How to update P4P battery to be used on P4

Reaction score
1. Just bought a couple of used P4P batteries. I have a P4.
I seem to remember reading that you need to upgrade the firmware using each battery? So what do I do before flying with these new batteries?

2. When I acquired my used P4, i upgraded the RC and the Drone using the DJIGo4 app. It hung up, I restarted it, then it said successful. Weeks later, I find that the Tripod Mode is not available. (Yes, I know where it is supposed to be located in the app.) So I reuploaded the drone firmware using DJI Assistant 2. It said successful - very smoothly. But Tripod Mode is still not showing up.
Question: I see an option in Assistant to downgrade to a previous version. Should I do this? Is there a firmware version that this group of experts recommends? (Other than if it ain't broke, don't fix it- as I see old comments about upgrades that screwed things up)

I seem to remember reading that you need to upgrade the firmware using each battery? So what do I do before flying with these new batteries?
Start at step #21 here.

Thats what I was looking for, the part about the batteries needing upgrade, too. Even if they are up to date, I thought they might still need to be "linked" that they are being used in a P4 instead of the P4P they came from.

Any suggestion on which firmware version is the best for a P4? In case I need to downgrade, I think I should do that before linking the batteries.
My P4 batteries get switched between the standard and Pro all the time. Never updated nothing on batteries. Put in, go fly. ?
Original or the new high power makes no difference.
thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic