Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against DJI Over Firmware Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound so angry. I suggest checking your facts prior to throwing out insults. From the album Brother in Arms by Dire Straits written by Sting and Mark Knopfler. As for your opinion, There are bad influences in all lines of business, does not make it company policy. But I wonder are you a problem solver or a problem creator. I’m guessing the latter. Good day sir.

Lets continue your DJI pro blind folded fan support.

You said:
Perhaps you might share a link to Facebook or another source so we might get some clues?
Maybe you shoudl read the actual posts and search the threads here and on DJI forums..but you wont lol

From what I can work out a DJI AC lost connection in flight and didn’t return. If it lost connection there would be no flight data recorded after the time of the disconnect so no flight log for DJI (or anyone for that matter) to allow for determination of what happened. hugh? full of crap, there are dozens of perfect flight data records which are stored on the phone when the remotes loos connection and the RTH fails, the reason it fails is due to wifi issues that interfere with the remote's radio, watch out mavic air owners!

As your finally starting to get closer to why a recall is necessary on remotes with wifi you now have finally admitted that DJI is lying abou tthis issue, you are correct that the flight data is disrupted when the remote malfunctions and abandons the flight, for example this flight of a dji spark Spark video signal lost during sport mode, never RTH! shows that everything was perfect, 64% battery life, yet the wifi cut off sync with the aircraft leaving it in autopilot mode, DJI ignored the questions to what the alert beeps f the remote indicated and instead insisted they did not know why RTH did not work.

If you do not know you need to replace or refund the product because you manufactured it!
Of course i love their products---WHEN THEY WORK!, but then they do not i expect them to be responsible for the money i spent., NO ONE will convince me to be a fool, i worked for Apple int he past and i cant tell you how many people where un aware of their rights.

Expectation of a full refund in those circumstances is unreasonable. Imagine if you were DJI and you provided a refund to every person who claimed their AC was lost with no evidence of the incident or what caused the loss. if it was lost because of a DJI component yes.m its caleld malfunction., example lost to over heating, burned.same thing.

Sorry but if you built a car that crashes because of a faulty motor, wheel, gears, you are responsible as a manufacture, a drone flying away or crashing because of a remote glitch is the responsibility of the manufacture, same with GoPro and ther karma., also a public safety concern.
Explain to me how the GO app might continue to write telemetry data from the AC to a flight log after the downlink to the remote is disconnected? It can’t.

In the absence of you providing details specific to the event you are grizzling about nobody here can help you understand what happened. You have provided nothing that might suggest component failure.

you realise that the links i shared already have flight logs, DJI already confirmed that the drones had no issues at all, the pilots did nothing to cause a problem and while doing so they refused to discuss what the remote alerts of single long beeps indicated on for example the wifi dji spark remote.

again, WATCH OUT MAVIC AIR OWNERS AS THE REMOTES ARE the same and will cause the same issue, you wont see this with a mavic pro, acusync is safe, robust and autopilot only kicks in with mavics due to battery life to land.
In the absence of you detailing your issue this is probably one of the most pointless discussions I can recall on this board for a long time.

You sound so angry. I suggest checking your facts prior to throwing out insults. From the album Brother in Arms by Dire Straits written by Sting and Mark Knopfler. As for your opinion, There are bad influences in all lines of business, does not make it company policy. But I wonder are you a problem solver or a problem creator. I’m guessing the latter. Good day sir.
not as angry as you are but you refuse to figure it out as you have an agenda to wash this topic off the boards, there are questions about class action in other forums, very reasonable too, dont get butt hurt about people asking why DJI refuses to take responsibility for failing to provide a drone as advertised.

a failed RTH function resulting in a fly away is a public concern., worse then falling out of the sky like the Karmas did.

And since when did you not insult anyone's intelligence here, any idiot can tell you wished this topic went away., you said it yourself in another reply and made it very clear that DIALOGUE is the last thing you want, but people will NOT walk away from $500-$4000 products any more then a motorcycle.

Last edited:
What details?

I’m interested in your story.
my story?

i posted several threads here with all the details, flight data etc etc ect, are you trying to get more hits on the site or something? read the details in the links, they even include emails between DJI clearly stating they had no idea why their product MALFUNCTIONED yet told the customer they will not take responsibility but offered another product at 30% off.

Imagine a car manufacture telling a customer they have no idea why the car lost control but will offer 30% off on the next purchase after a crash due to the malfunction.

Flight records getting disrupted and no explanation to a malfunction of RTH is the responsibility of the manufacture to have answers, flight records will only show if the pilot caused an error or ignored warnings, Spark video signal lost during sport mode, never RTH! there are many threads taling about remotes with wifi causing this as well as older phantom owners.

my story?

i posted several threads here with all the details, flight data etc etc ect, are you trying to get more hits on the site or something? read the details in the links, they even include emails between DJI clearly stating they had no idea why their product MALFUNCTIONED yet told the customer they will not take responsibility but offered another product at 30% off.

Imagine a car manufacture telling a customer they have no idea why the car lost control but will offer 30% off on the next purchase after a crash due to the malfunction.
Perhaps you might post a link- in the interests of clarity. Looking at your posts I can’t see where you posted flight data.

Perhaps you might post a link- in the interests of clarity.
i see whats going on now, you guys dont see the links, scroll back up or back a few pages and look again., i dont use the link hypertext, i simply pasted a few like this
link---> Spark video signal lost during sport mode, never RTH!
link---> Possible Lawsuit against DJI?
link---> IS A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT DUE AGAINST DJI
link---> DJI Drone Manufacturer Hit with Class Action Lawsuit Over Firmware Update | Data Privacy + Security Insider

you guys realize that the GoPro Karma had even less complaints?
If i was DJI, with my experience at apple i would FIRE the staff who is refusing to deal with customer issues like the ones posted above, DJI itself would rather replace drones that flew away or returned with issues but they hired a staff to deal with it and help desk teams ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS make commission on cases they dodge under the table, take my word for it, i worked in a help desk L2 on the same floor as GE insurance and watched employees walk out when told to not inform people dying about their policy in time.,

DJI got big very fast and my advise is to FIRE this staff, i cant say its all their fault but i can certainly say its their job and they are ruining the reputation of a very prominent drone manufacture.

IMG_9413.png

Reactions: captainmilehigh
After reading the entire thread, part of it last year, I will make a few comments directed at all members, I am not singling any one person out.
  • The forums we run do not have any affiliation with the manufacturers of those drones. We are a completely independent entity.
  • Please use common forum etiquette and don't bring dead threads back to life, if it needs to be discussed again please make a new thread.
  • Yes, lawsuits are all too common, but sometimes, they are required. Unfortunately, too many frivolous lawsuits have tainted the pool so when people hear the word it brings negative connotations.
  • One of the things we promote on all our forums is to be nice. We also encourage sharing ideas and helping others. Treat your fellow members like you would like to be treated.
  • Please debate in a non-confrontational manner. If you see people getting out of hand please use the report button so the staff can handle it accordingly. Retaliating puts your membership at risk of receiving warnings and possible banishment.
  • There is an ignore button in the profiles of all the members. If you click it you will never see another post from them again.
I would also like to mention that the lawsuit that was linked to over the firmware update was tossed from court last July. here is the source - Sives v. DJI Technology, Inc. et al (3:17-cv-00294), Pennsylvania Middle District Court

Since this thread is old and information and outdated we will leave this closed up. If someone wants to start a new thread in the appropriate area please do so. If you participate in that thread (or any other) please remember to keep it factual, helpful and friendly.
Closed.

Jb0W0fA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31