Class action law suit against DJI ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Any attorneys out there?? Going online looking at numerous post both here and other sites it seems DJI really put the screws to alot of us with their no fly BS/Geo locks . DJI has to remember this is my property not theirs . I buy a new car and the dealer tells me what days to drive it ?? I buy a new TV and the manufacture tells me what room I am to watch it in . WE wouldnt accept any of those examples but we allow this by DJI ???? Both commercial and private drone pilots have been impacted by their dumb decision to take upon themselves to be the FAA. I would like to see a class action law suit to reinberse users for the drone replacement cost to buy another manufacture ,loss of business, time lost due to grounding of their drones plus all attorney fees.

Why not just unlock the zone in DJI GO? It seems like a far easier and less expensive option.

It's definitely in DJI's best interest to help impose some restrictions because it's VERY apparent that many people can not control their own actions.

If you'll search a bit more you'll see this very topic pops up every few months or so and it goes absolutely no where. You do know you were not FORCED to buy DJI products . . . .

It's definitely in DJI's best interest to help impose some restrictions because it's VERY apparent that many people can not control their own actions.

If you'll search a bit more you'll see this very topic pops up every few months or so and it goes absolutely no where. You do know you were not FORCED to buy DJI products . . . .
That is correct I did buy it without restrictions but it worked when I bought it then they wanted to play the roll of the FAA even though many of use fly in a safe and professional way biding by the rules. How about I tell everyone when and where to drive their car ???

That is correct I did buy it without restrictions but it worked when I bought it then they wanted to play the roll of the FAA even though many of use fly in a safe and professional way biding by the rules. How about I tell everyone when and where to drive their car ???

We have ROADS and HIGHWAYS that do that. If we could "Self Police" it would be different but we have proven time and time and time again we can't.

By DJI imposing some restraints it might help curb further restrictions from the Govt which would be much harder to get "unlocked".

Also have you tried the DJI Unlock procedure?? They've given a path to less restrictions.

Why not just unlock the zone in DJI GO? It seems like a far easier and less expensive option.
Do that on every survey job ?? 40 ft to 110 ft off the ground 4 to 8 miles away from an airport no thanks selling all my DJI crapp it will only get worse .

Do that on every survey job ?? 40 ft to 110 ft off the ground 4 to 8 miles away from an airport no thanks selling all my DJI crapp it will only get worse .

That's how professionals do it each and every day. Or you can cut your losses and get another brand product. Just keep in mind, the "factory" restrictions might be the least of our worries going forward . . .

We have ROADS and HIGHWAYS that do that. If we could "Self Police" it would be different but we have proven time and time and time again we can't.

By DJI imposing some restraints it might help curb further restrictions from the Govt which would be much harder to get "unlocked".

Also have you tried the DJI Unlock procedure?? They've given a path to less restrictions.
You guys have a good night !!! I will not let a foreign company shut my business down or tell me when and where to use my business assets when I am using them Legally within the FAA guide lines done with DJI peace out.

Reactions: cneedelman
You guys have a good night !!! I will not let a foreign company shut my business down or tell me when and where to use my business assets when I am using them Legally within the FAA guide lines done with DJI peace out.

How are so many other businesses able to do this (like mine) each and every day? I will admit I do have a back-up aircraft that has NO type of GeoFencing what so ever. But I planned it this way on purpose. If the DJI is locked out the H520 goes into action without a moment's hesitation.

How are so many other businesses able to do this (like mine) each and every day? I will admit I do have a back-up aircraft that has NO type of GeoFencing what so ever. But I planned it this way on purpose. If the DJI is locked out the H520 goes into action without a moment's hesitation.
Thats what I have ordered ;) now to unload this other junk

Reactions: Ekki
Thats what I have ordered ;) now to unload this other junk
Junk is good when set up but headache when not work,,hang in there we have some grief one way or another ,,,I reply to other post, let's try get you flying,I await to see if other ideas work first before going further

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Dear Fingers.....Stop Please.....

MOUTH SHUT.png

If we look at GEO Fencing, aeroscope and DJI’s constant investment in taking every opportunity to work with legislators it should be obvious what is happening here. DJI are doing all they can to ensure the minimum impact on their bottom line- blind Freddy could see clearly the imminent risk of crippling restrictions being imposed that might, and probably would, cripple the hobby. As has been said their is a mechanism now that will allow you to fly in areas where operation isn’t restricted/prohibited. You don’t have to apply too much effort to learn their are ways to defeat the current software restrictions also if your that way inclined.

I don’t see the prospects of a class action being successful as being very high. I would compare it to the likelihood of forcing Apple to remove restrictions from iOS to load third party apps and obtain root access or to force a car manufacturer to allow the owner to flick a switch to disable the emission controls so you get better mileage and greater horsepower.

Curious what has being a ‘foreign’ company to do with this?

I for one am thankful DJI has restrictions in their programing. It keeps stupid people from doing stupid things which will ultimately affect my right to fly! Not being rude but am glad to see those who don't want to follow the rules sell their DJI products so when something does happen the DJI will not be to blame.. JMHO

I for one am thankful DJI has restrictions in their programing. It keeps stupid people from doing stupid things which will ultimately affect my right to fly! Not being rude but am glad to see those who don't want to follow the rules sell their DJI products so when something does happen the DJI will not be to blame.. JMHO

Is GM responsible when some idiot goes on a high speed chase? I do agree DJI is only worried about 1 thing. $$$$$$ They are concerned about protecting their bottom line. Keeping MORE people flying protects their bottom line.

As other companies become more competitive both functionally and financially there will be more people move away from DJI because of the hassels of dealing with the restrictions.

Reactions: dharlow
Why are you thankful, stupid people do stupid things regardless, if they can’t do it with the DJI product, they’ll do it with another companies product. At the end of the day, a Drone is a Drone and we will all be painted with the same brush. Strict laws will increase because of stupid people until like in some countries the hobby is already prohibited unfortunately. Enjoy it while you can cause there is nothing we can do about stupid people when it comes to Drone inforcement.

Why are you thankful, stupid people do stupid things regardless, if they can’t do it with the DJI product, they’ll do it with another companies product. At the end of the day, a Drone is a Drone and we will all be painted with the same brush. Strict laws will increase because of stupid people until like in some countries the hobby is already prohibited unfortunately. Enjoy it while you can cause there is nothing we can do about stupid people when it comes to Drone inforcement.

But think about how many (read the forums and you'll see people asking about how to get around the geo fencing all the time) people gave up and did NOT break the rules because it was too much trouble? More than you'd think. Often times if it requires extra work or time or $$ many people just give up.

Reactions: sar104
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl