Camera Guard

If anyone has suggestions or ideas on how to attach the guard to the landing struts instead of using zip ties, I am open to making changes in the design to accommodate improvements. I find zip ties are easy to place and easy to remove, and cheap.

As long as it's not Apple priced ;), count me in!

Jim in MD
unless there are enough people interested in a white version, only a carbon fiber version is practical. I did consider making it out of clear polycarbonate, but carbon fiber will be much lighter.

Count me in

Not so sure most + camera/gimbal damage has been due to direct hits of camera to object but rather due to the sudden inertial force of sudden stop which slams camera arm up against underside of gimbal, bends arm, tears ribbon cable, etc.

fastsmiles said:
The vertical arm on the P2V+ is the weak link in an already delicate camera gimbal. After bending mine in a minor crash, I designed a guard that will prevent objects from striking the camera. It not only protects the camera and gimbal, but also strengthens the plastic landing struts.
If there is interest in these I will have an entire batch made from carbon fiber. They will be cut using a water jet, for a nice professional finish. I secured the prototype with zip ties.
Let me know if you're interested.

How did the vertical arm got bend? It seems like it would take a lot of force to bend the arm. Can you straighten it out?

I have a suggestion to improve your design mate, add a vertical plate also that connects to the base plate and also slots in between the vertical landing struts. This would increase the strength even further and also provide a place to mount trackers.

lukeglazebrook said:
I have a suggestion to improve your design mate, add a vertical plate also that connects to the base plate and also slots in between the vertical landing struts. This would increase the strength even further and also provide a place to mount trackers.
+1

I have a laser cutter and can make something similar out of Plexi / Acrylic if anyone is interested. Probably not much more then a few dollars.

Jimmy

I have Waterjet machines if needed can make some mockups if someone wants to do the drawings and specify the material.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj