Can't find an app for that...

Reaction score
Pertinent Information:
I have an Android Ecosystem
I have a Phantom 4 Pro (and a Pro+)
I also own an iPod touch that won't update to the current iOS (I have it just for calibrating the Ronin)

I am not looking for Drone Deploy, Pix4D, PrecisionFlight, etc. What I am looking for is if there is an Android (or even iOS) app out there that will allow for the following:

1. Program in a flight.
2. Take enough pictures to allow for stitching.
3. Allow me to then take those RAW images, stitch them together, and then process as I see fit.

Is there an app out there that does this and does it well? I can't find anything in the Google Play Store.

I can do it all manually, but I thought for sure someone has made an app to do this task. Basically, I'm wanting a stitched panoramic of the ground with the camera pointing straight down.

1. Program in a flight.
3. Allow me to then take those RAW images, stitch them together, and then process as I see fit.

Is there an app out there that does this and does it well? I can't find anything in the Google Play Store.
I can do it all manually, but I thought for sure someone has made an app to do this task. Basically, I'm wanting a stitched panoramic of the ground with the camera pointing straight down.
I know you said I am not looking for Drone Deploy.
But what you are asking for is DroneDeploy.
You can program DD beautifully and get your pix.
You don't have to upload them to DD for processing.

So you're recommending that I use my Drone Deploy app and account to run the mission and instead of uploading them to their servers, I stitch them myself, right?

I'm not opposed to doing thst, but I would think their ToS would bar that unless I had an active paying account.

Based on your answer, can I assume you are unaware of a standalone app that will do this? I'm happy to pay for it, I just don't want to pay a thousand dollars a year for one feature.

So you're recommending that I use my Drone Deploy app and account to run the mission and instead of uploading them to their servers, I stitch them myself, right?
I'm not opposed to doing that, but I would think their ToS would bar that unless I had an active paying account.
I told you that because it works just as I said. There is no bar to stop you using DD to fly the mission and capture the images.
How you choose to process them is up to you.
Based on your answer, can I assume you are unaware of a standalone app that will do this? I'm happy to pay for it, I just don't want to pay a thousand dollars a year for one feature.
There is no stand-alone app and what you want already exists.
You might like to look at DD pricing too, you don't have to pay $1000 a year unless you are using them a lot.
DroneDeploy Pricing and Plans for Pro Business and Enterprise

Thanks again for responding Meta4. I have been an active user of Drone Deploy, but found that I am not selling 3D, elevation, or crop health maps. What I am selling in conjunction to my other offerings is campus aerial images. Drone Deploy does this well, but I don't want to pay them the full monthly or yearly price for this one feature. So, I thought if there was something else out there that just did this one thing, and did it well- I'd be happy to pay them for it.

I understand what you are saying about Drone Deploy. I'll read their their ToS and make sure we're legal in doing that and go from from there. Again, thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I thought DD was over priced for us occasional users. Which sells credits - can't recall but used DD ti capture the images, then purchased $13 dollars worth of credits to get it stiched and presented. Pix4D?

Pix4D is even more more expensive for what I want to do. If you want to do 3d obj files, then it's cheaper.

Pertinent Information:
I have an Android Ecosystem
I have a Phantom 4 Pro (and a Pro+)
I also own an iPod touch that won't update to the current iOS (I have it just for calibrating the Ronin)

I am not looking for Drone Deploy, Pix4D, PrecisionFlight, etc. What I am looking for is if there is an Android (or even iOS) app out there that will allow for the following:

1. Program in a flight.

My suggestion. Use drone deploy to do the mapping. Down load images to a 6-12 gig windows i 7 machine. Purchase ($50.00) Affinity (siff ) software and shove in 50 - 100 or more 2 or 4 hd images and watch it go to work. Takes about 10 minutes to stitch. If you have a windows machine that has a fast screen processor, you can stitch 4 k images. Problem with drone deploy is that the time to shove 100 or more 4 k pictures up the internet is days, not hours. Affinity does it in minutes! It also exceeds Adobe photoshop capabilities. The layering is superb!!!!!
Cheers, JohnT

Reactions: BigAl07
My suggestion. Use drone deploy to do the mapping. Down load images to a 6-12 gig windows i 7 machine. Purchase ($50.00) Affinity (siff ) software and shove in 50 - 100 or more 2 or 4 hd images and watch it go to work. Takes about 10 minutes to stitch. If you have a windows machine that has a fast screen processor, you can stitch 4 k images. Problem with drone deploy is that the time to shove 100 or more 4 k pictures up the internet is days, not hours. Affinity does it in minutes! It also exceeds Adobe photoshop capabilities. The layering is superb!!!!!
Cheers, JohnT

Great info. Sometimes we need to stitch in the field (w/o internet) and having a quick local option is great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20