Changing the shell, motor mounting problem

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a little crash with my P3A and one of the arms bent.
So I got another body, so I was putting all the parts into the new one and when I wanted to screw the motors in, I found out that there is a different mounting system.

View the photos.

On the photo with the motor, there is the new shell with incompatible mounting and on the other photo, there is the right mounting system.

Any idea what should I do?
1) Get a proper shell, if I can still buy it somewhere.
2) Buy new motors.
3) Or I was thinking to just break these flat plastic parts and just screw it. Do you think that would safely hold the motors?

Thank you so much for any help!

Petr
IMG_20160729_151059.jpg
IMG_20160729_151949.jpg

all I know is that you have the newest motor style, and the old body style does not match, nor does vice versa. If you have the old body you need the old motor, if you have the new motor you need the new body.

An there are 2 different main boards, one for the old motors and one for the new motors.
So the only reasonable way is to buy a new shell for the motor type you have (new type).

DJI redesigned the shell a long time ago. Your chances of getting the old design are slim to none.

Reactions: Droneted
Hi,

I had a little crash with my P3A and one of the arms bent.
So I got another body, so I was putting all the parts into the new one and when I wanted to screw the motors in, I found out that there is a different mounting system.

View the photos.

On the photo with the motor, there is the new shell with incompatible mounting and on the other photo, there is the right mounting system.

Any idea what should I do?
1) Get a proper shell, if I can still buy it somewhere.
2) Buy new motors.
3) Or I was thinking to just break these flat plastic parts and just screw it. Do you think that would safely hold the motors?

Thank you so much for any help!

PetrView attachment 60973 View attachment 60974
Are you saying the motors don't sit flat when you try to mount them on the new shell? What version of the motors do you have? I have old motors (2312) mounted on the new shell just fine.
Motor.jpg

I have replaced the mb and the motors on my p3a for the motors i bent the tabs on the original bade with my finger and mounted the 2312a motors no problem. The motors do slant at an angle because the old ones did as well. I have tested the new board #96 and i am so happy all works. I had the dtone completely apart . I used the security screwdriver tips i bought at can. Tire for 16 bucks. And i never buy from C.t. good luck.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers