Time for a class action lawsuit against DJI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did you all buy DJI products? Arguably because they are the best on the market...not my first DJI bird, but FAR better than the last...and you all want to "punish" them?! I don't get it! No it's not time for a lawsuit.

Reactions: BigAl07
It's just frustration and un-met expectations by a few.
I could not find anything in writing that says repairs will be performed in any specific timeframe.

Did't Yogi Berra once say about a restaurant?:
"The place is terrible, it's so crowded you can never get a table".

These things are so popular and the people who buy them so inexperienced that there's a back-log.

Why did you all buy DJI products? Arguably because they are the best on the market...not my first DJI bird, but FAR better than the last...and you all want to "punish" them?! I don't get it! No it's not time for a lawsuit.
It's not about hurting them it's about waking them up, and making them treat the customer, who pays their bills/salaries, right after the sale.

I could not find anything in writing that says repairs will be performed in any specific timeframe.

These things are so popular and the people who buy them so inexperienced that there's a back-log.
I totally agree!! Not really sure what people expect from purchasing this item but is really an electronic flying camera , I expect issues and I really do not expect it to last very long. I am surprised there is any warranty and certainly that the company is attempting to fix the problem to me is impressive. I would hope the company will produce future quads that have improvements with the design to avoid such issues but hey thats the process with everything we buy. Nothing is perfect!!

Reactions: Evel_Knievel
Good luck with that. There is a long trail of frustrated customers in DJI's wake. When you buy DJI, you need to accept that you are a beta tester. They'll eventually fix it but you'll have to buy the new version to get the benefit.

Look at the $1,200 A2 flight controller. It shipped with a GPS defect that would drop satellites in the middle of flight. DJI finally fixed it and added some new features. But in order to get the fix, you had to "upgrade" to the new GPS hardware for $500 (half of which they would refund after you jump through a dozen hoops). That's par for the course.

Reactions: gfredrone
Good luck with that. There is a long trail of frustrated customers in DJI's wake. When you buy DJI, you need to accept that you are a beta tester. They'll eventually fix it but you'll have to buy the new version to get the benefit.

Look at the $1,200 A2 flight controller. It shipped with a GPS defect that would drop satellites in the middle of flight. DJI finally fixed it and added some new features. But in order to get the fix, you had to "upgrade" to the new GPS hardware for $500 (half of which they would refund after you jump through a dozen hoops). That's par for the course.

People want it both ways.

To do a proper MALT failure analysis, redesign/modify the shell mould, run production samples, re-MALT, repeat as necessary, tool-up adequate moulds, run production, qualify the part, introduce into supply chain, ship new parts... TAKES TIME.

But everyone wants it yesterday so this process is abbreviated in favor of the demand.

Can't have it both ways.

DJI made a comment to one person that if you bought your P3 In August or after that the issue has been fixed as far as the stress cracks go. The DJI rep was referring to the shell and not the motors

The user posted this convo in a forum after trying to return his P3 for a new one with the new motors

No, because they are pretty much the only company. All others like walkera, blade etc.. are years behind. It was my last dji product, not because of the cracks but because of bad quality, service and how they handle things. Like the app for example, they are producing stupid mistakes like a beginner. I knew that the new ios 9 would make the app incompatible and thats why i didnt even thought about updating my ipad. It was the right decision because ios9 wasnt compatible, its like you could have predicted it 100% and that is shocking. Also the poor quality of the gimbals is shocking, the bad connection with the app, the stress cracks, the heat problem, poor battery lifetime and so on. I also remember thr nightmare never ending story with my jello gimbal, they needed 3 attempts to solve it. Im not that rich to accept all this for 1400 euro

Your argument is poor, as if this would justify all the problems. Because they are better compared to the "complete crap" products from their rivals its ok to sell "crap" products?

Last edited:
Reactions: skyhighdiver
No, because they are pretty much the only company. All others like walkera, blade etc.. are years behind. It was my last dji product, not because of the cracks but because of bad quality, service and how they handle things. Like the app for example, they are producing stupid mistakes like a beginner. I knew that the new ios 9 would make the app incompatible and thats why i didnt even thought about updating my ipad. It was the right decision because ios9 wasnt compatible, its like you could have predicted it 100% and that is shocking. Also the poor quality of the gimbals is shocking, the bad connection with the app, the stress cracks, the heat problem, poor battery lifetime and so on. I also remember thr nightmare never ending story with my jello gimbal, they needed 3 attempts to solve it. Im not that rich to accept all this for 1400 euro

Your argument is poor, as if this would justify all the problems. Because they are better compared to the "complete crap" products from their rivals its ok to sell "crap" products?
So get rid of your crap product and quit complaining.

So get rid of your crap product and quit complaining.
You made no sense man because i already wrote that this is my last DJI product and i dont know your experience with their products but i bought the phantom1 5 months after it was released and the phantom2 after it was released. I wasnt complaining, i was answering the guys question! Why did you all buy DJI products? Because they have pretty much the monopoly

You made no sense man because i already wrote that this is my last DJI product and i dont know your experience with their products but i bought the phantom1 5 months after it was released and the phantom2 after it was released.
So why dwell on it? Not being rude, just suggesting maybe move on. This product is clearly not for some people

Yea I'm actually pretty surprised how they are handling it considering the shell isn't even covered under their warranty.

Very well said.

In addition, looking at how frequently I read of folks wanting to claim on warranty and blame firmware upgrades for their lack of experience, I wonder how many of these cracks actually resulted from bad landings or other mishaps.

The cracks are a pretty widespread issue. A "class action suit" will most definitely not work but maybe some other form of user activity will. I'd suggest a group request to replace shells with the newer version.

Moderator note: If you happen to not agree with this thread, then skip it. We don't need 100 opinions about why you think it's a bad idea. Let the people who are in favor of doing something discuss it.

The cracks are a pretty widespread issue. A "class action suit" will most definitely not work but maybe some other form of user activity will. I'd suggest a group request to replace shells with the newer version.

Moderator note: If you happen to not agree with this thread, then skip it. We don't need 100 opinions about why you think it's a bad idea. Let the people who are in favor of doing something discuss it.

Wow Ian.

Tha's pretty unusual behaviour for you.

Since when is a discussion defined as 1-sided dialog?

Didn't the OP end with a question?

Censoring decorum is one thing, opinions another.

Last edited:
LIfe is too short to worry about this issue. Tie wrap it and move on :) You will be upgrading to the P4 for Christmas anyway and this unit will go on the shelf.

LIfe is too short to worry about this issue. Tie wrap it and move on :) You will be upgrading to the P4 for Christmas anyway and this unit will go on the shelf.

i won't be upgrading if they don't fix this shell stress crack flaw!

if they do fix it right, then yeah, i'll probably get the P4P lol! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers