P4P V2+ 'Cannot Take Off, Navigation System Error' etc.

Reaction score
I realise this topic was originally posted some time ago so forgive me for posting it again but my (and your) options have changed since DJI have just informed me that as of July 1st 2023 they no longer offer support or service for the P4P V2+. So I can’t send it back to them…..

To recap: I’m getting several error messages when I start up the machine which include ‘Cannot Take Off’, Navigation System Error’ and ‘Check Redundancy State’ All four LED’s on the aircraft are solid red.

I had been talking to DJI support before their very sudden announcement and performed the following steps as instructed by them:

Calibrated the IMU

Calibrated the Compass

Refreshed the Firmware for both aircraft and controller

Sadly this did not make any difference at which point I was told to send it back to them. Shortly followed by the discontinuation of service and support notification…..🤔

So, other than the steps listed above and sending it back to DJI did anyone find a solution to the problem?

I was hesitant to take it apart but since I can’t send it back to DJI I have nothing to lose by doing so. I seem to remember seeing a post that mentioned disconnecting and reconnecting the cables had solved the issue?

Anyway if anyone has any suggestions they’d be most welcome!

Thanks.

From the other tread that resembled your issue, the GPS module seemed to be the subject.
Have you replaced your GPS puck ?

From the other tread that resembled your issue, the GPS module seemed to be the subject.
Have you replaced your GPS puck ?
No, I haven't. Certainly worth a try but that being said do you have any idea where might I find one? I could try DJI but I'm not sure I'd have much luck......

1. Check with Drone Ted for repair.
2. Starz had said earlier that he had one for sale?
3. I have one for sale. (It's my backup P4PV2, wife says I have too many drones)

Reactions: Rnc3.1
Sorry to hear DJI canceled support/repair
for P4P model line. Bummer
Replacing the GPS puck isn't difficult, just time consuming. Did you try takeoff in atti mode (no gps)? Won't hold position but might confirm bad gps.

Sorry to hear DJI canceled support/repair
for P4P model line. Bummer
Replacing the GPS puck isn't difficult, just time consuming. Did you try takeoff in atti mode (no gps)? Won't hold position but might confirm bad gps.
No, it won't let you take off in any mode

Please let us know..hanging on the edge of my seat.
It won't let you take off in any mode at all but given one of the error messages is 'Navigation System Error' it may well be the GPS. I'll try taking out the GPS module and start it up, maybe the error messages will remain the same.

One of my drones has gimbal sensor errors and gps signal issues. Turned out to be 3in1 board. Gps and sensors were fine. Ask Droneted or one of the other gurus.

The Google is your friend.
Any idea as to whether this module (for a Phantom 4) would work with the 4 Pro V2? I have a friend coming out from the UK next week so that would could work....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 6.41.32 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 6.41.32 PM.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 37
Compare SKU Most pro parts are pro parts. My P4 parts don't fit P4P. I think the bolt pattern is different.(screw pattern)
You're right, I got some more pictures this morning and there are four mounting holes on the P4 module vs. 3 on the P4P. Thanks.

Just make sure what you acquire is not the p4 model. You need one that reads p4pro and or p4pro v2
Thanks, I'll probably order one from the link you sent to me yesterday. I have a friend arriving from the UK on Tuesday so that would have been quicker that's all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl