Can contacts on bottom of P4p HiCap battery be replaced?

Reaction score
Hi gang. This morning I discovered one of the contacts on bottom of one of my batteries is bent or damaged.
Actually still fits in P4p and works. But difficult to get in charger. And I know it will only get worse or damage the pins in the drone eventually.

I have 2 old batteries that I was going to recycle, but the parts I need are totally fine.
Does anyone know how to swap out that part- and if it’s even safe or possible? Or who I could send it to to do it?
Rather than toss a $185 battery I’d love to fix it if I can.
Not home now , but I’ll post photos of the problem later.

Try

He repaired an defective Phantom 4 battery for me $50. Great service.
Spoke to Erik and I’m having 3 batteries looked at and he’s pretty sure he can fix (replace shell) on my transmitter that’s
got a crack.
Great resource. And he’s in the Chicago area - bonus for me as I can drop my stuff off.

Update on my battery repair. I heartily recommend air America or Erik Navarro to do anything Phantom related for repairs. I have three batteries that I thought were a loss and was going to take them to the recycle center. I sent them to Eric and he said they’re totally repairable and within a few days I had all three back. One of them had an unbalanced cell. He sent me a shipping label I sent it to him and within a couple of days l had it back and it’s perfect.
I had one more problem with the third battery. It’s a black battery that I bought when batteries were hard to find it was the only one available. And it’s been very reliable. But I was getting an error message saying that it wasn’t installed properly to reinstall it. Even though I knew that it was fine. And Erik said that it worked fine on his phantom.
So I drove to his place which is in the Chicago area (Bolingbrook) with my phantom and the batteries and sure enough that battery worked fine his birds, but not in mine. He told me I should refresh the firmware and both the P4P and the batteries withe the DJIAssistant app, which I did and still gave me an error. He is now going to Replace a Battery for me. Swap it out for one of his that works fine.

So now I have three more batteries than I had a few weeks ago for just over the price of a single battery. Cost me about $200 for the three repairs. He did it quickly and has great customer service. Told me that he does Repair‘s “anything phantom“ and I would have no problems taking my repairs to him in the future. Check him out.
[email protected]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues