Stupid people!

Sadly, (maybe someone already said this) the YouTuber is looking for many views. Posting a link to it here, is potentially giving him many views. ....
I did not view it

Views alone don't give revenue. Watching entire ads = revenue. Views do encourage more views in that it increases the rankings on YT.

Views alone don't give revenue. Watching entire ads = revenue. Views do encourage more views in that it increases the rankings on YT.
Wrong.
If your watching the monetized video, you've all ready watched the advertisement.

Wrong.
If your watching the monetized video, you've all ready watched the advertisement.

Not exactly. There is a difference. Many ads can be skipped. If the entire ad is watched (not skipped), ad revenue is paid. So... if the ad is watched, revenue is paid as I mentioned. Revenue is not based on views... it's based on ad's being watched.

Like I said, if you are watching a monetized video, you've all ready watched the add.

You think there is anyone out there watching The whole YT advertisement?

If people had to watch the whole commercial, nobody would be making money on YT. Why do you think these adds are so hyped for the first 5 seconds?

Sadly, (maybe someone already said this) the YouTuber is looking for many views. Posting a link to it here, is potentially giving him many views. ....
I did not view it

I never used the word revenue.

The real problem is the idiots that feel the need to call everyone on the Internet am idiot.
Well he IS an idiot! He is the type of stupid person that does stupid, inconsiderate things that gets laws passed that hurt and affect law abiding pilots that actually have common sense, read the manual and LEARN how to fly...NOT just push buttons and not know what the hell he is doing.
THEN he "blames" the quad/controller by throwing it into the water! What a LAME act!
poor little Johnny.... NOT! no sympathy from me!

Reactions: Duchunter
This helps promote his video to more and more people. Just that's mission accomplished. No so dumb.
unless you block the ads....

The sort of chap that would have to go for his drivers license test 5 times to get through.
or fail his driving test too many times and buying a license underground... then try and drive without hitting someone!

I say 'good job' to the video...maybe that many more people won't buy a drone because of his stupidity. It's the same reason I don't care for the marketing on the Spark. It's a just a glorified selfie stick and I wish that this hobby would remain small. I know DJI is a business and they are making some bank so I get it but I'm not a fan of how popular this hobby is getting. It won't be long before it affects people like me who truly enjoy sending this thing up to catch the beauty that we are standing on every day!

Reactions: pomonabill220
I say 'good job' to the video...maybe that many more people won't buy a drone because of his stupidity. It's the same reason I don't care for the marketing on the Spark. It's a just a glorified selfie stick and I wish that this hobby would remain small. I know DJI is a business and they are making some bank so I get it but I'm not a fan of how popular this hobby is getting. It won't be long before it affects people like me who truly enjoy sending this thing up to catch the beauty that we are standing on every day!

Yeah, we are better than THOSE people who think they want to be in the hobby. Let's close it down so only the select few can be a part. We are an elite bunch and we want to stay that way!

I don't mean that but what I don't want is everyone that has a smartphone also having a pocket sized flying camera that inevitably spoils it for the people who don't abuse it. I personally enjoy the niche that this has been. I just would prefer the hobby stay small.

Reactions: pomonabill220
or injure someone or interfere with something that is life threatening or interfere with fire fighting or...... because they did not research the FAA guidelines and flying restrictions that we all have to abide by (but all don't necessarily agree on), because they feel entitled or immune to the laws

When drones get cheaper, in the not too distant future, this type of clueless piloting will shut down the industry and all of us will have useless drones that we can't fly. They will be nice museum pieces. I do hope that DJI embeds an electronic fence in all drones. The fence can be removed when the pilot passes tests that certify that he/she understands all the safety related issues associated with drone flying. I also would suggest that a tight fence be applied until after, let's say 1 hour of flight time (hopefully used to do drills and get familiar with the drone's handling), then a larger fence should be applied until passing the FAA Remote Pilot in Command certification test is passed.

It's like he crashed it on purpose, "So we are going to take the drone up and it will either be a disaster, or it will crash"
Oh yeah and I almost forgot... "It's going to be epic!".

Even an idiot should know that when the battery goes dead, and it even gives him a warning that can't be any bolder than it already is! "Critical low battery. RTH." He must have canceled the RTH. "I lost the epic footage!" No, you just got it real time from the ground.

...and he lost almost $400 CAD ($300 USD) tossing the controller in the water!! May as well thrown his Phone in the water too.

Last edited:
[QUOTE............ Let's close it down so only the select few can be a part. We are an elite bunch and we want to stay that way![/QUOTE]
-------------------------------------------------
Yes - that is EXACTLY what society had to do with "real" aviation. Sad fact of humanity is that a certain percentage of us - admittedly small - is dangerous. Call it what you want - desire for attention..."macho", but these people WILL ruin this for all of us unless society weeds em out with regulations.

Look what happened in Australia regarding firearms ( and what is probably going to happen to us for the same reason) - they did NOT "weed out" the nut jobs and malcontents - tragedies that WOULD have been avoided had they tougher laws........wound up with a total ban on firearms.

i thought the magic manual said to keep the rc antennas parallel with the ground

Manual, what manual? You mean that paper thing with the funny symbols on it? The books I look at only have funny pictures.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik