Reaction score
Hi,

I'm flying a Phantom 3 standard with the DJI GO App.
The gimbal of the Phantom 3 can tilt the camera across a 120° range (see attached sketch image).
Unfortunately, the app shows the tilt motion of the camera without any degree units along the scale (see attached screenshot), and the scale also has more bars than needed for a 120° range.

Where and how can I see/find out the exact angle of the camera (in degrees)?
What is the exact angle in the attached screenshot? Does anyone know?

Many thanks!
Gimbal.jpg
Camera_angle.jpg

Its funny that somethings you never think about. I fly the P3 and adjust the camera to suit the view I want ... checking it on screen. But never thinking in terms of degrees angle.

Nigel

Reactions: hutch and epicdoom
hmm... Yes, -110 degrees does look very wrong. -90 should be there, unless this is a carryover from maybe some other camera used on another bird with more backwards tilt? Dunno, but maybe another GO 4 fubar.

Reactions: epicdoom
In GO - you can select extra 30 deg or not as you wish.

Nigel

Reactions: epicdoom
Regarding the question of the gimbal tilt "gauge" in DJI GO and actual tilt degrees, your best guess is to check how it behaves when you enable the extra +30 degrees (with this I mean to check if the gauge scale changes or remains the same). Say that the gauge displays 14 steps when you enable the full 120 degree tilt motion, each line would be ~8.6 degrees.

As for having a precise measure of the tilt angle, you can find it in the flight records: I use the TXTtoCSV converter ([TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter) and the gimbal angles are in the GIMBAL.pitch, GIMBAL.roll and GIMBAL.yaw columns. It seems these numbers are absolute, not relative to the AC. Pitch, for example, goes from 0 to -90 (I have not enabled the +30 range on my P3S) irrespective of the actual AC pitch. Same for Roll, it's always 0 as the camera stays level with the horizon, regardless of the AC roll. Yaw goes from -180 to +180 relative to North.

May I ask why you need that? It's definitely a particular use case...

Its funny that somethings you never think about. I fly the P3 and adjust the camera to suit the view I want ... checking it on screen. But never thinking in terms of degrees angle.

Nigel
I'm the same never gave it a thought lol I point it where I want and that's about it
is odd though how its set up the way the OP pointed out

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31