P4P V2+ 'Cannot Take Off, Navigation System Error' etc.

So how is it going so far, does changing the gps module fixed the problem?? I have the same exact issue right now

So how is it going so far, does changing the gps module fixed the problem?? I have the same exact issue right now
Well I ordered the part and a friend of mine was supposed to have brought it down on the weekend but he forgot....so unfortunately no news as yet but I'll keep you posted. Since DJI don't offer service on the P4P any more I have nothing to lose by trying. I suspect that is the issue as it lost all GPS signal the last time I flew it and was struggling to acquire satellites during start-up.

Reactions: Max Wilhelm
Please let us know..hanging on the edge of my seat.
OK, It took a couple of hours to replace the GPS but it appears to be working. Haven't flown it as yet but it's starting up and acquiring satellites which is more than it did before. It's time-consuming but not too difficult, just be careful if you decide to de-solder the motor connections, there's not a lot of room to work in there. In retrospect it would have been easier to cut the wires half-way along the arm and rejoin them. Splitting the shell isn't easy, but be patient, eventually it comes apart. Here's a great video that goes through the whole process:
Good Luck!

So…….. you didn’t de-solder all the wires to get at the gps?
Yes, I de-soldered them from the board but it would probably have been easier to cut and rejoin them half way along the arm. Got to be very careful that you don't melt anything you shouldn't with the tip, it's a tight space to work in if you opt for taking them off at the board.

For access to the gps module, de-soldering just the left or right side of the main battery compartment will allow access to the three screws that hold the module in place. There are some small gold plated connectors that work well for reconnecting wires. I used them years ago when building some of the home built quads. I’ll see if I can find them and post a picture. I’ve never split wires on a p series just because of the extra soldering involved.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl