I have it at the office and will post when I get a moment. It's basically just a fact sheet regarding the P2V+ that I fly. Nothing special about the sheet or info on it.
Hi, still hoping to see/plagiarize your fact sheet!

WOW! I (am) still (trying) to diagram (that paragraph). I am not (sure) if it made sense (or not) but was (an) interesting (read) anyway?
Jim
WA5TEF

:)

If you are flying when approached just tell them not to distract you because the missiles are armed and you do not want one wasted due to pilot error.

Reactions: Bill Humphreys
Me too, I think?

Still scratchin' my head! o_O

I wrote that while in a bit of a hurry. Basically I was comparing the lack of reaction I get while flying to the lack of reaction I get while open carrying. My point was that most people probably don't notice, and most of the rest probably don't care, it's just the paranoids and the misinformed that cause a problem; everyone else is either neutral or intrigued.

I then went on to describe the only real negative reaction I have ever had while carrying, and gave a parenthetical explanation of the backstory as to why I was carrying a rifle and what issues state law causes. The short version is: I was with a group protesting a wrongful arrest and prosecution of an 18 year old, who was open carrying a rifle because that was technically his only legal option to transport it without a car; in other words he was arrested for following the law and then prosecuted on false charges. I was then screached at by an insane antigun woman.

I wrote that while in a bit of a hurry. Basically I was comparing the lack of reaction I get while flying to the lack of reaction I get while open carrying. My point was that most people probably don't notice, and most of the rest probably don't care, it's just the paranoids and the misinformed that cause a problem; everyone else is either neutral or intrigued.

I then went on to describe the only real negative reaction I have ever had while carrying, and gave a parenthetical explanation of the backstory as to why I was carrying a rifle and what issues state law causes. The short version is: I was with a group protesting a wrongful arrest and prosecution of an 18 year old, who was open carrying a rifle because that was technically his only legal option to transport it without a car; in other words he was arrested for following the law and then prosecuted on false charges. I was then screached at by an insane antigun woman.

In response to such people regarding guns, I just compare their attitude with the populace of NAZI Germany when Hitler disarmed the citizenry for the very same excuses. Anyone that wants to give up their freedoms to the government in the name of security deserves neither. Paraphrasing Franklin there but anyway that is my answer to these nuts. Not long ago I had a problem with a neighbor taking things from my yard. I threatened to call the police but they laughed at me. I then said, "if that doesn't work then I have another method to protect my belongings if you want to go that route". Well, I have not had another problem since :)

These toys can and do malfunction so I'd be more interested in seeing your liability insurance rather than some regalia.

This one is always fun. I would LOVE to a see a statistical analysis of "dangers" of drones vs. bicycles vs. "hooverboards" (what happened to those things anyway LOL), skateboards, rollerblades,

My *guess* is you have a better chance of getting hit by a car checking your mailbox than you have of getting injured by a falling drone. Just a guess mind you... LOL

I have been flying for just over a year and absolutely love using my P4. I have my permission for aerial work from the CAA and always fly legally. However I am constantly worried about upsetting someone whilst flying and its taking away the fun of flying. I have been approached on many occasions with people telling me i'm breaking the law and I shouldn't be flying here ect. Non of these people have ever had the correct facts so I simply smile and educate them on the rules and regs but its ANNOYING the hell out of me!

These past few weeks i've visited a few locations to shoot and I have not had the confidence to get the drone out of the box because I just cant be arsed with the hassle and attention from people. Anyone having the same issues?

I have been flying for just over a year and absolutely love using my P4. I have my permission for aerial work from the CAA and always fly legally. However I am constantly worried about upsetting someone whilst flying and its taking away the fun of flying. I have been approached on many occasions with people telling me i'm breaking the law and I shouldn't be flying here ect. Non of these people have ever had the correct facts so I simply smile and educate them on the rules and regs but its ANNOYING the hell out of me!

These past few weeks i've visited a few locations to shoot and I have not had the confidence to get the drone out of the box because I just cant be arsed with the hassle and attention from people. Anyone having the same issues?

sorry for previous blank. I live and fly in HK and getting harassed is as common as the curious onlookers. As long as you're not being a twat or doing something stupid, keep on smiling and worry about the law when they come. Happy flying.

Attached is a copy of my handout, if interested. Basically just facts that pertain to my P2V+ model. If the curious would like additional information, I am always happy to speak with them once my bird is safely back on the ground

Attachments

• HANDOUT.pdf
    64.2 KB · Views: 263
Reactions: ProFlightCamera
So far (touch wood) nothing but positive interactions in my part of the world. Most people I meet just ask the usual questions and go away happy.

Attached is a copy of my handout, if interested. Basically just facts that pertain to my P2V+ model. If the curious would like additional information, I am always happy to speak with them once my bird is safely back on the ground

Good, but I would make clear that the 400 foot limit generally just applies to commercial operators, not hobbyists, don't want confusion.

Good point. I just always adhere to the 400 ft as I have no reason to fly any higher and almost exclusively fly commercially. But I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that a recreational flier is not limited to 400 ft only if they belong to an established and recognized model aircraft organization. If that is the case, most recreational fliers would have the 400 ft recreational restriction. I'll try to locate where I read that.

Last edited:
Okay, here is the FAA publication regarding the 400 ft question. (I'm sure this is discussed in the Regulations part of this forum.) In order to fly above 400 ft you must fly "in accordance with community-based safety guidelines" such as those established by organizations like the AMA. Doesn't say you have to actually be a member. I would guess that most recreational fliers have no idea what those safety guidelines happen to be, and therefore would most-likely not be flying within said guidelines above 400 ft. I'm perfectly fine in following the FAA recommendation of keeping it below 400 ft for the safety of manned aircraft and have modified the handout to reflect that as being the FAA recommendation for accuracy. http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/amagov/files/2016/07/FAA-400feet.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: N017RW
I normally take the time to explain and demonstrating how it works, that way you win more people over to your cause.

However there are people who like to be a smart A, cops and guards included, and if I encounter these people I just pull my pilots licenses, that until now close the "harassment" down 100%.

Make T-shirt that says this on the back "FAA licensed drone pilot"

Group pilot number ( make up number )

How is my flying? Call (insert phone number you control here. If you don't have an extra one, get a free Google voice phone number)

Regarding the FAA stance on CBO memberships, I am reposting the response they provided me on belonging vs following a CBO's guidelines.

My question to the FAA:

"For UAS Hobby use, it is said that we are to follow the guidelines that are established within a CBO, i.e., AMA. My question is, does one have to be a member of said CBO to use or follow their guidelines?

If yes, would that not emply that a Hobbyist could not operate in he or she were not part of a CBO?"

The answer I received:

"IThank you for your inquiry. The FAA does not interpret PL 112-95 Section 336 (a) (2) as requiring membership in a CBO, nor does the FAA list any CBOs. You must only follow the guidelines of a CBO."

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I'm a certified commercial drone pilot with only around 30 flights under my belt and always flying within the law.
Unfortunately I find flying quite stressful due to several incidents with the public.
One having some irate prat throwing stones and abuse in my direction.Not sure what he was up to with his lady friend but I obviously wasn't welcome overhead !
Other incidents were when shooting property where other people in the area didn't want me flying near there properties. Again I was at a legal height.
I do sympathise somewhat and all the bad press does not help matters.
TBH I'm having thoughts of selling the kit and not offering my services anymore as can't be bothered with the hassle.

Reactions: matt1221

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj