Phantom 3 took a surprise swim. Looking for advice.

It is also my understanding that it reduces the useful life expectancy of these LiPo batteries to take them down below 3V ......so the replacement issue under warranty probably is also a consideration that could have influenced DJI's decision to just implement a shut down rather than allow cumulative damage (and warranty claims) to occur.

Reactions: Steve7777
It is also my understanding that it reduces the useful life expectancy of these LiPo batteries to take them down below 3V ......so the replacement issue under warranty probably is also a consideration that could have influenced DJI's decision to just implement a shut down rather than allow cumulative damage (and warranty claims) to occur.
How about cumulative damage when the drone and the battery crashed. That's very odd theory.

How about cumulative damage when the drone and the battery crashed. That's very odd theory.
I don't think that demonstrably flying below the recommended and reasonable capacity of the battery, thus causing battery shut-down, would get you many repair points with DJI.. unless they were feeling very kind...

Would probably be down to pilot error every time in DJI's view... If you have an all-situations cover, then the insurer might pick up the bill (or not)... :)

As regards if it lands on someone's head - that's very unfortunate - and another matter...

I have flown over water for over five years. Yesterday I had my first close call. Click BLUE Vimeo link:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Whew! Just missed that girl. ??

Whew! Just missed that girl. ??
She is my granddaughter. I was aware that she was in front of the drone a safe distance before bring the drone to a lower level. I had hope the would. enter "stage left", but when I saw the water so close, I immediately pushed the up throttle ... admittedly in panic mode!

Russ43Phantom, that's a fantastic video and your expertise paid off to avert that Drone Swim. I think that I have gained some insight into batteries do's and don'ts. As a newbie drone flyer, I took mine out while the battery was half charged and hovered around my yard. I guess I was lucky.
Stay safe all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan