Beware of DJI’s horrible customer support!

Reaction score
Beware of DJI’s horrible customer support!

A motor died on my Phantom 3 Professional, so I sent it in for repair on Feb 13, 2017. After a week, they claimed the drone was repaired and sent it back. But they accidentally sent me back a Phantom 3 4k – a significantly lower-model drone. I contacted support to notify them about the mistake. The next day I received a voicemail from a manager, Jake, apologizing and saying that they would ship me a Professional immediately, then have me return the 4k.

Several days later, after receiving no shipment, I called back trying to get in touch with Jake – to no avail. A supervisor told me that I needed to ship back the 4k before the Professional would be shipped (contrary to what Jake told me). So, I sent back the 4k last week. It was delivered on Thursday. Friday afternoon, I called (it took 3 hours to talk to a supervisor!) and they promised I would get my Professional by Monday (today). I just called again and confirmed that the Professional has not yet been shipped. Today is March 27. I have been without my drone for 43 DAYS so far.

This is insane and I am very unhappy with DJI. It is very clear that they consider “support” to be a huge inconvenience and they don’t care about their customers at all.

Hey at least you've been told you are getting a replacement. I had the same thing happen but unfortunately my P3A landed in a river.

I am still awaiting their decision...

Hope you get this sorted out.

Well so far I have never had to use support, so I suppose that is a vote in favour of DJI reliability.
I have done many repairs of out of warranty/crashed Phantoms, and spare parts are readily available.

I've heard people's opinions from both sides so I'll reserve judgment for the time being. So far the only thing I can say is that everyone I've spoken to be it over chat, email or the phone have been very accommodating even if no one seems to know the history of the issue until you start reminding them.

I just hope that both myself and despeaux and anyone else here that needs their help get the resolution they want.

Update: I finally received a replacement P3P... and it's DEFECTIVE! I can't fly more than 100 feet without losing signal. I've been without a working aircraft for over 2 months now.

Last edited:
Add me to the list of problems with customer support or the lack of it.
I wanted a replacement rubber plug for the charging port on the RC but they wanted me to send the remote in for repair but it seems to be a simple job that I can do myself.
Then there is the continuing saga of the battery and drone that nearly fell to earth, due to a loose battery in the drone housing on my P4.
I bought the second P4 from a person, who only had it for a short time, so I am still trying to get a valid receipt for the drone and battery. I have several other batteries that are not loose in either of the P4 housings.

My patience finally gave way today so I wrote a brief missive addressed to HQ in HK, which also included the marketing department, in order to highlight the poor service that has been provided to me thus far.

I don't think anything will be done.

Add me to the list of problems with customer support or the lack of it.
I wanted a replacement rubber plug for the charging port on the RC but they wanted me to send the remote in for repair but it seems to be a simple job that I can do myself.
Then there is the continuing saga of the battery and drone that nearly fell to earth, due to a loose battery in the drone housing on my P4.
I bought the second P4 from a person, who only had it for a short time, so I am still trying to get a valid receipt for the drone and battery. I have several other batteries that are not loose in either of the P4 housings.

My patience finally gave way today so I wrote a brief missive addressed to HQ in HK, which also included the marketing department, in order to highlight the poor service that has been provided to me thus far.

I don't think anything will be done.

DJI own over 80% of the consumer drone market worldwide and the CEO, who btw have billions in his bank account. Don't have the capacity of been a real entrepreneur and make customer services a priority.

We'll the rubber plug I get. That's not available as a replacement part, much as many other phantom parts. They won't provide you with a gimbal yaw arm separately either.
Many things on the market don't have even simple replacement parts available individually. It's a disposable world out there.
Even if the plug were available, with the way it is mounted and the RC assembled, it would be tricky to replace it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers