Camera Guard

Helveticus said:
cappy24 said:
its fine that you can't land in the grass....HOWEVER since this was a known problem i think it should have been disclosed...Would have saved me two props that got damaged by tipping over....
I'd rather have a couple of damaged props but a protected gimbal/camera ;)

And if you fly from grass, just get a piece of plywood (50cmx 50cm or less) that you use as an "helipad/quadpad" and you're all set. You may even improve your pilot skills while precision landing on your custom "quadpad" :mrgreen:
all i said was the manufacturer SHOULD have disclosed that you shouldn't fly in grass....I know all about the piece of plywood and am quite capable of precision landing...but hey thanks for your input :roll:

jonnyvermont said:
:roll: Common sense isn't so common after all!
It cracks me up how people just want to check out, when it comes to operating their equipment. :lol:
Like the wife said about the oil pressure light, "Yes, I saw the light was on. If there was a problem, it should have gotten brighter or beeped." :lol:

I'm guessing the "spider legs" version does not protect the camera as well ? Kind of looks like it does.. but its 1/3 of the price..

If it doesn't protect the camera, is it possible to make a version that protects camera and helps with landings ??

I looked into doing a version of the Spider Legs in either polycarbonate or carbon fiber but the cost was just too high. It was almost as much buying both the spider legs and the guard, so I decided to make it in only Duraplex acrylic. That way customers have the option to fly with just the guard or both the spider legs and the guard. If there is enough demand for a polycarbonate version of the landing legs then I would be happy to offer it.

I think I'll just get the guard.. probably carbon fibre.
I took prop guards off recently and was worried it would tip over but landing without guards has been fine.
If you see an order on your site from someone from Australia today.. it will be me :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20