I guess it's possible. They just seem to be operational. Maybe there is another issue. I need to get someone to test them I guess.

Reactions: JohnnyB
O.K. Now I am confused. I have the exact same amps, I think? I got mine from e-Bay and they were advertised as 4 watts each. I not only didn't get any more distance but found when I lost signal it look a LONG time to get it back. Usually 1.5-4 minutes into the automatic return to home flight. These work well for you? Have you tested them against other amps? I tried using them with my wireless home router and they did nothing for it either so I am baffled now.

I tested them with 3 different antennas BTW.

Yeah, i use the exact same amps and they work great! I hate to say it, but i think part is the antennas you are running. The Alfa ones are not great .. and neither are the Rubber duck ones. Those all broadcast the signal 360° around you and not very far IMO (the dbi is low on those). They will help fight interference like tree's/bushes, but not get you distance. For that, you need a directional linear antenna like the CCP's or MaxxRange which is 14dbi+. I've also never heard (on a phantom atleast) that you would need an attenuator at all. Just amps and the antenna should work. I think its your antenna to be honest.

I mean, i used these amps and aCCP built panel antenna and I was able to get out to 71k and back with 100% signal score on HealthyDrones. If they work for me out to 13+miles, they should work for others! I think procharged97 was running these black amps for a bit as well. HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Ive not tested these against other amps, but they worked quite well enough that i didn't feel the need to invest in "good" amps like the Sunhaus.

I've an extra CCP build panel antenna if you wanna borrow it and test with your setup? Just gotta promise to ship it back eventually! :)

Reactions: JohnnyB
I've used those black ones and haven't seen no difference in performance over the 2.5w sunhans that I'm currently using. The black ones worked great. They do seem like there about twice as heavy as the sunhans. But if you can get two for the price of one sunhans it's worth the weight. They have the same led light sequence as the silver style sunhans, I can't stand the gold ones with their hard to read LED

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Digdat0
Yeah, i use the exact same amps and they work great! I hate to say it, but i think part is the antennas you are running. The Alfa ones are not great .. and neither are the Rubber duck ones. Those all broadcast the signal 360° around you and not very far IMO (the dbi is low on those). They will help fight interference like tree's/bushes, but not get you distance. For that, you need a directional linear antenna like the CCP's or MaxxRange which is 14dbi+. I've also never heard (on a phantom atleast) that you would need an attenuator at all. Just amps and the antenna should work. I think its your antenna to be honest.

I mean, i used these amps and aCCP built panel antenna and I was able to get out to 71k and back with 100% signal score on HealthyDrones. If they work for me out to 13+miles, they should work for others! I think procharged97 was running these black amps for a bit as well. HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Ive not tested these against other amps, but they worked quite well enough that i didn't feel the need to invest in "good" amps like the Sunhaus.

I've an extra CCP build panel antenna if you wanna borrow it and test with your setup? Just gotta promise to ship it back eventually! :)
I messaged you back. I am in for testing. I also bought a MAXXUAV DBS-02 antenna that works great (best distance was 2.6miles) but I have not tried amps with it yet. I can test it against your panels and see what works better. I can also test with and without the black amps to see what difference it makes.

Last edited:
Here is mine...
Amps ordered

Attachments

• IMG_3447.JPG
    IMG_3447.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 553
  • IMG_3451.JPG
    IMG_3451.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 522
  • IMG_3450.JPG
    IMG_3450.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 560
  • IMG_3449.JPG
    IMG_3449.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 551
That looks great! Where did you get those cables? How is the distance?

P.S. I finally tested mine with the cheap black 4watt e-Bay amps and I did see an improvement in signal strength. I did not get much more range but there was a notable difference. I am starting to think that antennas are what get you long range, and amps get you better penetration.

The long range amp kit looks really cool. I love the fact that its all built into one piece. The real question is does it really work as good as a battery and 2 sunhans or other amps. If so it is the better route since it is clean and easy to put on your remote. I have a backpack case and it is kind of a pain having to "assemble" my controller every time I fly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/321734496544
They are quite stiff, but works OK
Have also ordered those cheap 4 watt amps from e-bay.
First I was thinking of this: DJI Lightbridge Long Range Antenna Mod for 5-10KM flight (4 watt)
Maybe later...[emoji106]

That is a lot of money for some small antenna's. Kasper1 I've used the ( and a few others here too) the CCP's (your gray antenna's). I've gotten 22000 ft (4.16 miles) un boosted. If you did the connect right that make a big different for me. Lately I've been using the stock rabbit ears with a wind surfer. yesterday pushed it out to 21000 ft. Problem I'm having now it I can't see the dark red % of battery with my tinted glasses. I have an other controller with a DBSo2 on it. I keep running out of battery before I loss signal. I know DB I need to do a battery mod on the P3a. But it's new:confused:

Reactions: Digdat0
RF Coax Pigtail Cable Convertor RG402 15cm 6in RP-SMA Male to RP SMA Male M/M | eBay
They are quite stiff, but works OK
Have also ordered those cheap 4 watt amps from e-bay.
First I was thinking of this: DJI Lightbridge Long Range Antenna Mod for 5-10KM flight (4 watt)
Maybe later...[emoji106]

That "kit" just has two of the cheap eBay black boosters inside. Agreed it is all packaged up into a small "kit" which can be appealing but nothing special inside unfortunately.

Reactions: JohnnyB and Digdat0
That "kit" just has two of the cheap eBay black boosters inside. Agreed it is all packaged up into a small "kit" which can be appealing but nothing special inside unfortunately.

I figured it would be something like that. It is packaged nicely though. My best antenna so far is still the DBS02 I got from you. I did hook up my pair of black e-Bay amps and did seem to get just a little more distance. I Used my P3P in the woods this weekend to try and map out my friends hunting property and I learned real fast how much trees kill signal. Even at 500' I couldn't get more than 3,000' feet away before signal was lost and I got RTH several times. The real problem is I was having to aim up through trees.

I thought I would add my CCP's . Their a carrier over from my Phantom vision plus. I putted them off and mounted them to my Phantom 3 advanced. I guess you can say these are a beta of Pro97 's His the one that helped me with the movement of the connections. ( great job by the way). I was getting 22000 ft unboosted with my Phantom 2. I'll see how much better these work over the stocks.

Attachments

• IMG_20170131_225541424[1].jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 463
  • IMG_20170131_225553073[2].jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 504
Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
setup my CCP's for my P3a. Did a little bracket for it keep it small and tight ( Patent pending)

http://www.phantompilots.com/attach...4/?temp_hash=d1200f6ad2aedeba654027fc09ddf1bb
http://www.phantompilots.com/attach...5/?temp_hash=d1200f6ad2aedeba654027fc09ddf1bb

http://www.phantompilots.com/attach...6/?temp_hash=d1200f6ad2aedeba654027fc09ddf1bb

After a flight the other day and losing the signal and RTH not kicking in at 22500 ft.

I decided I better bring out the big guns. This are modified by Procharger97 handy work. I was using them with my P2v+ and getting 4.2 miles out. I know They will go farther then my one battery.

Attachments

• IMG_20170222_222030351[1].jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 629
  • IMG_20170222_222020560[1].jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 534
  • IMG_20170222_222002226[1].jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 480
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads