I got all my gear loaded in the truck and went back to my spot, and had a 10mph wind.
My new panels, pared with the Max range are unstoppable.
I got the TP LINK 14 dbi. I really like them.
I am not sure where they are made, but the only thing in my way now is the battery.
I am going to have to shop for batteries.
I could only go 13000ft because of the wind.
But when I turn around to go home there was no interruption of the signal.With my CCP I had to adjust the panels to keep the signal good, but with these it is solid signal. I sat in my truck and never had to get out and adjust anything.

Try heavy shielded coax. Much better.

I use (among others) TP-Link 14 db panels... Good stuff!!! (Amps: 8 watt)
20161226_092243.jpg

Reactions: JohnnyB and Digdat0
I am intrigued. I have a 75" Samsung that would be nice to use for FPV view from my warm home. Or more importantly a mobile setup with a telescopic antenna for my truck.

For that mobile need... L-Com magnetic car mount. Can be HDMI out to large monitor (inverter powered) in your warm car.
20161230_054732.jpg

Reactions: Digdat0 and JohnnyB
I went 2.6 miles once with the MAXXUAV antenna and no amps but I was standing high in the back of my truck bed and had my controller about 10' off the ground. What amps would be the best to add? I am asking anyone who has actually bought and used the amps they recommend. I have heard sunhaus is best BUT I also know that sometimes 2 watts can work better than 4 watts etc. due to impedance matching, noise ratios, etc.

P.S. I bought the black amps seen on e-Bay and other places with the bird on them and could see NO better range. The only effect they seemed to have is when I lost signal, it actually took me longer to reestablish it than with no amps at all.

Reactions: JohnnyB
This just in! Fox news reports that Johnnys antennas which were recently just shipped were in a multi-vehicle accident on the interstate. Police confirmed total damage to the antennas. Everything else is fine.

This just in! Fox news reports that Johnnys antennas which were recently just shipped were in a multi-vehicle accident on the interstate. Police confirmed total damage to the antennas. Everything else is fine.
Total nutbag! (Lol) Sorry to OP which said this is P3 based.. had to get one post in so I could follow.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Reactions: JohnnyB
Well, Grammaton Cleric turned me on to this thread early this morning. I had called off work to go to doc for shots in the knees. Started reading this from page one..... Even at the docs office, I was reading! I couldn't stop!! (At docs for 3 dag burn hours) What a great thread and great bunch of people! Max, my wife knows about your two mishaps, and the dolphin sex! Haha I would be reading and just bust a gut.. she asked.. sorry.
All I can say is.. I'm in!! I know I have a P4.. modded controller, L-coms, DBS02 and maxxrange coming as of 2 nights ago.. and kinda wished I had read this first, but, I'm in! (With something) I'll have a tripod setup by spring. :)
Yep, all 66 mobile pages in one day!!! I don't know y'all, but feels like family! (Even you Gram) lol It was nice to see all the progression in one day. Thanks for it all! I'm undecided, tp link, or pro's version CCP, or pair the panels I already have. May start.that way and expand but either way.... Hook, line and sinker!
Tired eyes and imagination running wild, I'm out for now. I'll be back with some results... Hopefully not to awful long from now. :)

Those look exactly like "4 watt" amps I bought that did NOTHING for me with Alfa antennas, rubber duck antennas, etc. Maybe I got bad ones or maybe I needed an attenuator???

Reactions: phxbird57
Boosted CCP's .. need to find final config setup, but they work! SUPER HAPPY! :D Got 11 min test flight in:

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

The red spots are where i pointed the antenna directly at the ground. Wanted to see if it would keep connection, and if not, how quickly it came back.

zPPgqGR.jpg

O.K. Now I am confused. I have the exact same amps, I think? I got mine from e-Bay and they were advertised as 4 watts each. I not only didn't get any more distance but found when I lost signal it look a LONG time to get it back. Usually 1.5-4 minutes into the automatic return to home flight. These work well for you? Have you tested them against other amps? I tried using them with my wireless home router and they did nothing for it either so I am baffled now.

I tested them with 3 different antennas BTW.

Reactions: Digdat0
Reactions: Digdat0
O.K. Now I am confused. I have the exact same amps, I think? I got mine from e-Bay and they were advertised as 4 watts each. I not only didn't get any more distance but found when I lost signal it look a LONG time to get it back. Usually 1.5-4 minutes into the automatic return to home flight. These work well for you? Have you tested them against other amps? I tried using them with my wireless home router and they did nothing for it either so I am baffled now.

I tested them with 3 different antennas BTW.
Did you test with meter? (Curiously asking)

No, I have no meter or other way of bench testing them. But they really had no positive effect and actually made it take longer to reconnect. I suspect that was due to noise? I read somewhere that you sometimes need to add an attenuator before the amps to keep from overdriving them but I am not sure. Plus other people like yourself seem to have used them with success. I even opened them up and they seem well built and the lights came on as expected. One green light was pretty solid (transmit side) and the other was very dim and flickered (receive side). The results were the same when I switched the amps so they seem to work identical to each other. They just didn't get me any noticeable range with my P3 or my router that I added some RP-SMA antenna leads to. I did use a phone app for WiFi signal strength when I used them with the router and did not see a bump in signal power from my testing point far across my house.

@Jon... Only difference I see is the direct power supply that dig done. Other than that.. bad amps u ended up with? He posted nice results...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj