P4 Firmware Update gone bad, no image transmission

Reaction score
Hey everyone. First post here on the Phantom Pilots forums. I'm pretty much a newbie to drones in general, but not new to realizing how much help and support there is in forums like this.

I purchased a used DJI Phantom 4 a month ago. Excellent shape with lots of extras for a decent price, and have used it quite a bit with no issues. I had an update show up one day so i decided to do it. (I know better now). I use an Android device (One Plus 7 Pro), with the DJI Go 4 app, but also have the DJI Assistant 2 on my Windows based laptop. I'm not real fluent in updates so not positive in the process other than what i have found online. I have tried a few different ways, with laptop, android and Ipad Pro. No luck. I believe the download comes first, then transmission to the aircraft? Every way i try, it either hangs at 99% or says update failed. And now i have no video feed to my phone.

Now, on Assist 2 it says i'm running firmware V00.00.0000. But the DJI Go 4 app says its the latest firmware. Ipad says version unknown. Looking in the about section of my android app, it says look for updates. When i click it, it just keeps looking, but never comes up with anything. The RC version is 1.9.3. App version, 4.3.36.. And whenever i try and update with Assit 2, it always says download failed.

I know this sounds like every other firmware update problem, but theres always at least one thing different in everyone elses than mine. Is there a way to revert back to the last firmware or did i burn out some hardware componant? The aircraft status light on the side just keeps blinking red/yellow/red. I do know the aircraft firmware and RC firmware have to be compatible, but i can't really tell what firmware is installed on the aircraft by what it's telling me.

Anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to send it anywhere if i can fix it myself. THX.

Hey everyone. First post here on the Phantom Pilots forums. I'm pretty much a newbie to drones in general, but not new to realizing how much help and support there is in forums like this.

I purchased a used DJI Phantom 4 a month ago. Excellent shape with lots of extras for a decent price, and have used it quite a bit with no issues. I had an update show up one day so i decided to do it. (I know better now). I use an Android device (One Plus 7 Pro), with the DJI Go 4 app, but also have the DJI Assistant 2 on my Windows based laptop. I'm not real fluent in updates so not positive in the process other than what i have found online. I have tried a few different ways, with laptop, android and Ipad Pro. No luck. I believe the download comes first, then transmission to the aircraft? Every way i try, it either hangs at 99% or says update failed. And now i have no video feed to my phone.

Now, on Assist 2 it says i'm running firmware V00.00.0000. But the DJI Go 4 app says its the latest firmware. Ipad says version unknown. Looking in the about section of my android app, it says look for updates. When i click it, it just keeps looking, but never comes up with anything. The RC version is 1.9.3. App version, 4.3.36.. And whenever i try and update with Assit 2, it always says download failed.

I know this sounds like every other firmware update problem, but theres always at least one thing different in everyone elses than mine. Is there a way to revert back to the last firmware or did i burn out some hardware componant? The aircraft status light on the side just keeps blinking red/yellow/red. I do know the aircraft firmware and RC firmware have to be compatible, but i can't really tell what firmware is installed on the aircraft by what it's telling me.

Anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to send it anywhere if i can fix it myself. THX.
Welcome
Um red yellow green is its start up test sequence, are you able to move cam with remote wheel,is remote lights all green,,,I would start by deleting and reinstalling djigo4 now that your updated,,updates are optional,,your new djigo4 will prompt you with any new updates required in aircraft status settings,,with app and all powered up in ABOUT in settings will show what's installed as well,,same as homescreen where 3 black lines top right of screen,press and hold to see rc version there,,this way of checking firmware by reinstalling app will save it being a forced firmware by remote button sequence,,which can give issue if not properly done aswell,,,try relinking also

Reactions: BigL
Yes i am able to control camera with wheel. I have also tried relinking. Just tried it again with no change. On the downgrade firmware screen it's telling me it has firmeware version 1.9.3. which is the same as the RC. But no available firmware to downgrade to. In DJI Assistant it says firmware V00.00.0000. uninstalled/reinstalled DJI Go 4 and in the aircraft status it says latest firmeware. In the about section it does the round loading sign again and goes nowhere. Does the very same as before.

I always have a green light on the RC, thats never a problem. It just never seems to be able to finish the download, or if it does, it fails. I can't even find the latest firmware online for it because i assumed they stopped support for it. If i do find the file do i just put it on the SD card and it should update itself?

Now that i think of it i have never seen the transmit screen so i'm wondering if it's not a firmware issue, but hardware instead. But it is strange that Assit 2 shows firmeware V0, and the Go4 cant tell me the firmware version. Kinda stumped right now, ready to send it in.

Hiya Iowabucks - have same issue with my P4 - Aircraft reports f/w V00.00.0000 - I have yet to find a way round it - has been suggested that some sort of hardware intervention is required to update the firmware - DJI not forthcoming - loads of people have the same problem. I have tried everything - but no update is getting to the aircraft. I have a similar post running on the DJI forum - same user name.
screen shot 1.jpg

Hi, I had same problem exactly before 4 days, and I did everything possible for me.
do you find the salutation?

@bckerlate Your issue is not related to this thread. Your issue is not caused by fw update.

Anyway, there are two possibilities:
1. Lose wire or antenna damage
2. One of modules rebooting

So you either need to inspect and re-connect all cables, or identify the faulty module.

This is unrelated to OP, whose problem was failed flashing of one of modules. For OPs problem, you know one of modules is no longer booting, so you just have to identify that module.

O-Gs Wiki - on modules within drones

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20