Can't connect through camera...

gunslinger

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This is a bit embarrassing being a mod here for quite a while and also being an early P2V owner... But...

I haven't flown my P2V in months. Today, I took it out of the cases, plugged everything in and everything looks great, except I'm not connecting to the camera. I'm getting telemetry and a great connect to WIFI... Just no camera feed. I have a blinking green light on the camera...

Anybody???

Thanks...
-slinger

Reactions: J Dot
Cables all look fine. I can take pictures and video without a problem. Just can't connect to the camera via WIFI... pissing me off...

Reactions: J Dot and dirkclod
Have you tried just rebinding everything .
Mine did that a few weeks back and just hardbooted my device and was fine after that .
Don't know why but that worked .

Have you tried just rebinding everything .
Mine did that a few weeks back and just hardbooted my device and was fine after that .
Don't know why but that worked .

Yeah I rebound, formatted the SD... Nothing's working. Weird... As this is totally out of the blue. Never had any problem like this previoiusly...

I'm thinking it's something with his phone or his RPG connections . Maybe just change where your at if there's a lot of Wi-Fi .
Gotta be something simple .Done seen this to many times before and now cant find the threads :rolleyes:
Lately mine has been doing that and I have just rebooted everything to fix it like I said and have ordered another RE700
as I think mine has played out .

Hey guys,
Slinger, open your camera casing, make sure both antennas are plugged in, I opened one of mine the other night, having issues with it, both antennas were unplugged? I plugged them in ( silicone on them ) and she working fine again , but was more range than anything.

Next
From being in these SO much, I found the bottom board on the stack, is the receiver/transmitter board! Now that being said, hypothetically, maybe it is receiving commands, but unable to transmit? On this note, if you remove this board ( very bottom board on stack ) From the metal housing ( camera frame ) it has an ICU chip with thermal paste on it!
I had to change one once, due to solder but won't mention any names @dirkclod , lol :rolleyes:, but when I put back together it over heated and lost feed, I took it apart, put new ( Arctic Blue thermal paste, reassembled, and was fine! Again, maybe something different? Maybe the same? I would love to dig into that camera, to finally put this FPV loss to rest! Happening TOO much! If you cannot get it fixed, I have several spare fc200 cameras, TRUST ME! You are welcome to one, as you been a LONG time friend to me and other mutual friends here!, so a trade! Your broken camera for my working camera ( if you cannot get it worked out? And if you want to, I'll send first! ) or, I have a spare bottom board, I can send if you want to try to change them out! ( again, do not know if that IS the issue, just sounds too familiar! )

Most had this problem after app update! But not the case here right?

Lastly,
Is your fan working on top of fc200?

J Dot
:cool:

Hope this helps, just my 2 cents, but you never know! New camera will have a Mac addy as well, I will tape it to the top! Let me know, ALWAYS glad to help! Pm your info if you want to try a new board or whatever!

Reactions: dirkclod
Yup... fan's working... This is really weird. I still have my old RE500 and I'm going to try to bind it to the cam. AFTER I try the rig as is, outside... It could be interference of some kind... who knows... Thanks guys...

Okay... Tried the RE500, same thing. I tried it outside away from any interference, same thing... When I connect, the light on the camera goes from solid green to blinking green, but never gets to the fast blinking green as it should...

I'll check the antenna wires tomorrow, but I've got the Rotorpixel on this cam so it's going to be a PITA to crack open... Why would the antennas become disconnected while sitting in a case for five months. This is freaking weird...

-slinger

By the way... I tested this with my iPhone 5s, my Nexus 7 and my Samsung 10.1... same results on all three...

-slinger

My camera was in a box, I was assembling the rotorpixel Dirk sent me, when no range, first thought it was rotorpixel covering antenna but it was like no reception, so I opened it, both antenna leads off? I never dropped it, or nothing? Not sure really? Just a thought! Something may have burnt out in your camera?
Usually burnout happens when you turn something on, could be a simple resistor! Who knows!

Did you turn your device COMPLETELY OFF, reboot and try?

Or delete and reinstall your app?

Also could be the problem.

J Dot
:cool:

Okay... Tried the RE500, same thing. I tried it outside away from any interference, same thing... When I connect, the light on the camera goes from solid green to blinking green, but never gets to the fast blinking green as it should...

I'll check the antenna wires tomorrow, but I've got the Rotorpixel on this cam so it's going to be a PITA to crack open... Why would the antennas become disconnected while sitting in a case for five months. This is freaking weird...

-slinger

Slinger the camera is easier to remove from RPG than stock gimbal! Can be done and apart in 10 minutes! Tighten up! :cool:

J Dot

J Dot... I re-installed the AP on one of my android devices... No love... WTF? over...

-slinger

I can not see anything happening to your camera while it was stored . I still think it's from a phone update or your surroundings
or something like that . Extender fully charged I'm sure so this is strange like you said .

Slinger,
Do you have an older version of the app saved to iTunes or hard drive?

I read somewhere, a guy had same issue, he was running 3.14 ( I believe ) can't freaking remember, and can't find thread? But he went to an earlier version of the app, and FPV returned! Sill searching my friend, we will make this happen, if I have to take a camera to Dirk, strap it to Dixie, and have him fly it to you! I think she can make it!

J Dot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.