Can I record Sound with my iPhone 6 Microphone on the DJI GO App while Flying?

Reaction score
Hello all!!! I am new to this forum. I tried searching for this information and the responses were mainly about people trying to record sound on their Drone. I am actually just trying to record my commentary as I fly in the same video files. Now sure that is possible. There were several threads that made it seem like it was doable but never described how. I think the other option suggested was to record the sound locally on my iPhone and then merge the files later? If so, I am new to this whole editing video thing. Can someone provide a link to a good place to learn how to merge my slilent flying videos with sound and possibly an app do the the sound recording? I know I am asking a lot for a new guy but hope to pay it forward once I learn a lot :) Thank you in advance for your help. In case you need the information, I am using an iPhone 6Plus on a P3 Professional.

You can record your voice using your iPhone. But as you noted, it will be a separate recording from the Phantom video.

You will need to use software (preferably on a computer) to combine the two after recording.

You can do this in most video editing software. Even something as simple as iMovie (for Mac) or Movie Maker (for Windows) will allow you to lay an audio track on top of video footage.

Cool thank you. Do you have a suggestion for a good app to record the sound? Perhapse one with Screen Capture so that I can also record what is happning on my screen so I can learn from what I do on the controler?

You can find some commonly used screen recorders here.

DUDE! You are awesome! I never expected answers this quick. Those looks look perfect. I'll read up on them and try them out. I apprecaite you help :)

Phantom help- I am also new and am getting a p3a, where can I find the screen location to the hyperlink you used for help. I want to save that location as it looks very helpful

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cool thank you. Do you have a suggestion for a good app to record the sound? Perhapse one with Screen Capture so that I can also record what is happning on my screen so I can learn from what I do on the controler?
Since you are using an iPhone on (iOS 9 I presume), I don't think there are any functional screen recorders without jailbreaking. Shou stopped working for non-jailbroken devices with ios9. You could choose to use a 3rd party app like Litchi or Autopilot that will record your screen and iPhone microphone while you fly.

It's a lot easier to sit at home where it's quiet and just talk into a microphone as your video plays in front of you on the screen because you have already seen it as you were recording and knowing what to say flows easily from your favorite chair :eek:

Reactions: BigMacOne

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic