camera doesnt record more than 10 secs

Reaction score
ive flown my phantom 3 about a dozen times now. for some reason when i fly in certain areas, the camera turns off after 5-8 seconds. very frustrating

i believe the common denominator here is that i was flying near a city where the dji app stated it was restricted fly zone. i could fly no problem, but had to keep asking the camera to record, then it would and turn off seconds later. lost some good footage here on the beach, outside puerto muerelos in mexico. hoping that i can underatand where i can and cannot record, then also if there are work arounds to this restriction.

thanks for any suggestions anybody has here...

Welcome to the Forum!

First up, try formatting the SD card with the app.

Rod

Yeah,nothing in any restricted zones should affect camera operations. Many similar problems have been linked to the SD card. As RodPad suggested, reformat in the app. Doing it in you laptop or PC apparently doesn't properly reset some files pointers and can cause problems.
Not related, but. Don't know where you're from, but there was a thread here recently showing pretty convincing evidence that Us citizens are NOT allowed to fly our drones is Mexico! Not something I would want to push!

Thanks for the replies guys. Wasn't able to figure out the format in app function. Same thing happened again. I fixed by landing then started filing then took off again. No problem. Hmm. Seems I have to start recording before I take flight?

Also thanks for heads up on Mexican flight restriction. Haven't had any issues yet but also have been very respectful of others privacy and space as always.

Thanks for the replies guys. Wasn't able to figure out the format in app function. Same thing happened again. I fixed by landing then started filing then took off again. No problem. Hmm. Seems I have to start recording before I take flight?

Also thanks for heads up on Mexican flight restriction. Haven't had any issues yet but also have been very respectful of others privacy and space as always.
Should be able to find the reformat function near the bottom of the camera settings page. Don't have right now, I'll double check when i get home later.
Troublesome that you can start filming on the ground, but not in the air!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20