CE and FCC Automatic switch?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I would like to buy the new Air 2 drone. If I buy the one that's being sold in the USA which works with FCC transmission power, and I take it to another country which has only the CE models sell there, will my drone still function in FCC mode or it will automatically drop to CE transmission power?

Thanks.

If I buy the one that's being sold in the USA which works with FCC transmission power, and I take it to another country which has only the CE models sell there, will my drone still function in FCC mode or it will automatically drop to CE transmission power?
It will auto switch. There isn't a separate FCC and CE version.

Reactions: Itay and JoBe
Hello everyone,
I would like to buy the new Air 2 drone. If I buy the one that's being sold in the USA which works with FCC transmission power, and I take it to another country which has only the CE models sell there, will my drone still function in FCC mode or it will automatically drop to CE transmission power?

Thanks.
so why does it say FCC in the pecs on my box ? Does it mean i live in Canada DJI will send me the FCC type ?
question asked so much here! search must be busted?

from one of the others threads on this:
It doesn't matter where you buy your drone and controller, you get the same model.
The drone identifies and uses the appropriate mode (FCC or CE) based on where you use the drone.
Having the CE mark [or FCC] just signifies that it has approval for those areas. The drone still switches based on where you use the drone.

edit - except see the next post from @quaddamage

Last edited:
It doesn't matter where you buy your drone and controller, you get the same model.
Not for Mavic Mini. That drone still switches zones, but CE version has different RF amplifier - broader band, lower amplification.

Reactions: JoBe
Not for Mavic Mini. That drone still switches zones, but CE version has different RF amplifier - broader band, lower amplification.
ty for correcting. :)

Got a photo?
No sorry ! It is written very small and my three year old cell phone can't even focus on that size. but if you still have your box on the side it is labeled FCC ID: MT1SS51905... on mine.

No sorry ! It is written very small and my three year old cell phone can't even focus on that size.
Ah, your cell phone? I thought we were talking about drones here.

Wow. Sorry. I thought you were referring to the FCC ID on your cell phone.

My MA2 is supposed to arrive on Thursday. So, I can check out my box then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20