I can only record video for 6 seconds

Reaction score
I have a phantom 3se, not a standard. The box in the title area for my post does not have the 3se option,

I can only record video for 6 seconds, then the ability to record goes away. The sd card status on the DJI go app shows NA when this happens.

I still have a video connection, but cannot record. This happens with various differant SD cards ranging from 4 gig to 64 gig. I have re-formatted the cards in the drone, and on the computer.

The only way I can resume recording is to shut down the drone, controller, and dji go app, and start over. I then can record for 6 seconds again.

This happens whether I am using my old iPhone 6+, my current 7+, or my iPad.

I have deleted and reloaded the dji go app, still the same thing.

I am confused on firmware, identification, and updating. I purchased the unit in I believe September 2017, shortly after the 3se was available to purchase. I have never updated firmware, and the dji go app still says firmware is up to date and normal.

I purchased the 3 se to specifically video and document the conditions of the roofs on my rental properties. Only recording 6 seconds at a time isn’t saving me any time.

Thanks for any help I may get!!!

This happens with various differant SD cards ranging from 4 gig to 64 gig. I have re-formatted the cards in the drone, and on the computer.
I don't see any mention of the peed of the cards you've tried.
Are any old cards that were lying around or are they U-1 speed or higher?

I tried using a sandisk ultra plus 64 gig card. I am not sure of the make or speed of the 2 gig card I tried using tonight. I also had this problem last fall, then it got cold out, and I put the drone away for the winter. Just pulled it out tonight to brush up on running the thing.

So I guess I don’t know how to tell if the card is a U-1 speed or higher.

Thanks for the quick response

I also purchased the sandisk ultra plus 64 gig last fall, because I was having this problem, and thought maybe it was because of the little 4 gig card I was using.

Thanks again

I also purchased the sandisk ultra plus 64 gig last fall, because I was having this problem, and thought maybe it was because of the little 4 gig card I was using.

Thanks again
I don't think that card is fast enough. Ultra products have moderate transfer speeds. You will want to invest in SanDisk Extreme or Extreme Pro. 16G should do it.

Edit: Look for 30MB/s or higher to ensure smooth recording. That info will be on the packaging and the card itself.

I don't think that card is fast enough. Ultra products have moderate transfer speeds. You will want to invest in SanDisk Extreme or Extreme Pro. 16G should do it.

Edit: Look for 30MB/s or higher to ensure smooth recording. That info will be on the packaging and the card itself.
Thanks for the advice. Who would have known the guys at Best Buy didn’t know what he was talking about!! Lol
I will search one of these cards out.

Thanks again

Reactions: RodPad
Thanks for the advice. Who would have known the guys at Best Buy didn’t know what he was talking about!! Lol
I will search one of these cards out.

Thanks again
My pleasure to connect you. The SE is a great addition to the P3 line. Don't worry about the updates, the P3 series probably won't see any updates for awhile if at all. DJI has moved on. The app will let you know if an update is available or required. If you open the DJI Go app, under the "About" tab I think, you should find the firmware version. If everything is running OK, you don't need to do anything.

Look for a class 10 speed card.

Some are now approved for over 100mbps data rates. The Mavic shoots AVCi100 at 4K so with these better formats available we’re all going to require faster cards. Look further than just the size stamped on the front of the card.

Reactions: RodPad
@stw1226,
Looks like you got some good answers.

I don't know anything about your Phantom. I was thinking that if you haven't? You could try the lowest video resolution, just to see if you get more that 6 seconds on your current cards.

Also for testing videos, etc, you don't have to have the motors started or even outdoors. ;)

BTW...
Welcome to the forum! :)

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20