Camera Guard

I can se another potential issue with this design.
If landing on something not perfectly even, there might be a risk of the Phantom "rocking" or even falling over?
If for instance there is something sticking up and the legs don't have even contact, or only partial contact it might render the Phantom unstable.
Might be better to either rise the "platform" or put something under the legs?

Kickstarter makes it available to a larger audience and gives everyone the assurance of this being a genuine offer and sets up an easy payment option. It also shows that I am serious about producing the camera guards.

Cougar, anything that sticks up enough to unsettle the phantom by hitting the camera guard would have the potential of striking the camera. Another advantage is that it stiffens the landing legs, so that even it you hand catch it on descent, it feels more solid. The force is distributed across all the legs instead of just the one you grab.

I am also interested in this brackert/guard too. It would seem like it could only help protect the gimbal/camera and potentially help prevent it's destruction in a crash.

Im interested whenever its available !

The website for ordering the camera guard is now up and ready. If you would like to have one just go to: http://uavbits.weebly.com/ and put your order in. We need at least 32 orders to justify buying all the material and shop time. As soon as we hit the magic number I'll order the material and have the shop start the first batch.
The camera guards will be made from high quality carbon fiber and individually inspected before being shipped out. I am really excited with this project. :D

Cool, looks like this might also double as a mount for my new Trax GPS tracker I'm expecting soon. All those holes would make it easy to zip tie it to the bottom of it... I just ordered one. I figured it's a good $35 insurance policy. It may not guarantee a damage free gimbal in the event of a crash, but I can definitely see this mitigating the risk on a hard it to a non-flat surface. I'd rather my phantom tumble over a big rock or piece of FOD and kill some props vs. kill my expensive gimbal/camera...

fastsmiles said:
Shipping to Canada is $3.00 also.

Thanks for the quick response, a very reasonable shipping price on this item. I wish the bracket/brace itself cost less but, I do understand the R & D involved. Is your site a certified, encrypted and insured website for payment transactions?

I just tried to PayPal you the money for the plate + shipping but the transaction was refused by PayPal...

Please have a look at your email and we'll sort this out one way or another :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4