Camera help p3s

Reaction score
Hi there! I have a phantom 3 standard and I want to record a job with concrete I did not long ago. Whenever I fly it and I turn the drone too quick it flickers, sometimes even if I turn slow, can you please give me the best camera settings for a half sunny half cloudy day, recording concrete and a nice video, do I use ant flicker on 50hz or 60hz do I leave everything on auto or manual, please help. Thankyou

Looks like the low quality video from your phone/tablet , take the sd card out of the phantom - put it in a card reader -- transfer to pc and watch the HD video on your pc .

Reactions: Pharm
Looks like the low quality video from your phone/tablet , take the sd card out of the phantom - put it in a card reader -- transfer to pc and watch the HD video on your pc .
Ok thanks, can you please give me some good camera settings. What settings should be auto or manual, antiflicker 50hz or 60hz, how to stop the flickering?

Ok thanks, can you please give me some good camera settings. What settings should be auto or manual, antiflicker 50hz or 60hz, how to stop the flickering?

Go to PhantomHelp.com - there is a gob of information in there about cameras/settings, filters, how to take better videos, etc. There's enough help info in there to drive you crazy (and keep you off the street and out of the air - LOL).

If there's a better source of info about phantoms, I've not seen it!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

I've been looking for a part with best camera settings on phantom help but I could not find it... Can you please tell me what should be on auto and what should be on manual? Also, why are my videos crackling a bit, how do I make them smooth?
Thanks

I've been looking for a part with best camera settings on phantom help but I could not find it... Can you please tell me what should be on auto and what should be on manual? Also, why are my videos crackling a bit, how do I make them smooth?
Thanks

Like many others here, I'm still learning also! But here's my basic take on the subject:

Set your camera on manual. (You *might* get away a lot of the time in AUTO if you use ND filters - sunglasses for your camera)
Set ISO to 200
I shoot my video at 60fps, so I set my shutter speed at 1/120 (that might actually be 1/100, but you'll probably be okay in either case)
If you're using an app that lets you use the histogram, learn how to turn it on and off - it will help you identify grossly underexposed
and/or grossly overexposed. There's another setting that people refer to as "...the zebra stripes..." that help identify the parts of the video or photo that are going to look "washout out" - basically overexposed.

I would consider those starting points. Experiment on your own and see what you like and learn how to create the proper settings.
And I still recommend getting advice from somewhere else - I'm definitely not an expert.

When you get your settings in the right ballpark, I suspect your video might get smoother as well - just a hunch on my part.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

Worked well thanks...

Glad to help. A number of months ago I came across post after post after post (mostly on the DJI Forum) about what settings and how to take better photos/videos, etc. There were responses from a number of professional photographers. Great reading and great discoveries. One of the comments really stuck with me. That particular professional asked the dynamite question: "...are you going to generate professional-looking photos and videos or are you just interested in flying around taking home movies?"

If you're in the "..taking home movies..." category, it's pretty easy. Buy a reasonable set of filters for your phantom, learn which one you need depending on how bright it is outside, then fire away, probably in AUTO mode. (Again, if you read some of the great help information, the "why" of how and why this works will be illuminated (pun intended!).

The easiest way to find the bulk of this information (readable by someone who *isn't* a professional) is via PhantomHelp.com. It's a great, exhaustive research point for Phantom owners.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4