and launch the drone. It'll go up 4' and then stop and hover. I sweat it looks like its struggling to do the mission but something is holding it back. Despite clearing all possible airspace restriction warnings and what not. Before this stated it would ascend, do its mission and come back and land. Easy Peasy. 12 times.

I have tried it with out the DJI GO app just in case there has a conflict occuring since these apps have been updated. Running just with DJI GS still occurs. Someone suggested I launch it manually go up 180 feet and then start the mission, no good. Last attempt was last year early fall before teh leaves turned. This happened at my home address too. So it behaves the same at either sites.

DJI hasn't a clue other than several suggestions. I need to just use that one waypoint mission with that camera once and then we are done with that bird. Moving to a new drone with 4K. and zoom to get closeups. Been a hair rising experience to fly in close to structures in windy conditions for decent closeups at times. No collision avoidance on these drones. But the old bird needs one more easy mission before being sent out to the pasture.

Anyone with experience with this setup who may have ran into this?

Thanks,
David

Have no fear Young Grasshopper. For the Phantom or Mavic 2 and below series, Litchi is by far the most versatile AND intuitive waypoint planning facility on God's green Earth. All roads lead to Litchi. Turn your back on pretenders to the throne and proceed accordingly.

The Oracle has spoken.

May be a one and done mission but Litchi is worth the low initial cost and will also work on your future drones. They perfected mission planning that DJI just didn’t on older models. Besides my Phantoms I use it on my Air2 instead of FLY app as it’s closer to the GO app’s I prefer.
Good luck.

Reactions: Billie Nelson
Unfortunately, there is no way to export a waypoint from DJI GS Pro into the Litchi app.

My long reply vanished into the ether. Litchi is a snap to use. I create 60-waypoint flights in under 15 minutes and have logged over 3,000 miles of full auto flight missions using it thus far. Here is the Litc h i forum link below.

My long reply vanished into the ether. Litchi is a snap to use. I create 60-waypoint flights in under 15 minutes and have logged over 3,000 miles of full auto flight missions using it thus far. Here is the Litc h i forum link below.

Thank you, perhaps there is a hack to get the waypoint from DJI GS Pro to Litchi. Otherwise, I'll have to read out the parameters of each way point, its curve and turning radius so that the transition flow of the video remains along the same waypoint between the two. Probably a Saturday morning process.

Reactions: Billie Nelson
Thank you, perhaps there is a hack to get the waypoint from DJI GS Pro to Litchi. Otherwise, I'll have to read out the parameters of each way point, its curve and turning radius so that the transition flow of the video remains along the same waypoint between the two. Probably a Saturday morning process.
Does DJI GS Pro have the ability to export the mission?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4