Possible Lawsuit against DJI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In many states no attorney is allowed during proceedings. You are alone.
But beyond filing there are other expenses such as preparation, serving, collection, etc. The cost of preparation can be expensive depending what you charge for your time.

It takes very little money. Drive down to your local courthouse and file in small claims court. It's usually around $100. Hearings usually take place in 60 days. Violation if breach of contract/warranty.

What he is describing is not likely to be something a small claims court would hear, and he's talking about lawyering up (which may be verbotten).

"I would like to bring legal action against DJI to stop this kind of behavior because I believe it is fradulent and negligent. Furthermore, I think DJI is doing this as calculated unethical business practice to cover up a manufacturers defect that is known to them, and that is a very serious violation of consumer law that could get them hit with serious fines."

No attorney needed in small claims court. No legal knowledge required either.
Very true, but TRY collecting from an entity/business that is not even headquartered in the good ole USofA! Getting a judgement entry is easy,collection is harder.

If your not happy with the build quality your only recourse is to return it. I just checked and mine does the same thing and I don't consider that a defect. I don't see the battery ever coming out in mid air and I have not heard a single report of p4 batteries coming out in flight. They will eject on impact which I would prefer if its catastrophic so it doesn't burn up. Perhaps the play is enough to facilitate the battery ejecting but never enough to just fall out. My bet is that anyone with a p4 that does what was done in the video will find that theirs does the same thing. You have to really push but you will see a gap. Its plastic. There are so many variables at play. Temp is certainly going to effect the mailability off the frame but most will certainly see a gap if they push up hard on the battery.

I too prefer the battery eject on impact. I crashed my P3A into a dead tree where the battery ejected minimizing motor/ESC issues. Only a short squeal from the motors. Otherwise it could have been several seconds before I would have been able to shut down.
On the downside, you can't utilize 'find my drone' feature of P4s if the battery pops out

I too prefer the battery eject on impact. I crashed my P3A into a dead tree where the battery ejected minimizing motor/ESC issues. Only a short squeal from the motors. Otherwise it could have been several seconds before I would have been úable to shut down.
On the downside, you can't utilize 'find my drone' feature of P4s if the battery pops out
I thought about that as well. It would be nice if they put a low voltage backup GPS on phantoms if they are going to design the battery to eject on impact. Most likely you will have the flight log on the mobile device but if you have a fly away good luck.

Very true, but TRY collecting from an entity/business that is not even headquartered in the good ole USofA! Getting a judgement entry is easy,collection is harder.

They have an office in the US, it's in CA. As I mentioned, the mods don't allow a discussion like this. I'll only say... it's been done before.

Reactions: BigAl07
And you know the Mod's enforce the guidelines and are here now .
This..from the guidelines

Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.
So this is now CLOSED

Reactions: macoman and BigAl07
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl